The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
LOL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: LOL

Ok so fast background incase you dont already know. Microsoft(insert trademark thingy here) is working on an MMORPG at this point entilted Mythica (which IMHO shows great promise at this point). DAOC is put out by a company named Mythic..... let the hilarity enSue (no pun intended)

"Stop using our name," Says Online Game Industry's Leading Independent Developer and Publisher

FAIRFAX, VA - December 22nd, 2003 - Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of the award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game "Dark Age of Camelot(r)," and many other popular online games, announced that it has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft Corporation for trademark infringement and unfair competition.
"We have worked hard for eight years to earn our reputation for producing high quality online games, including games that compete successfully with those offered by the biggest corporations in the world, such as Microsoft," Mark Jacobs, president and CEO of Mythic Entertainment, said. "The Mythic name and registered trademark are the symbols of that reputation and quality, and they represent the goodwill and recognition we have achieved in the computer game industry and among consumers worldwide."
"We cannot allow Microsoft to usurp our rights, confuse the public, and use the Mythic brand to gain an unfair competitive advantage."
The case, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, in Alexandria, alleges that Microsoft's forthcoming online game, "Mythica," and pre-release publicity for such game, infringes Mythic's name and federally-registered trademark MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT(r), and amounts to unfair competition in violation of federal and state law. The complaint alleges that the term "Mythica" is so similar to Mythic's registered mark and name as to be likely to cause confusion, mistake or deception among consumers. Mythic is seeking a permanent injunction and economic remedies. Mythic Entertainment objected to Microsoft's use of "Mythica" previously, but Microsoft refused to stop using the name.
"We had hoped not to have to resolve this in court, and it is truly unfortunate that Microsoft declined to respect Mythic's rights," Jacobs said. "But our name and mark are among our most valuable assets. We have no choice but to defend them, regardless of the size and power of our adversary. We would expect Microsoft to react no differently if someone launched an operating system called Microsofta just as Microsoft did when confronted with an operating system called Lindows."

Yea.... i think I'll be taking Mr Gates to court for infringing on my first name... 2billoin sould cover it Rolling Eyes

Elnrik Talshiar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Only if your name is a legally copyrighted and registered trademark.

Either way, from now on I'll refer to Microsofta's leader as Billa Gatesa.

Hmmm... nevermind, sounds like something JarJar from Starwars would say, and I really hate that character. May he burn in the pits of Hella.

Mr. Green

(AKA - Brent)

xeroiv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject:

lmao, ima calla mya newa poema Armageddona, Armageddona....i feel like mario'a... Shocked
I went away, I stayed away, for far to long, no coming back now, I guess,
I’ll just fade away…" Daggered Reality, by: me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

brelenie1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Question a

Brelenie

Grundy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject:

Having played DAOC and seeing what Mythic does to a game, I can see them doing something this stupid.

As far as Mythica the game...I have followed it a little while and it looks to have the potential to be a fantastic MMORPG. It is a very original idea and has some great concepts if it ever comes to a finished state. I would recommend everybody take a look in their spare time.

Grundy

tenri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I have bin looking at it also some thing nice about being a almost god in this game has got my thinking Hmm might be fun

can you picture this (Tenri god of all that is in veiw) LMAO now there is a pic best left blank Laughing

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tindirt
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Tenri, god of all...ack. /hides quivering. Plz make the bad thought go away. Wink

tenri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LMAO

nothing like freinds to help you out thanks tindirt how is it now that SOE has removed all the litter boxes from game Very Happy

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: