The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Need ini file help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kaosmos Tunebane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Need ini file help!

I reinstalled EQ on a freshly formatted HD. I copied all my ini files over into the new Everquest folder, as I've always done in such circumstances, and all the settings are working correctly except for two, which I simply cannot get to work:

1) My armor color is not showing correctly (to me, others see it fine) on some pieces. I've tried the Velious setting both TRUE and FALSE with no improvement. If I click on the Dye button, everything still shows to be dyed correctly. I've tried /dopropertinting ON and OFF. The colors are wrong under both the default UI and my custom one.

2) My friends list is gone, even though it still shows up in the ini file. I can't get EQ to find the list.

Google isn't helping me with either of these annoying problems. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Kaosmos Tunebane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I found the fix for #1. Apparently the new nVidia driver causes this problem. I uninstalled it and installed 56.72 and the armor colors are now working properly again.

Hunter Mogz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:

is your ini file for the friends list look like this -- kaosmos_vazaelle.ini or name_vazaelle.ini etc.
-if it doesnt list might as well just copy those list again Razz lol

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: friends list

Interesting problem there. I've recently reached the suspicion that EQ can make double entries into it's config files and then mess itself up.

Such as... I set my language to something foreign, then logged to a different character, and now nomatter how many times I switch to common tongue, I still keep returning to foreign languages.

I know EQ is reading a bad entry and stopping there, instead of going on to read the good entry that is in my file somewhere. Language setting might be in a different file than friends list, but it's a very similiar issue.

I suggest looking for a double entry..

IF you can't find one, then copy/paste out the info you want.
You can also completely delete the ini file and EQ will rebuild it. (This is useful if you got a video mode that makes you crash before you can get to the options screen.)

Anyway, look for double entry, delete.
If no luck there, copy the info you want, and have EQ rebuild the file, then paste in the friends list.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: