The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
MULTI GUILD RAIDS new loot system 5/7/04

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jesseea

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: MULTI GUILD RAIDS new loot system 5/7/04

7 May 2004

We are going to be using a new loot system at the Raids. The old one was not fun, in fact it really sucked. This new one offers several major improvements. It is based on the concept of Flagging. It will give everyone a fair chance to get loot, and it will not slow the Raids down. And it’s fun to boot.

LOOT FLAGS:

A roll will be done early in the Raid. /random 1000. Anyone who rolls 900+ will be LOOT FLAGGED. This simply means that you will be allowed to loot one item.

Whoever is Master Looter, will make sure that everyone with a LOOT FLAG has had the chance to loot one item. Only after everyone with a LOOT FLAG has had the chance to loot their one item, will another roll be conducted for more LOOT FLAGS.

If the Raid ends early and some people have not used their loot flags, at the next Raid, just tell the Raid Leader or ML that you are still LOOT FLAGGED and we will make sure you get to loot before we roll for more flags.

People that have loot flags, must loot whatever drops immediately. They can’t wait until a better item drops. You may end up with a Fungi Tunic, or you may be gritting your teeth as you loot an Ethereal Parchment. Use it or lose it.

Loot is defined as anything that is not vendor trash and/or has a value of at least 500pp approximately.

LOOT FLAGS ARE NOT USED ON VERY HIGH LEVEL MOBS THAT ARE KILLED i.e. Any GODs or Major Bosses. A regular roll will be conducted on all items that drop. /random 1000. All people in the raid can participate in those rolls.

ITEM SPECIFIC LOOT FLAGS:

For instance: if we are in Plane of Storms and 3 people have loot flags. These same 3 people also already have BEARDS, which is an important quest item, that drops frequently, rather than roll on each BEARD that drops, a Flagging roll should be done for BEARDS ONLY.

ML says “ROLL NOW IF YOU STILL NEED A BEARD”

All who rolled 900+ will be BEARD ONLY FLAGGED. This entitles you to loot a Beard whenever one drops. Whether it be at this Raid, or in a future raid if one does not drop that day.

RECAP:

To sum this up, we will be using loot flags whenever possible to speed things up and make 100 percent certain that everyone who is flagged gets to loot.

THE ONLY TIME WHEN NORMAL ROLLING WILL BE DONE IS FOR:

UBER mobs and when a class specific Quest item or Equipment drops and nobody with a Loot Flag is able to use it.

i.e. A Monk NO DROP weapon or quest item drops and no Monks are loot flagged that can use it.

NOTE: If you are the MASTER LOOTER, or the RAID LEADER and you have a LOOT FLAG. You are always the last person to loot. You must wait till everyone with a loot flag has looted, then the next item that drops will be yours. Everyone else has to wait on the corpse timer, so this just makes things fair.

The vendor trash loot that is looted by the Master Looter is sold after the Raids and held in trust as an Expense Fund. I currently am holding 700pp. It could be used for coffins, gems, etc.

On a lighter note, all loot is really secondary. I am trying to create a fun atmosphere for those folks who are willing to spend their Saturdays with us. I am also looking at increasing our numbers, so that we are solidly 100+ people at each Raid. I am a strong believer in overwhelming force, to accomplish raids.

See you at the Raids,

MGR FOUNDER
Malhiss 65 Monk
Keiannu 65 Chanter
Cheezwiz 65 Cleric

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Dumb question, but why /ran 1000? Are more than 100 people showing up on raids?

Jesseea

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Just to reduce the possibility of TIEs, whenever we do an individual roll.

Some items have to be rolled on individually, and I am just trying to keep it consistant with the Loot Flag rolls.

Its not 100+ yet, but I am trying for that. That would be fun, laggy, but fun.

Malhiss
Keiannu
Cheezwiz

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

On these raids do you care if the puller dies on the pull even if they get the mob close enough single (or possibly double)?

that is a HUGE consideration for me because most of the time I could care less if I die on a pull as long as I can get the mob I wanted at or near the camp.

Jenny

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

A HUGE consideration for me because most of the time I could care less if I die on a pull as long as I can get the mob I wanted at or near the camp is a terrible thing to waste.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I agree Jenny--- I also think that you created a much longer run on sentance then I did.

Annir Vazaelle

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Jenny's power is growing.

Jesseea

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject:

More power to you, if you make a successfull pull, even if you die.

We had 8 clerics last raid, and we have an expense fund now for Peridots. And many of the Clerics are epic for clicky rez. So if your willing to take one for the group, you have my respect.

Malhiss
Keiannu
Cheezwiz

Talvarien

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Zigon lives for dying! Um, er, yeah, you know what I mean! :~)

talv

PH@T L3WTS

Jenny

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Oh I get it. Thanks for explaining that. Er, Aw. What?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

And Talv is an expert when it comes to dying!

Talvarien

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject:

Bah! You've been away too long, Mr. Bang! Rangers are the last to die now, thanks to our "death from afar" tactics Smile But then, since you usually go down faster than a freshman prom date, how would you know when the rangers die? Laughing Laughing

talv (powpowpow)

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject:

Mr Bang?!?!?!!!?? Shocked

Cyber to tells Talv.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: