The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
[Patch Message] November 5, 2003
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Herbert Dypp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: [Patch Message] November 5, 2003

November 05, 2003 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Quests, Adventures and Encounters **

- We have added one more new LDoN raid to Stormhammer. This raid was created with Elemental capable characters in mind.

- Changed the minimum required number of group members to request an adventure from 4 to 3.

- We have increased the consolation prize on level 65 hard adventures from 19 to 26 to match the increase in reward points for success (raised from 76 to 105 with the last update).

- Verrell Cogswin can help convert red dragon scales into green dragon scales.

- Fixed the Undead and Fire event in the Plane of Time. There was a bug that could cause some of the minions to fail to spawn.

- Raotin Teawel will always give out the correct robe for completion of his quest.

- Thought Destroyer has returned to the Plane of Hate.

- Check with the Town Crier of your home town for news. There is information about the recent activities of the Wayfarers that should prove interesting.

- We have made some improvements to the Plane of Air avatar rings. We have added a random interval to the respawn time of the Plane of Air avatar rings, placed apparitions at the avatar spawns so that it is possible to tell when the event is available, and the Avatar of Smoke will now respawn properly.

- The Mujaki event in Plane of Nightmares was completely rewritten.  It should now be a lot more intelligent about where it sends players.

- Increased the number of items found at the end of a successful LDoN raid.

** Skills and Alternate Advancement **

- Channeling Focus was not giving bards the proper reduction to the chance of missing a note.  It is now fixed and gives messages to indicate when it is has helped.

- Corrected a problem that was causing Alternate Advancement buff duration increase abilities and duration focus effects to negatively affect lull spells.

- We have fixed a bug that could cause pick pocketed items to not show up on your cursor until you zone. This could also sometimes cause the client to crash.

- Added /stoptracking command so that you no longer have to re-open the track window and hit cancel if you want to cancel your tracking quickly.

- Activated AAs from Planes of Power were not working if the user did not have Shadows of Luclin registered. This has been fixed.

** Spells and Pets **

- The Aura of Pain Recourse can no longer be removed by Radiant Cure.

- When the character changes size (through illusion), other players will no longer see the mounted player separate from their horse.

- Magician Pets will no longer attack the caster who summoned them.

- Hitting your own pet while in a PVP area or while you have the PK flag on will no longer kill it.

- Cataclysm of Ro has had its movement rate bonus removed to fix a stacking issue with the Selo's line of movement rate songs.

- Cassindra's Chant of Clarity and Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity now lasts 3 ticks instead of being instant.

- Cloak of Luclin, Cloak of the Akheva and Frostreaver's Blessing will no longer be overwritten by Call of the Rathe.

- There are still some issues with Frostreaver's blessing being overwritten by some spells.  We are aware of the issue and hope to get it resolved soon.

- Protection of the Cabbage, Protection of the Glades and Protection of the Nine will block Temperance, Aegolism and Virtue.

- Ice Flame of E`ci now has the standard 2.5 second recast time.

-Reclaim energy should now function properly on the pet summoned by Child of Bertoxxulous.

-Beastlord warders focused by Summoner's boon should now look as they should.

** Interface **

- We have added the consider color to the Target window. The art used to display the consider color can be removed or edited via XML by custom skins.

- We have also added a 3D target indicator.  The ring color indicates the con color of the target.  This can be turned off in the Options window. A new settings file in the UI folder can be edited by players to customize the appearance of the indicator, including different animated textures for each con color and other interesting settings.

- Added /fontface command (usage /fontface <fontname>, e.g. /fontface Courier). This will change, on the fly, the fonts used by the interface (and over character's heads). Fonts can also be selected in the General Options page.

- Added /tell windows. Each time you get a "tell" from a new character, a new chat window would open. That window will only display "tells" from the particular character, and any message sent from the chat window would automatically be sent as a "tell" to that character. You can turn this option on and off in the Options window. If you have the maximum number of chat windows open when a new tell is received, the tell will go to the main chat window

- Temporary pets will no longer send their buffs to the pet window. Generally they have none, and they would replace the buffs of any standard pet.

- The buff display portion of the pet window will now fade.

- The Auto-inventory area of the Inventory window now fades with the parent window.

- The Dump button in raid window now creates the proper, non-blank, file.

- We have also added time-stamp to Raid Dump output file.

- Pop-up dialogs no longer close when you press ESC. This will prevent the rez dialog from being closed accidentally.

- Lay on Hands will no longer "gray out" the Inspect and Open hot keys in the Hotbutton window. This was fixed earlier in the Actions window, but now it is fixed in the Hotbutton window as well.

- Alt-tabbing in and out of EQ should no longer cause mouse issues.

- Fixed a bug that sometimes left charmed pets health bar in the group window after the owner of that pet is killed.

- Find trader can now be cancelled in bazaar.

** Items **

- The Copper Medal of Rapture now gives a bonus to Int. instead of Wis.

** For the New Player **

- Left-clicking on an NPC prints out a message indicating what type of NPC they are and indicating that you should right-click on them. This message can be turned off in the Options window.

- New characters will now start with a bag.

- Added a tip window that pops up when you invoke the Quantity window that explains the use of Shift and Control when selecting items.

- All characters will gain a Sense Heading skill of 200, if it was below 200. All new characters will start with a Sense Heading of 200.

** Miscellaneous **

- Explore mode works properly again.

** UI Files **

* Changed *

EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_TargetWindow.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml

* New *

Targetindicator.ini
TargetBox.tga
TargetIndicator.tga

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
- Check with the Town Crier of your home town for news. There is information about the recent activities of the Wayfarers that should prove interesting.

Hmm, this could be interesting...

Quote:
- We have made some improvements to the Plane of Air avatar rings. We have added a random interval to the respawn time of the Plane of Air avatar rings, placed apparitions at the avatar spawns so that it is possible to tell when the event is available, and the Avatar of Smoke will now respawn properly.

Good thing they fixed Smoke spawn (now they only have to fix all the 1 group minis that don't spawn in PoE!). Not sure how I feel about the rest... probably a good thing though.

Quote:
- Protection of the Cabbage, Protection of the Glades and Protection of the Nine will block Temperance, Aegolism and Virtue.

I have seen the future and it involves lots of Clerics and Druids yelling at each other similiar to Rangers/Paladains.

Quote:
- Added /fontface command (usage /fontface <fontname>, e.g. /fontface Courier). This will change, on the fly, the fonts used by the interface (and over character's heads). Fonts can also be selected in the General Options page

Nice...but why? Oh well, Arial here I come!

Quote:
- New characters will now start with a bag.

Booo! Best part of starting a charatcer in Qeynos was telling the Tax Collector you would help him out just to steal his box!

Quote:
- All characters will gain a Sense Heading skill of 200, if it was below 200. All new characters will start with a Sense Heading of 200.

Boooooooo!!!!!

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Alermik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject:

TheNerple wrote:
I have seen the future and it involves lots of Clerics and Druids yelling at each other similiar to Rangers/Paladains.

/shrug, I don't yell at the rangers, I just yell at the people who ask for BSS when they've got a buff up that blocks it (err, not you, Caniel, you had an excuse). Oh, and I try and ninja-BSS Kamman a lot. Wink

Wrahn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
- Cassindra's Chant of Clarity and Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity now lasts 3 ticks instead of being instant.

No more mana pumping from bards...

(This is a good thing for young bards and a bad thing for older ones, previous to this, instant manasong stacked with our more powerful songs, it allowed for obscene mana generation something like 121 mana in 18 seconds.)

Kamman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject:

Alermik wrote:
Oh, and I try and ninja-BSS Kamman a lot. Wink

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Aelorean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Protection of the Cabbage, Protection of the Glades and Protection of the Nine will block Temperance, Aegolism and Virtue.

Actually, this is VERY good news. Pot9 won't overwrite Virtue, and Virtue won't overwrite Pot9 ...it's the way it should have been: you want a new buff, you have to click off the old one Smile

Oh, and I was just thinking today that a lot of people don't want the the Pot9+Kazad combination because it's less AC (but more hps) than virtue. I just thought I'd let you know that if you can afford the buff slot, Enchanters have Umbra which will give you the AC back. Just a FYI...

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject:

I have been trying to turn Murobo and Kamman into luggae for a while now, but Mur is in hiding, and Kamman is always running away. Sad

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Aelorean wrote:
Oh, and I was just thinking today that a lot of people don't want the the Pot9+Kazad combination because it's less AC (but more hps) than virtue.

/boggle Why people would take AC over HP is beyond me.

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject:

btw Ael, the enchanter AC buff? Are you smoking? If you really DO want that AC buff, get it from a cleric.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kamman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject:

TheNerple wrote:
... and Kamman is always running away. Sad

Pfft, I don't run away!

Aelorean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

btw Ael, the enchanter AC buff? Are you smoking? If you really DO want that AC buff, get it from a cleric.

Yea, well, my knowledge of obscure cleric buffs is very limited. They should just put some AC on the symbol buff and we wouldn't have this issue anyway.

Neffretiri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Casters like the BOT9/Kazad combo because 1. Helps mana regen faster and 2. The AC buff shouldn't matter to casters cause if the thick headed tank is holding his aggro we shouldn't be getting hit Smile

(No offense to any of you thick headed tankage type peoples out there hehe)

Jullious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Well then heck, why bother with any buffs then? But it is nice to know it's not my fault I have been getting agro.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Excellent patch. I hope froglok newbie quest items get augment slots finally (all other races have them). Also hoping that Mujaki now drops a gnome/wizard version of his cloak. :p

Graffe's is reporting that the zoneline in the JP river now leads to a new lowbie-midbie zone.

TheNerple

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Whizbang Dustyboots wrote:
Graffe's is reporting that the zoneline in the JP river now leads to a new lowbie-midbie zone.

/sniff My home area is expanding. This is makes me both happy and sad.

Some more info on the new zone: http://forums.interealms.com/ranger/showthread.php?threadid=30556

Sounds like a low-mid level Ranger/Druid dream to compliment JPF for higher levels.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: