The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
editing video and sound

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Elyhim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: editing video and sound

So since i have this movie player thing i have been interested in working with the screenshots or video and sound. i had a real hard time finding a program that would allow me to change the sound formats. Does anyone have any ideas about a EASY program or software that allows for sound editing?
i downloaded about 6 free trial programs from the web, they all sucked. They seemed easy but would only allow me to change formats to certain types, and never the types i needed, or they would change the sound to be played extremely fast and i could never find the tool to slow it down. A 10 minute song burned through the mixer in .2 seconds fast.
The windows movie thingy is pretty handy, its easy to use but i have to (for some reason) pull my pics from paint, which i don't like very much.

So what kinds of stuff have you sen out there that you thought was easy?

i guess i will head out to stores this weekend to see what kind of software thats available.
any reccomendations?

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject:

What happened to real hard time finding a program that would allow him or her to change the sound formats? Suppose they do. Check out the file called <a>DON'T READ ME</a>. Ayuh. The best kinds.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Elyhim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject:

lol good point Jenny, i hardly ever read the "read me file"

Your sarcasm is not wasted on me Cool

However i did read most the help files from the programs i have been using, some of the things it suggested worked. Some simply didn't.

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I am glad you find this funny. point you i hardly ever read the read me file Your sarcasm is not wasted on me 8 However i did read most the help files from the programs i have been using some of the things it suggested worked is good, isn't it! Who is wasted on him or her 8 However he or she did read most the help files from the programs he or she have been using some of the things it suggested worked?

Elyhim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Jenny are you bugged?

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for telling me that I am you bugged.

Elyhim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject:

maybe you mean to say: thank you for telling me that i am bugged.

or: thanks for telling me, i am bugged.

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject:

NO problem.

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject:

For most hardcore sound editing, I'd recommened SoundForge. Its now owned by Sony, and its not cheap, but I think you can probably find it pirated somewhere.

As far as movie editing/mixing is concerned, I've found Pinnacle Studio very promising as far as ease-of-use is concerned.

Adobe Premiere is your advanced package, of course. It reads/writes/edits a wide range of formats. Downfalls are: EXTREMELY difficult to use, and will cost you an arm and a leg.

There are others. Sonic Foundry has a video editing package that's simliar to the Windows Movie Maker, but is a little more feature-rich. Its easily piratable as it ships with most DVD writers. (I think its called SonicDVD.)

A warning for video editing: If you want to see a true test of how powerful your system is, video editing will do it for you. Importing a 1-hour movie file into Pinnacle on a 3.0 GHz machine will bring it to its knees. Plan on spending a lot of time sitting in a comfy chair while your PC renders and encodes your files. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: