The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Who the hell is Swetch?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Swetch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Who the hell is Swetch?

I've been asked to throw together a summary for those that don't know me, so uh, here goes.

I started playing during beta as a bard named Switch(part of an anagram of my real name). A bit after retail came out I picked up the game and again rolled up a bard on Xegony(the same server on which I played during beta), discovered the name filters didn't like Switch anymore and went with Swetch instead.

Played for a year, took some time off, played for a year, took some time off.

Joined a reasonable guild that eventually wound up being swallowed by a somewhat higher level guild, which in turn eventually merged with what was the strongest non-point-system family style guild on the server. I'd been grandfathered into the guild, and I was way out of my league. At somewhere in the 40s I was the lowest level main in the guild, and well under the minimum recruiting level. But hell, the people were great and I was learning a lot. Spent the next several months learning more about raiding and a bard's role in a guild than I'd learned in the previous three years.

Unfortunately, being a casual player, I really didnt have time to both raid frequently and grind exp, so I continued to be on the low end of the guild levelwise. The guild kept moving on to bigger and better things, I was lagging, and real life was taking it's toll. Along with my roommate who was finding himself weary of being cleric_32, I was burning out. So we took a break.

Several friends of ours were also EQ players, but we'd all been playing on different servers. After a bit of discussion, we decided to consolidate and settle here on Vazaelle. At first I was hesitant to transfer, having accumulated several years worth of goods, planer gear and the majority of my epic, and created a new bard here instead. But after joining the guild our friends were in, getting to know the server and realizing I'd probably never be back on Xegony anyway, I went ahead and unloaded as much of my gear as I could, made a deal with a platinum broker(at a huge loss, but hell, better than nothing), and transferred Swetch.

Fast forward a few months. The guild I'd joined through my friends was faltering and we began looking at the local landscape. Heard good things about Walkers, bounced the idea around with a few others(including several who are now Walkers or apps) and finally applied. Been running around with you fine folks since.

And now, for your enjoyment, a giant catfish.

tenri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I like the catfish thing but hate catfish for eating LOL
Confused

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Fayee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: big fish

bah, thats nothing. You should see the carp off Navy pier in chicago. 2x that big!

on a more serious note: Holy God thats a big fish!

Roladoc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the additional Info Swetch.

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject:

OMG Deep fried catfish is the best thing you could ask for. Throw in some hush puppies and corn on the cob (and of course a beer or 2) and that is some nice eats.

tenri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good Bonlainy but i will take camp fire fried perch and some cold beer insted
Never have had a good catfish but then again i live in the chicago area this may be part of the problume LOL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Great Lakes catfish = carp. Eww

tenri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject:

What you don’t like mercury in your fish LOL I little heavy metal in the fish never hurt any one

tenri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Swetch is a fresh level 58 bard by the way

tenri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I keep missing you in game swetch
I hope every thing is going good for you and look forward to doing a LDoN group again where you yell at me and then go Oops never mind LMAO that was too funny Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: