The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
FYI - Potential BoT Key Change

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Shijef

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: FYI - Potential BoT Key Change

According to a poster on the beastlord boards, BoT tower keys are now self-only, not group.

Here's the link:

http://www.eqbeastlord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7894

Be safe,

Shijef

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Which if "working as intended" is just total BS.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject:

Actually heard of another change to BOT on the Rangers boards. Apparently, the TO HIT raidus of the giants has increased, so pullers are getting wacked. They are also able to hit around corners.

Just an FYI that pullers might need heals on incoming now, that they didn't need before.

tal

PH@T L3WTS

TheNerple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject:

The giants have always had a greater reach around the corners.

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Talvarien

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, been pulling it for several months. However, the reach is even greater now, and not just around corners.

tal

PH@T L3WTS

Katarin Andolini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Increased mob melee range since last patch isn't just in BoT. Sad Bards have been noticing it too.

http://pub147.ezboard.com/ftheconcerthallbackstage.showMessageRange?topicID=17863.topic&start=1&stop=20

Grymtongue Vazaelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Increased Burst Melee Range

Hey guys,

I am seeing a lot of commotion on the Bard boards about the increased melee range. It appears, from reports, that occasionally mobs can and will now be able to hit people outside of their melee range. This was introduced with the last set of patches.

Bards theorize that it may have something to do with Sony messing with the latency between the client and the servers and affecting the mob's melee range. The end result for monks, bards, and other pullers is more hits on incoming and a bit more hassle in kiting. Now I will not get in to a battle over kiting but evidently this is impacting more than just that.

Some evidence suggests that it is when a mob encounters a hard object when their pathing is interrupted that the possibility of a burst melee can occur. Suffice it to say that some tests have been done on a rooted mob hitting people outside of their normal and accepted melee range. So be advised.

(Certain zones have pathing exploits that basically allow a mob to continuously hit a wall while trying to path to an individual. This results in a ping pong effect that prevents the mob from warping while never coming closer to the exploiter. The adjustment to the melee range could have been done to combat this.)

On a personal note. When up in Fear the day of the patch I was collecting a group of mobs for a CR kite and while I was outside of the melee range of the pack of scarelings and other assorted goodies I was hit ... repeatedly ... during the kite resulting in me being shadow-stepped in to the pack and subsequently dying. I had attributed this to my own carelessness and lag but after seeing others post and having seen a few hits on inc last night in Charasis I am forced to concur with the burst melee ability of the mobs.

I imagine this being talked about more in the near future. Whether Sony deigns to address it is currently unknown.

Wolvyrine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Self only key is bug

The self only function of the key is supposedly a bug. I was privy to a conversation with a GM about this issue, and so sayeth the GM-Admin.

Baron Wolvyrine Beasthunter
61st Era Heirophant

Jullious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject:

And the patch message I just got logging in said it has been fixed. Back to group.

Herbert Dypp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject:

Giants? Reacharound?

/shudder Wink

Grymtongue Vazaelle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: More melee range fun

Hey guys,

The increased melee range of mobs has been identified by Sony as a bug. Evidently the server and the client are not reconciling the same position of the PC so the mobs sometimes think they are in melee range. No estimated time on the fix though Sad

Good hunting.

Daneloire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Aye

I have noticed this effect myself, while a snared mob kites behind me, occasionally. Several times I have been chased literally across a zone by a phantom assbeating, that hit me relentlessly as if stapled to my back.

I think it could in fact be a latency issue, since when I turned around, the nearest mob was literally a 30 second run behind me. As soon as I stopped moving, it "updated", for lack of a better word, and I stopped being hit.

-Dane

soto01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Kiting hard hitting mobs is a bishola right now until they fix this so be carefull especially in HoH and Tactics. It seems to be ridiculously intermittent but when it happens and you are a paper class like us wizzies you get your ass handed to ya in a few seconds by a mob beating the piss out of you from half way across the room =x Make sure ya do some extra cybor on your rezzing friends because you will need it.
Tibb

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: