The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New mouse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kanwer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: New mouse

I'm discovering I need a new mouse. The one I have doesn't want to cooperate with me when I'm in Illustrator. It's hard to draw smooth lines. We use optical mice at school, but I've heard that they're not very good for EQ. Anyone have any recommendations on what to get?
Thanks!

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jorlana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I've got the logitech cordless optical mouse and it works great for everything. It's a little pricey for a mouse but it's pretty durable, I've had mine for about 6 months and still going strong. If you don't like having to recharge/replace batteries they have a corded version that is about the same.

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. -Rudyard Kipling

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Pick up either a Logitech or a Microsoft one - those are my personal favorities. Doesn't really matter. Chances are it will feel different to you but you will get used to it. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kanwer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm definitely going to go with Logitech. I've always liked their products. Does anyone have any known issues with optical ones or cordless?

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jorlana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject:

The one thing I've noticed is that on the EULA EQ log on screen the mouse poitner goes a little wonky, but if you click once it sorts itself out and then you can click on I Agree as normal

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. -Rudyard Kipling

Elnrik Talshiar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject:

I'm playing with a Microsoft optical mouse. It's plugged into my USB port rather than the PS2 port. I've never had a problem with it. It has performed very well.

(AKA - Brent)

Addonnicus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I have used a Logitek optical mouse for nearly a year and I have no problems in EQ.

I thought I was the only one who had the little glitch with the EULA screen, so I am hapopy to know it is not just me! Laughing

Add

Ratbart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I use a Logitech optical mouse with EQ and I love it. It does have a slightly different "feel" than a ball mouse but that takes all of a day to get use to. On my Windows XP machine I also get the oddity of having to click the mouse once before being able to move it. That's not nearly as strange as having my shift/control/alt keys kind of stuck after I get out of EQ on that same computer.

Ratbart 66 Necro (Retired)
Yarclic 57 Cleric (Retired)
Yalton 52 Rogue (Retired)

Cirrobin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I am using the microsoft optical on my main system. I have had no issues in the 8 months I have been using it.

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Been using the Logitech Marble Trackball for several years now and love it, but I know it takes some getting used to.

Kanwer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Bought a Logitech MX700. It's a cordless, rechargeable mouse and it ROCKS! Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: optical

Lemme tell ya, there's nothing worse than dying or letting someone else die because your trackball got dirty... Optical mice are a must for any gamer and my experience is that they work flawlessly with EQ.

I have to concur brand loyalty to Logitech and Microsoft. I once bought a cheaper optical mouse and within a few months, the buttons were getting funky and not clicking well. Logitech and Microsoft make the best, most durable, reliable mice... period. Buy one and you'll have it years from now.

Might also think about getting a bouse with extra buttons on it, the programmable kind. It's pretty sweet when you can click a side button to perform an /assist or activate that favorite hotbutton.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: