The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hibernating Paladin crawls out from under a RoK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jakhamma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Hibernating Paladin crawls out from under a RoK

Hello all,

My name is Jakhamma DaSlamma; Dwarven Paladin of 61 seasons and I am looking to join Walkers. I have been away from EQ since just after RoK came to an end, with the exception of a few cameo appearances over the summer. I am pretty much a seasonal player, hitting it pretty hard during the winter months and laying off when the sun starts to come out. (I live in New Hampshire and we don’t get sun too often, so I have to enjoy it when I can Laughing ).

I don’t have my epic, I am not a grandmaster in any skill (unless you count alcohol tolerance), I am not flagged for anything, and I only have 3 AA points (RS3). With the limited time I had to play (most evenings 7 to 10pm EST and usually one day on the weekend), I spent most of it attending guild events or LFG. Towards the end of my RoK career, I began being separated from my friends and the guild by the flagging process. Most were over 60 and didn’t recommend I try getting flagged until I was at least 60. So, I began to stay away from the nightly guild hits so I could level up. However, LFG became my worst enemy. Many flagged guild members offered to drop what they were doing to come help those of us that were not 60, to xp. I appreciated their kindness but didn’t want to take them from their evening of entertainment. Eventually, with my lack of patience for LFG, I retired Jak for the summer.

I then tried to get my wife involved and set her up with an account. She thinks we are all nuts and now I have 2 accounts, hers having a 36 wizard and 9 warrior on it. My account has a 61 pally, 37 enchanter, 35 beastlord, 26 bard, 25 mage, 24 druid. I take enjoyment out of playing any of them and will play whatever character(s) is(are) required by the guild that evening.

I am on no mission to make 65 or get my epic, or get the most uberous gear (although I will put my name in the hat if something happens to drop that I can use and is an upgrade for me Wink ). I play for the enjoyment and if 65 or my epic comes, then great. If not, then that’s ok too. I have enough goals in my daytime job, that I don’t need any at night. If I am on, you can count on me to attend whatever the guild has going on, (xping, raiding, questing, etc.) or just helping out someone in need.

Biography: I am 42 years young. I am an industrial systems integrator. I design, build, and program industrial automation systems using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. I am going back to college full time in the evenings to get a bachelor’s degree in software development. I was raised in Michigan, then I joined the Navy in the nuclear power program as a ship’s electrician from 1982-1988. I then lived 10 years in Wyoming, first working at a sugar factory as an industrial electrician, (where I met my wife); and at a Pepsi plant as a PLC programmer/industrial electrician. We moved here about 4 years ago where I design systems for many different companies.

Please consider my application to Walkers and hopefully I can find 13 people who remember me Laughing . Thanks for your time.

Burab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject:

Clearly we need more Dorfs to eat. Us Trulls are getting hungry the Gnome population just isnt cutting it anymore.

Hope to see you in game, send me a tell for some fun.

stoneclaww

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Jak !!!! WB sir. GREAT to see you again.

Quote:
never come to a battle of wits with no ammunition

Aelorean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject:

You lived in Wyoming .... that constitutes a pity vote at least ...HAHAHA! Just kidding Laughing

Thorvari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Jak,

Good to see ya around. With LDoN, I am sure there will be grouping opportunities that do not need flags. Send me a /tell anytime you want to hook up. I know the AA xp is pretty good in LDoN, so you should be able to get decent regular xp.

Your 20s-30s alts will go well with the lowbie alt crew we have in the guild right now.

Pzorpa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see ya back behind the keyboard doin more than lookin at girly pics Twisted Evil Throw me a tell sometime for some xp or somethin..

soto01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject:

Yay, nice to hear from ya again man! I look forward to seeing more of you soon bud.
Tibb

Jaffod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject:

Good to see you back Jak, been a while

Jakhamma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Thanks for the welcome, hope to see you soon!

Thanks for the kind words! Wyoming isn't so bad if you live in the mountain part of it, just a little industrially challenged is all. Not much worky Sad !

It seems the red sox keep winning and I am beginning to think I may have posted my application a wee bit too early. Hopefully it will be sox/cubs in the world series. Will have to bet Stone & Doc a New England Clambake for a box of Brats on that one if it happens Laughing .

Hope to see you all soon!

Mustuv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject:

Welcome back to the game Jak Smile I look forward to getting to group with

and get to know you. Just one question, In your Navy days did you

by chance cross the Equator Twisted Evil

Mustuv

Jakhamma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject:

LoL . . . yes I did, 3 times. I made 3 major deployments of 6 months or longer, all on the USS Enterprise. I am a Shellback, if that is what your asking.

Daneloire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Sugar factory coulda been Lovell or Worland.. Pepsi factory coulda been Powell or Worland. Where in Wyoming?! :)

-Dane

Jakhamma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject:

Ack, somebody who knows small Wyoming towns! The common denominator, lived in Worland for about 10 years. Worked at Holly Sugar for 5 and the Pepsi plant for 5.

Roladoc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Jak my friend, I am very happy to see you back. I have missed you. Walkers is our type of place. Good people who care about one another. People who have goals, but who don't let those goals get out of control and over ride enjoying the game. Woot is the word!

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I think I would take Wyoming over New Hampshire...

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: