The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Official Good-Bye

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Soulfreer65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Official Good-Bye

My subscription expired and I will not be renewing. Although I never Official made it into Walkers most of my friends are here.

The biggest part is it is no longer challenging. I can only spend a couple hours at a time a couple times a week. To get on and feel like like I have accomplished something, even if it is just to de-stress from the day, has not happened recently. I see no reason to believe that it will change anytime soon as my time on will only be getting less for the next few months.

To all of you, Thank You.

I, generally, had fun while I played EQ over the 2 and a half years despite SOE. The last litttle while I felt more like a paying software tester than a subscriber and that is not right in my books. I do not feel EQ is for the casual gamer anymore.

Best of Luck to you all.
W

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject:

Awwwwwwww Soul I will saddly miss you Sad .. But if you ever feel the need to come back and be all evil and want to hang veksar with Lovely I am always here. Getting to know you was a pleasure and had tons of fun with you. Take care of yourself and be good lol. Sometimes people just dont have intrest in the game no more and dew to RL it can make it hard to play. But if you ever come back give me a yell.

Marieann Soulrider Sorceress of Walkers

Lovelyeye Smith Lord Protector of Walkers

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject:

Humans are not always infallible.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

fasterfind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: EQ

I don't know if EQ ever was for the casual gamer. It's a game that requires a massive time commitment for progress that seems to grow exponentially as one achieves higher levels.

Everyone fondly remembers the early levels and experiences such as entering Crushbone or an LDON dungeon for the first time.

I think the point where SOE went overboard was in turning POT access into something which can take months or years for regular gamers to achieve. I think SOE wanted to make something that would keep players in the game for a while, but that was just rediculous.

I recently did the math of what spells from level 65 to 70 would cost me. Looks like about a quarter million plat -Anothing thing which is prohibitive to casual gamers. If I don't dish out the plat, I know it'll take months to get the necessary runes. On the upside, I suppose that will boost the economy though, and I like the new OOW armors and items.

All in all, EQ is still the most entertaining game I know of and my preferred way to relax from lifestress. I recently gave all of my other games away because I don't play them anymore.

I probably average about 2-3 hours per day. I've seen a lot of other casual gamers citing the same issues as yourself. It's a real downer when you hit that point in the game where it seems to be a requirement to be an extreme devote to get anywhere.

Put out a post if you find something else you really like.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject:

Why? I am not sure I see your point.

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject:

good luck soul! have fun playing other games!

fasterfind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: crossing

Quote:
Game is Game
Life is Life
The 2 never cross.

Sometimes, they can cross. I've heard stome stories of Walkers really going the distance for each other IRL... and then there's the headcases of people that marry friends from EQ.

...BTW, I'm an EQ bachellor living in the Erudin area. Enchanter of the 66 season (Which I know is old, but hey, I got CHARM baybee!) I have a bakingskill of 198 (My Jord meat pie is to DIE for) My hobbies include magic, meditation, and drogmor riding on the gulf of Gunthak.

I prefer Erudites, but I believe it's not the size of your forehead that matters as much as how you use it, so I will consider other races as well.

If you'd be interested in meeting me, please send mail via Ranger mail service.

RL Computer Tech

Last edited by fasterfind on Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject:

Dan, we've had such "headcases" in the guild before, and they remain good friends with many of us, and have the respect of many more of us. I know the comment was likely meant tongue in cheek, but it's probably not an appropriate derail in a goodbye thread.

fasterfind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Disclaimer

Quote:
we've had such "headcases" in the guild before, and they remain good friends with many of us, and have the respect of many more of us.

Respect? Muahahahaha

...Just kidding.

Yes, 'headcases' was intended to be harmless and the underlying concept of what I said is to point out that a game friend can be a RL friend - which is an ok thing to bring up and a wonderful way of leaving the welcome-mat out and encouraging them to stay in touch.

Sorry headcases hit a softspot. Almost anything can be taken the wrong way.

RL Computer Tech

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I thought you were kidding, but I wasn't sure.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: