The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Reformating questions Shil :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Denee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reformating questions Shil :)

Guess we have to wipe cpu, do a recovery. To many things wrong, from homepage, to my digital camera not transferring pics to cpu, search engine not working, etc.....
Easier to wipe and re-install everything than figure out all that.
My question is this ..... Loading EQ, expansion disks up to PoP, after that bought on line....will they automatically re-install when I run patcher?
I'm a bit weary about dx9 too. Seemed like when I upgraded that, things have been downhill since. Talk me threw it maybe or a site that will help?
As soon as I get this done I can send these 50plus pics to Nizz to post for you all Razz Im trying here.

Denee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Too late, working on cpu now ..might need help for after

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Right now? Too what?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

tenri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Sorry im late LOL

once you have loaded the EQ cd's that you have run the advanced mode patch and i will add the ones you bought online Smile

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Smile There is no need to apologize. Good gossip: you are late LOL once you have loaded the EQ cd's that you have run the advanced mode patch. How do you plan to do this?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject:

What OS are you formatting with?

Tenri is right - after you install all the EQ cds you have, the patcher should figure it all out for you (you may have to check some boxes in the Advanced section).

If I'm going to format, I'll always try to backup the EQ directory. It sucks to lose UI settings, maps, keyboard configuration, screenshots, logs, and all that. Not to mention that I think the differentiation between the CD release and the actual release is somewhere around 2 gigs including the download-only expansions. That's a lot to have to download even with a speedy connection.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Denee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject:

We did the recovery disk that came with cpu. Done it before with no problems at all. However this time our Nvidia geforce4 graphics card won't recongnize on cpu for some reason. And ohh this screen looks like shit. Options of 2bit or 16bit, where before we had the 256 etc... and worked great. Plus Nvidia website won't work correctly either, saying we have wrong system or something like that. We have Windows 98, not sure why its defaulting or whatever its doing.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject:

True Color, 32bit is the only way to go!

raWr!

PH@T L3WTS

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject:

So you have been completely unable to get the 56.64 driver set from the nVidia site? or is it not installing properly?

If the website's detection is what's screwing you up, here's the direct link: http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/56.64/56.64_win9x_english.exe

I'm assuming that because you used a 'restore' CD, you have a Compaq or an HP computer (I'll save you my normal responses about them).

If another attempt at the driver installation fails, send me an e-mail.

Am I correct in assuming that your nVidia card is something you installed after buying the computer? If that's the case, the restore CD might have installed a software set for the previous video card that's also screwing with you, or some form of driver-update protection. Since I have no clue what those types of computers ship with, I can only speculate as to what you might need to look for, but if you find anything that is video-related and isn't nVidia, I'd uninstall it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Talvarien wrote:
True Color, 32bit is the only way to go!

Here's something I know you image freaks will go nuts over:

The advent of 32-bit color (I think it was around three years ago) where the push was made from 24-bit color I find essentially one huge funky ripoff. The average human eye can't see more than 16.8 million colors which is just slightly more than true 24-bit color. So, for those of you who have achieved 32-bit color, my hat is off to you, but the average person can't even see that color depth, so...

Yea, I use 32-bit color, but that's only because my video card don't leave an option for 24-bit.

There are people who will swear up and down that they can tell the difference between an image in 32-bit and 24-bit. What can I say? Either I was born with imperfect eyes and a large amount of people around me have them, or I deal with a large amount of stupid, ignorant asshats.

The other possibility is that software engineers write their drivers as 32-bit color modules where it is actually mislabeled 24-bit color. I'm not savvy enough to find out, but essentially the debate is worthless since you don't actually pay any more money for it.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I work in graphic arts. 24-bit is surely fine and dandy to use, except most (or any?) cards don't offer it, like you said. Therefore 32-bit is the only way :~)

BTW, I am an asshat! raWr!

talv

PH@T L3WTS

Denee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Woot Shi that link worked great, fixed me right up I think. Atleast the screen resolution looks good now. Thank you so much. Going to try to finish installing our other programs now. Ill let you know ..might need more help Smile

Gryfndor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I think its just that 32 is a natural number for a processor to work with.
Farzy 51 rogue
Nasgul 29 Shadownight

Denee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Guys was it suppose to take an hour to d/l directX9.0 ? If so fine, if not than damn. First EQ CD installed and error found. Connection /shrug

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject:

No, it should not have taken an hour to install DX9.

I would recommend running Windows Update and installing all critical updates (especially after a format).

I've never, ever reinstalled EQ from scratch... so I'm completely unfamiliar with any type of errors you might get from trying to reinstall. My guess is though, that the patcher is probably telling you that you don't have enough files installed for it to update properly. (They won't let you download the entire game, you have to have a certain amount of files installed from the CDs.)

Also, the patcher was changed drastically with the release of Luclin, so it may not work correctly until you at least get that far. Try installing all of your CD's before you give the patcher a try.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: