The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Maybe next year

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

RudeeD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Maybe next year

Oh well, the corporate evil empire yet again made it to the world series. I guess I'll have to root for the Florida Marlins. How sad........

TheNerple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject:

If you listened carefully you could hear the Fox executives crying in the background.

At least the Sox gave us 2 exciting series to watch.

This World Series isn't even worth watching. You have Steinbrenner's bought team versus a team going for the second time and they are only ten years old. Screw the World Series, I'll be watching, College and Pro Hockey and College and Pro Football.

Offseason should be interesting, the Sox have most of the team under contract for one more year, but the Yankees are going to have to sign alot of their players.

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Addonnicus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject:

Both league series were very entertaining, but neither team I was hoping for made it to the Series, so I will be half-interested at best...

I truly belive that the reason baseball is losing popularity is the lack of a salary cap. As long as George Steinbrenner can pay numerous players whatever he wants, there will never be parody in baseball.

Football has taken over as "Americas Sport" and almost any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday - that makes it fun to watch, imho...

Add

Kanwer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject:

This World Series will be worthless to watch. I'm glad the best sport has started, HOCKEY!!!

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jakhamma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Yes, is was sad to see. Sox were oh so close. I wonder if Grady's decision to have Pedro pitch in the 8th was a career changer. He doesn't have a contract for next year yet.

Wamz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think its funny how they blame a guy trying to catch a ball going foul, for the mess up of the cubs not winning the series... when they lost 3 games back to back? all they had to do was win one damn game.

Bah to the Yank's should of been Red sox... but there coach is better at being stupid 250.

GO MARLINS Confused

warlax007

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Me liveing in pittsburgh and haveing the crappiest team in baseball for that last 10 years has really made me hate baseball. I really wish the Pirates would just get the fuck out of Pittsburgh. They got there new stadium and cost us tax payers alot of money and they still suck. There is no way pitsburgh will ever have a winning team. The don't have the money to buy the players they need. They lose money every year and cost us tax payers money every year. Because of that new stadium, pittsburgh raised sale tax 1% to pay for it.

When it comes to baseball I could careless. Now football is were it at! I also like hockey.

Warlax

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: