The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
DirectX Error Fix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kalli Beari
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: DirectX Error Fix

First:

Check your version of DirectX on your machine, go to RUN on your computer (under the START menu), click it and type DXDIAG it will tell you what version. You must be running DirectX 9.0c to begin the fix below to be able to run the latest upgrade from EQ.

If you are not, download DirectX 9.0c (from Microsoft's home page) and THEN run the below.

If you have DirectX 9.0c just continue to the steps below.

1) Go to

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

2) Click Continue (this step verifies you have a legit copy of windows)

3) A window should pop up and you can click Install. If no window pops up, look for a yellow bar below the address bar on explorer, left click then select "allow this activeX to run" (or something very close to that.). Note you may not get a window or yellow bar. This means you have previously verified your version of windows. Go to step 4.

4) Web page will refresh and a new button appears. Click Download

5) A new window will appear. The Name field should say dxwebsetup.exe. Click Run.

6) Another new window should appear. Name field should say DirectX SDK (June 2006). Click Run.

7) DirectX window pops up. Select "I accept this agreement" and click the next button. Files are checked.

Cool Click Next again. Some files are downloaded. And installation of files occurs.

9) Reboot

10) Play EQ.

(Note: You may have to run the DirectX update twice. I'm not quite sure why. Just redo all the steps above which installed "optional components" the second time around including the d3dx9_30.dll file that is needed.)

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=tech&message.id=125203&jump=true

A side note because you are asking yourself WHY you are having to do this. Because it is an "optional" patch for DirectX that is not used by everyone that runs DirectX. There you go.

HOPE ALL THIS HELPS!

/huggies
Kalli Beari
WALKERS!

Zahasha
Guild Leader

Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

thanks Kalli <3

~* *~

"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I no like Microsoft and didnt let them install their verifier even though my Windows copy is legit ... i got around it by going to this link and downloading the full version and installing it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=FB73D860-5AF1-45E5-BAC0-9BC7A5254203&displayLang=en&oRef=http%3a%2f%2feqforums.station.sony.com%2feq%2fboard%2fmessage%3fboard.id%3dtech%26message.id%3d125203%26jump%3dtrue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: