The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Don't die with only a mod rod on your corpse
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jullious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Don't die with only a mod rod on your corpse

At least not in a LDoN raid. Seems they modified the game code to treat corpses with only a mod rod on them as empty corpse and poof them.

I don't know how long the timer on "empty" corpses is, but I can tell you that it last for at least 10 min or so. I was able to consent the draggers last night on two of my 3 corpses (one had already poofed it seems).

And by the time the rezes started I only had one corpse left. Bye bye two deaths worth of exp.

I didn't know "empty" corpses poofed. I thought you had hours to get a rez. I guess they made a change to 'fix the wagon' of guys like Mogz and the people who obstruct the PoK stones.

I don't know if truly empty corpses poof, or only those that hold a mod rod. I spoke with a guide later that evening and he is the one who filled me in on things. Here are some basic paraphrases from our conversation:

"The game code was recently changed so that corpses with only a mod rod on them are treated as empty."

"Other corpses with only a mod rod on the corpse have also poofed."

"I'll escalate your petition to a GM."

So you see there is still hope.

FYI, the server appeared to be down for a patch this morning. Or I should say I was unable to contact the World Server. The bazaar was mostly empty and the vendors all had only their basic stock. I am hoping they made a patch to undo their clever little wagon fixing so this all may be a moot point for the rest of you. But I still wanted to warn you, just in cast it isn't.

EDIT: Oh yea sure. NOW castersrealm has a notice about the patch. Not while the patch was happening of course, because I looked. But at least I now can say that it was being patched.

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject:

Hmm, thats odd because I came back in and died a 2nd time during the initial break, so that 2nd corpse was for sure empty, yet it was there for at least 30 min or more. I also looted my first corpse of all but the mod rod and it lasted another 20 to 30 min as well. LDoN raids are just screwed overall I think.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Word I hear is that servers are down globally to fix the banker plat duping trick in Befallen.

talv

PH@T L3WTS

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Would like to have known about any duplicating of plat. I could make my few hundred plat into a few more hundred Very Happy

I hope their patch fixes the wizard swords. I don't know aobut anyone else but that little pet can do great damage over a long fight. I have even kited Bulthars in CS with only snare, debuff stick, and wizard sword. It was experimenting - btw - Don't get 2-3 on your butt because the extras will try to kill the sword Sad

Hope you get back the exp. Maybe we could get the summoners to drop food, water, summon bandaids, 1 copper (thats what I grab when I bind near a bank) so that the corpse is not empty.

Vyria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I always try to keep a few different kinds of bait on me for when I die and if I need to leave multiple corpses. Left a corpse the other day with a mod rod and bookworms on it. Glad I didn't take the bookworms, thanks for the heads up.

BlackCastle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I would have to ask in general "Why a mod rod?" The corpse I left with one fist of ixblat on it (summoned item as well) did not poof.

BC

Alermik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Huh, wasn't even aware that Befallen had a banker. Unless that's some Talv joke that went over my head Embarassed But yeah, there was a patch scheduled for this morning, so that would be why bazaar is empty (dunno what's in the patch, the melee changes aren't rolling out till around the 15th, I believe).

As for the corpses poofing, I thought corpses under level 10 were the only ones that poofed in 10 minutes... thought you had 3 hours to get them at higher levels. Sounds like a bug to me. I'll see if I can find the old patch message where they changed this.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject:

the Befallen bank cheat was that a banker that WASN"T supposed to be there was appearing in game. He wasn't tied to the global bank system. If you put gold coins into Plat spot, they transferred at a 1:1 ratio. If you took plat back to gold, it converted at usual 1/10 of coins. Then take the new gold total back to Plat at 1:1.

So, if you have 10 gold, and put into plat slot, you now have 10 plat. Then, take that 10plat back to gold slot for 100 gold. Then, take that 100 gold to plat slot for 100plat. You could acquire massive amounts of money in a short time.

According to several websites, the banker exploit might be an inside job at SONY. Someone working with a trader in game to sell plat to sites like Playerauctions, etc. The insider theory is popular because this new banker guy appears in a zone that is hardly ever used, and he isn't up all the time.

talv

PH@T L3WTS

Alermik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Wow. That's... insane. Thanks for the explanation!

Found the patch for corpse decay, too:
PATCH MESSAGE, OCTOBER 16, 2002:
*Player Character corpses with no items will decay in 3 real life hours, not 7 days.

BlackCastle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject:

This doesnt surprise me at all, kinda like the story about the fish in some zone dropping millions of per kill. Nothing new about exploiting systems at other peoples expense. I just hope they make it public when the offenders are caught.

BC

veng2001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject:

yea, thats good to know, but too bad we always find out about these exploits after it has been nerfed. It would be nice to exploit for once instead of getting screwed like usually happens ;-(

Veng

Jullious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I'd have been happy if my 'not so empty' corpse had lasted 3 hours.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Couldnt they just look at their logs of who was in the zones and see how much plat they had when they zoned out of the zone?

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Shocked Mad
hmmmm interesting. hope if its an employee that they catch them Evil or Very Mad

Sorry about the xp loss Jullious, hopefull the GM will decide to grant you back the xp that seems kind of bogus to me why one summond item and not all. I guess they are trying to stop the people who suicide to keep those items after they log but they need to at least make it 30 min or an hour for rezes at the least
GL with it

Dornex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject:

Very sorry to hear about your loss of XP Jules =(, If ya wanna group to get some back im game.

thanks much for the heads up on teh "Empty corpse" thing.

Dornex LifeSmith

Dyrty Rotten

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: