The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Upcoming Changes...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kanwer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Upcoming Changes...

reposted from EQLive Upcoming Updates:

Here are some things we're working on for the November update: (Please note: my producer is making me tell you that in addition to this list, we'll still be bug fixing and maintaining the live game and that, while we hope to get each of these features in, nothing is certain. But this is what we're working on at the present time.)

New LDoN raids will go Live - We be moving the two new raids that were introduced on Stormhammer to the Live servers. These raids will prove an interesting challenge for the best of guilds.

Another new LDoN raid - We will also be bringing one more new LDoN raid to Stormhammer with our next update. This raid will be created with Elemental capable characters in mind.

Font changes - Since EverQuest was launched, there has only been one font available. With the next update we plan to introduce the option for players to choose the font for their interface.

Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

Consider - Along the same lines as the proposed improvement to targeting, we want to add a way to distinguish the /con color of your target. We plan an indicator that will be easily distinguished once you have a target (probably someplace in the Target window), that should remove the need to use the /con command.

Other interface changes - We are also working on some other changes that will help you to organize your information. We plan to add a new text color option for damage shield reports that will allow you to pick what color those messages use. We also want to split the "My Pet Attacks" filter into two separate filters, one for hits and one for misses.

/tell windows - It is very easy to lose /tells in the confusion of combat. We want to add an option that would work much like an instant messenger. Each time you get a "tell" from a new character, a new chat window would open. That window will only display "tells" from the particular character, and any message sent from the chat window would automatically be sent as a "tell" to that character. Obviously this would be an optional feature.

Help for new players - New characters will start with a bag. This will give them a little more storage space and the opportunity to learn how storage containers work earlier rather than later. We are also working on removing one of the more tedious "features" of the game, the need to practice Sense Heading. Most folks have that skill mapped to trigger along with one of their movement keys. Not an exciting skill to practice. So we plan to have all characters start with a 200 skill in Sense Heading. This will allow new players to navigate more easily, and will reduce a bit of tedium over the course of gameplay.

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject:

The Sense Heading change is giving me a headache. It'd be fine if they hadn't just added compass, the maps and now Find, but seriously, where does it end, guys?

Jorlana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for the tell windows! *drool* Ya, I'm not sure what that Sense Heading thing is all about, why not just remove the skill altogether if they are going to do that? Personally I don't mind having it go up as you go up levels, seems a little more realistic (wait, did I just say that about a game? hehe)

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. -Rudyard Kipling

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Aelorean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject:

If they're going to keep stealing ideas from their buddies over at SWG, they need to integrate the /tip command.

Miuu Miuu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Aye. If they make everyone have a Sense Heading of 200, what's the point? Just remove the skill all together and make the compass work from the start. /sigh. What's next "In order to relieve some of the hassles of the lower levels, all players will start at level 65 with full Plane of Time gear and everyone will be placed on Beta Neutral faction so you can roam around freely and not get attacked....." Laughing

Sorgaine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject:

OMG, I am going to LOOOOOOVE the IM windows. I get sooo distracted all the time, and we all know Sorg can't Multitask =P Can't wait for that upgrade.

My Magelo Profile

Rocsalt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject:

Not many of these "improvements" interest me.

I like my Tells window just the way it is Smile

No Peeking
65 Monk

Cirrobin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject:

IM windows? hmmm I am thinking too many cyber mistells Razz

Seriously though, the sense heading mod is disturbing. Skilling up and getting to 39 so I could max out SH added a bit of depth to the char. Yes it is boring to skill up but short of playing Gems, it was great to practice while medding/healing after a fight.

And why they are at it, a newbie should be allowed to do AA from lvl 1. Using their logic of the bag, (figure out how to use containers) figuring out how to do AA should be learned earlier than later as AA can be more confusing than a bag. /sarcasm off

The 'current target' identification change is baffeling. What about a huge blinkling name over the mobs head is confussing ?

Ratbart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
So we plan to have all characters start with a 200 skill in Sense Heading

OK, I want a refund for every character that I've mashed a button for that over and over and over and over and over. Come on, it's not that hard to get it maxed. Next thing we know they will give all newbies a mommy to follow them around to wipe their noses and keep their hair straight.

The IM pop up might be nice. I'm not sure if I want something pooping up in the middle of my screen and getting in the way when I've got something chasing me that would snuff me quick if it caught me. (agro kite)

Con colors in the target window is a good idea. Far from game changing though.

There are a lot more important things that they could be working on. Just the other day a broken door hit me in the head...

Ratbart 66 Necro (Retired)
Yarclic 57 Cleric (Retired)
Yalton 52 Rogue (Retired)

ilyrana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Miuu Miuu wrote:
Aye. If they make everyone have a Sense Heading of 200, what's the point? Just remove the skill all together and make the compass work from the start. /sigh. What's next "In order to relieve some of the hassles of the lower levels, all players will start at level 65 with full Plane of Time gear and everyone will be placed on Beta Neutral faction so you can roam around freely and not get attacked....." Laughing
The Code is probable to inigrated to change so they went the easy road and just gave everyone the skill I am wondering if they are going to increase the sence heading of the ones who have alread mad toon that arent maxed.

Bashdur K

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Targetting: Yes, a big ring around the target will be much easier to see than the flashing billboard we have now.

Consider: Yes, it would really enhance my gameplay experience by never having to hit the "C" key. That is certainly one of the more difficult skills to master.

/Tell Windows: It's embarrassing is when XXXCollegeGirlXXX pops up in an AIM window when you're reviewing something with your boss. Now in the middle of a raid on TT I'm going to be getting "hello, can you rez me and hepl me find my corpse in butcherblcok, and will you give me any of your stuff".

Container: I'm so glad they are teaching newbs about containers earlier. I know it took me until level 53 to get the nerve to ask someone what they were for.

Sense Heading: Map, Compass, "Find" -- what exactly is the point of Sense Heading at this point? For the folks who know me, you think I'm lost now? You should have seen how lost I could get in my younger days when I constaly got "You have no idea the direction you are facing".

Next thing you know they'll be placing teleporters all over Norrath so you don't have to run blindly for an hour, or take a boat, or buy a port to get from place to place.

I must be getting old. You know son, when I was a young dwarf....

Swetch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I agree about removing Sense Heading and just having the compass work from the start, but it was probably a programming decision, easier to give everyone a 200 in the skill than it would be to omit it altogether.

What'd be nice is if they'd implement a single tabbed /tell window, rather than individual windows for each tell, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote:
Targeting - Sometimes it can be difficult to tell which NPC you have targeted. With the next update we hope to add a targeting indicator of some sort (something like the ring that surrounds your target in EQOA). The exact form hasn't been decided, but the goal is to make seeing what you currently have targeted much easier.

This is the one I'm most looking forward to. Should be all kinds of helpful for pulling, crowd control, etc.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: