The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
GoD Re-Tune
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kanwer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: GoD Re-Tune

Quoted from EQLive Dev's corner:
Quote:
More information on Gates Re-Tune
Hey folks,

Here is some expanded information on the Gates re-tune happening next week. The list shows the proposed change and below it, the reason we are planning to make the change.

Zone experience modifiers were increased in all zones from Tipt/Vxed and beyond.
- To make it more appropriate and rewarding for the intended player level ranges.

Natimbi, Qinimi, Barindu, Riwwi, and Ferubi should be tuned more appropriately for their intended level ranges.
- To make the zones more appropriate and rewarding for their intended level ranges.

NPCs will no longer hit for max damage as often. Knights in particular should find it easier to tank mobs they previously had difficulty with.
- Grouping restraints were too tight. This caused groups to require a warrior/riposte tank with multiple healers.

Ikkinz -- Guilds no longer have to flag every member of their guild in order to complete Ikkinz. Only one person needs to complete all events/raids to start Ikkinz 7. At that point, all players who complete Ikkinz 7 will get full credit for the zone.
- Based on customer feedback.

NPC innates have been adjusted to behave a little more reasonably.
- Based on customer feedback and designer logic. The innates that were placed on the NPCs were inappropriate and were making encounters too difficult.

Zone travel has been made easier. Animal aggression was lowered (faction placed to dubious) and See Invis percentages were reduced on several NPCs.
- Based on customer feedback. Players needed invisibility all the time and were getting swarmed by NPCs. These changes will help reduce these issues.

Spell drops have been increased.
- Based on customer feedback.

Increase the rate of cash drops
- Based upon customer feedback

Please submit feedback using the Dev Corner feedback button to let us know what you think!

Brenlo

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jenny

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject:

What is your credit card number? Is it a mammal?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Bad bot!

I get the feeling that SOE has no idea WTF works and what doesn't in content any more. How could they not have figured out, say, in BETA, that GoD needed these changes? Grrr.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject:

Maybe they are just seeing the exodus of people and starting to pay attention because someone added up the $$ that is leaving.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject:

My money's on them flailing randomly around, trying random shit until the players react happily.

bilisweetrose

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:

If that is true, it doesn't bode well for EQ2

Gryfndor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject:

It seems highly likely that with all the new releases that are out or close to out they may be experiencing a mass exodus from EQ. What you are witnessing is them trying to stem the bllood loss. My guess is that EQ will remain for a long time to come but likely be scaled back with server consolidations coming. Obviously just conjecture on my part. Very Happy
Farzy 51 rogue
Nasgul 29 Shadownight

soto01

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject:

The funny thing is the people they mostly designed that expansion for (high end players with ep+ gear) are now all really pissed off because they are gimpifying all the encounters. Hello SOE, challenges are what keeps most people playing you momo's. I actually enjoy the multi zone run to the sewers trial area, it made me feel like back when eq started where you had to run through several dangerous zone to get to your hunting spot. I am sure shortly they will just have a teleporter from Natimbi to the pyramid to make things "easier" thinking that will attract more people to those expansion areas also /sigh.

SOE can't even understand the player base they design an expansion for anymore. It's getting hard to hang on when all of the people you have enjoyed this game with for so long start to trickle out because of what the game has become. I honestly think EQ2 is going to be a huge flop if they keep their existing development team.

Meh, I'll be quiet now.

Tibberon 65 Wizard of Walkers
View My Gimpness
Wrylyn 65 Shadowknight of Walkers
View My Gimpness
Stibbs 65 Rogue of Walkers
View My Gimpness
Soto 65 Shaman of Walkers
(Magelo Coming Soon)

Jenny

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:

Try.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject:

I personally would like a mode of afking that mobs won't attack. They could make it so you go into a slumber or comatose mode and don't get exp, dont agro, etc. That way if you find a spot you want to solo, duo, group, etc but then have to AFK you can at a drop of the hat.

I personally have a couple friends with kids that have to AFK with little or no notice. That alone is whats keeping them from going to even zones such as Tactics. That is until I showed them a couple corners that are fairly safe.

I also wouldn't pay for an expansion that is geared toward 65+ EP. I want one that is geared around multiple levels and could be fun for even my alts. I kinda liked Ldon but would rather get it so I can solo in there or maybe even 2 box. The major drawback of the ldons to me was the number of points required for me to get anything useful.

I sure hope they do a better job of this next expansion. But would rather they fix the problems they introduced with this last engine upgrade. I really hate looking at peoples shoes while I run around POK.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Do not be mean to Soto, Jenny.

Jenny

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I was not trying to be a mean to Soto you.

warlax007

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Man the time guilds are going to be really pissed that for sure. At this point they really need to do 2 kinds of expansions. One for the hard-core time guilds and one for the not so hard-core, but how would they do that would be just too hard. There is clearly a split now in EQ. The hard core guilds Vrs. the casual guilds. We as walkers fall into casual guilds and Soe seems to be only pushing for the hard-core guilds.

One of the Problems with GoD was the Exp was not as good as PoV, PoS, HoH, BoT.... The drops in furbie or how ever you spell are good but the mobs hit really hard and only EP guilds were going there. So there is the split, EP guilds get to do the fun stuff in GoD and rest are really stuck with LDoN and PoP.

Warlax

Spirit of the Night

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't see Time guilds getting pissed. Honestly I don't see any reason for anyone to complain, although most of this SHOULD have been done in Beta.

Riwwi, Qinimi, and Barindu ARE too hard for the reward. There are some nice (RARE) drops, but unfortunately the exp sucks and the mobs are far too difficult. I hope they make those zones worth leveling in, 'cause the only time you ever see anyone there now is when they're running to trial instances or Ferubi.

Animal faction changed and see invis percentages reduced? Thank god. Sorry, but wiping in Vxed and running into a bard speed see invis kyv while naked in Barindu is not fun at all. It's significantly different from "the old days" because the mob strength and kos mob density are nowhere near running though East Commonlands while having to worry about Slate or whatnot. They aren't eliminating the see invis, and the only faction they're changing is on animals. I can think of maybe two animals in Qinimi/Riwwi/Barindu, the caged hynids in the colisseum.

Hit rates and innates? Again, great. Bad rounds will still kill an unprepared tank without proper healing, but overall it will be much more reasonable. I really don't think this is going to gimp encounters and piss off guilds, especially considering guilds were ALREADY bitching about how shitty and/or hard the trials were anyway. I'm sure they won't be gimping raid encounters, just tuning the single group stuff to be more reasonable.

I don't see anyone NOT jumping for joy about not needing to flag everyone for all of Ikkinz.

Zone exp definitely needed a boost. You could get better exp and better loot in Sol Ro for a tiny fraction of the risk.

Spell drop rates really needed to be increased. Shame that had to go hand-in-hand with nerfing nameds.

Cash drops. Hahaha. You mean that junk that doesn't stack and sells for 2 silver? Oh boy, I definitely wanted more of that Rolling Eyes

Might be too little too late though, I'm afraid. I know they've already lost one customer, for sure Wink

papyscott

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Skeet!

We need to do one more pooka run in vxed for the road Razz

Good to hear from you bud! Hope you are having fun Smile

Papy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: