The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Believe it or Not -- Another New App

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Lorayne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Believe it or Not -- Another New App

Hello Everyone.

I would like to submit my application to become a member of the Walkers Guild.

My primary reason for wanting to join Walkers is the infamous Whizbang Dustyboots whose feats throughout Norrath are legendary (Oh no, I hope I havent destoyed his image, did I say that?)

Seriously, the Main reason I have decided to apply for membership is twofold, reputation and people. And it is the people who create the reputation. Throughout my travels in Norrath, I have crossed paths, somtimes grouped with, and have received help from Walkers members on more than one occasion. Shamefully, I never kept track of their names. Every contact, no exceptions, I have had with any Walkers seemed to turn in to an enjoyable experience. I have found Walkers members to be friendly, courteous, with willingness to help. These are the traits of people with whom I would like to be associated.

Here is an example. A little level 8 Half-Elf Druid was getting her little Druid butt kicked by a pair of young Kodiaks in East Commons, frantically pushing her /yell button. Suddenly, a Level 50 Paladin, appears and dispatches the Kodiaks, saving the Druid from a long CR from Kelethin (this was in the days of boats, no soulbinders, auctioning in EC Tunnel, and CR's at level 1). I thanked him, explaining that I was bound in Kelethin. He then accompanied me to the West Freeport Gate, called a guildmate, who bound me there. I do not remember, the names, but the guild tag was Walkers.

We have been playing now, for almost three years. Most of the time in a small family guild, with some very nice people. The only trouble was, we hardly did any activities together, which made it difficult to retain members. Players would come into the guild, and as they started reaching those mid-50 levels, they would leave. Understandably.

I was more or less content, just schlepping along and remained in the guild, probably out of loyalty, more than anything else. Recently, the guild leader noticed, (as had I), that we actually had enough members at 50+ to actually start doing some worthwhile grouping and even raiding. To make a long story short, half the Guild did not like his ideas, name calling and accusations on both sides, and they went off to create their own guild. This has put me between the proverbial rock and a hard place, as I have friends on both sides.

So, several nights ago I was sitting in the PoK, contemplating what I should do (while LFG). I did a /who, and I see the name Whizbang. So I figure what the heck, I send him a tell asking if Walkers has a website. Well, in his illustrious and infallible way, he said yes, and told me what it was. When I read the charter (several times), I thought "Oh my Gosh, this is exactly what I have been looking for, this fits my style of play perfectly. As I read through the public forums, I noticed a sense of camraderie and respect for all.

I know that to become a member, the entry requirements will be difficult and take time. I understand that this is a policy that is necessary to maintain a high standard of quality and integrity.

Since my decision to enter this application the only Walker I have grouped with is Mithis, in DSP with my newest alt Guineth. (Mithis great job of pulling, I made level 34 before the group broke). I look forward to meeting more of you all, and maybe someday, wearing the Walkers guildtag.

My normal playing times are:
Weekdays 7 PM -10PM Pacific (give or take an hour or so)
Weekends and Holidays 5 PM to Whenever, but open to any prescheduled event

So if anyone needs to fill that last slot in a group, or any help where I may be of assistance, please send me a tell.

Lorayne SnowBlossom, Level 59 Barbarian Beastlord
Shaterra Florafauna, Level 52 Half-Elf Druid
Tawnyia, Level 40 Woodelf Ranger
Maline D'Nuit, Level 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Guineth Goodheart, Level 35 High Elf Paladin
Candikane, Level 31 Gnome Cleric

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I gotta say, you make me wanna app, too!

Sabrar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Guineth,

It was nice meeting you in DSP, and I thought you worked well in the group. Good luck on your application, and perhaps we will be seeing more of each other in the future, or at the very least whenever I log my Alt.

Mithis Greyblade
38 Warrior
Walkers

view my gear

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject:

You poor thing, having to endure a SKs warrior alt. shiver

lol Joking Sab

Nice app Lorayne, and thank you. Hope to see you on raids you can make.

Gollalron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject:

""" As I read through the public forums, I noticed a sense of camraderie and respect for all.""""

You have no Idea what gose on behind the Other Board LOL.

Gollalron (evil grin)

Lorayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Sabrar, Well I always try to my best for the group. Guess I am just a real group type gal. (Hmm, maybe I should re-phrase that).

BonlainyT, I would love to attend a raid, anytime, anywhere. Just let me know.

I am really trying to get Lorayne to Level 60.
Had a mild setback in PoV last night, but thanks to a friendly passing Cleric, and 3 Clicky Rezzes, the damage wasn't too bad.

Laylla Druid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy Hi Lorayne, was nice chatting with ya the other day...
hope to group with you soon..

/wave

~Laylla~

Megamagoi2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject:

In addition to his illustrious leadership in the Walkers, Whizbang does a terrific job as the "roaming gnome," doing TV and radio commercials for Travelocity. <snicker> Laughing

Roladoc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I enjoyed talking with you on Sunday Lorayne, while we both sat LFG in POT. I suggest you creat a key that has the command /who all walkers 57 63, to look fcr people in your lvl range who might want to group. In my opinion groups can never have too many BST DPS dealers. To become a Walker no only do you have to get to know us but we have to get to know you and that is not always easy.

Lorayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Roladoc,

Thanks for the great tip, I never thought of that. Doh!
I will definitely give it try.

Guineth Goodheart
Level 42 Paladin

Kiwean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject:

hey! well Good luck onyour app =) and btw if you ever need a 57 Druid and Pally PST to Kiwean or Lemolien =) we are always LFG... and we want to get to 60 asap too ) soooooo ttys i hope

note to self: REMEMBER it's SoW insteada snare on PC's =) /smirk...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: