The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New Bonuses Based On Years Played

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Gildawen
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: New Bonuses Based On Years Played

Quote:
As part of EverQuest's 6th Anniversary celebration, the game team is giving current EQ players (based on your total subscription length) one special Veteran Reward for every year that you've been an active EverQuest subscriber! This is very good news for six year vets! It means that you'll be getting six Veteran Rewards!

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/news_section/newsview.jsp?story=50003

Sounds to me like something I'd expect to come out last Friday! The link stopped working between the time I read it and when I made this post. But, the scouts over at the Ranger's Glade have a copy of the whole article.

Zahasha
Guild Leader

Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Humm think this is going into effect with the next patch ??
Guess we all get to check our AA window and see if this is real Very Happy

~* *~

"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject:

The link is live again.

According to Brenlo on Monday, April 11, 2005: 'They are indeed real. They just went up earlier than planned. They should be back up today.'

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject:

nevermind - read the text and its not implemented yet.

Chat with you all online or messageboards.
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

produs

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Hi

For some this is not going to be a problem. but for some one like me who has had a lapse in my account, i could be considered under a year played. As the new little treats are nice. i think i will never see a one.

I know that is my fault as for maxxed credit cards that i was unaware of or just when i took a break for my wife's illness.

But as i read it i think we will have alot of people really mad when they have played for alot of years and considered a newb in the rewards category.

For me oh well seems to be just life.
just a heads up

Pro

Zahasha
Guild Leader

Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:

Produs I think it has to do with when you created the character.
Click on your "time played" hot key in game and see what comes up.
You'll be 4 years or so I would guess.

~* *~

"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Based on your total subscription time as an active, paying subscriber in good standing—game time accrued during trial programs or game time included with purchase of the game software will not count towards active, paying subscription time.

I think that produs is right ... lets say that you pay for 6 months, take 3 months off, pay for 3 months... your total subscription time would be 9 months, not 12. This is a reward for people who have dished out the $$ so to say. Similar to your /played hours, it could be considrered your /subscribed months ... not your date created.

SOE recalculates this figure at the beginning of each month, so as soon as your are eligible for new rewards, you get them Smile

Personally, I don't view getting or not getting any of these as a penalty or a disappointment. If you look most of them over, they are only a very short term benefit or bonuses. The game currently doesn't have them, so anything that I will be getting is a bonus ... a freebie. Some of them are situationally really nice to have, but as long as I don't look at what person X got instead of saying wow thanks for free ability <insert ability here>, then I will be happy that I got an improvement that my toons can use. I hope that these rewards don't cause us to get frustrated or upset.

It is just a game and these are freebies based on something that isn't related to what you have done in-game (as long as you have kept your account in good standing ... ie not been a jerk). Grinding xp, having expansion X, completing such and such a quest or having completed so many missions or what ever are not the criteria for these rewards. This may be frustrating for some people because they can't do things in-game to receive these rewards.

SOE is giving people one extra year of rewards by encouraging people to continue to be long-term continuing customers by offering a 1 year subscription that will get you your extra year's reward now (and saves you $50). I think that this is a great thing. After-all, don't we all want to know that our beloved Norrath will continue to be a place to have fun and enjoy other people's company?

If any of you feel slighted by not getting one of these rewards, just send a tell and I will run my pally over and LoH you ... almost as good at the year 6 reward no??? Wink Or I could run over to your group and cast random heals on your members (year 5) ... for a small fee I may even heal those who need it most Razz lol or i can come by and randomly cast spells that are either a benefit or a minor detriment (year 3) ... can you say dispell magic??? Heck I could even toss in some bonuses not offered here ... Incessant Heckling ... Lightning Trains ... and ummm ... Free Ports to Bind Razz

Hehe I hope that this helps us all to take these rewards light heartedly and enjoy playing eq with each other ... and remember many of these are group based, so you will be the recipient of many of these abilities from others too Smile

Phinneas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: