The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Upcoming changes in August 26 patch -- including PoM revamp!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Upcoming changes in August 26 patch -- including PoM revamp!

Upcoming for August 26th, 2003

Plane of Mischief changes going to the Legends. The Plane of Mischief, home of the trickster Bristlebane, has undergone an extensive revamp. As one of the most unusual places to visit in EverQuest, this zone will be a very interesting challenge, if you have a sturdy funny bone.

Partial Zone Revamps coming to all servers. These changes are not as dramatic as those made to the Plane of Mischief, but they are great improvements to these zones that needed only a little modification to make them much better. The zones we'll be updating this week are: The Deep, Charasis (Howling Stones), Dragon Necropolis, Siren's Grotto, The Hole, The City of Mist, The Accursed Temple of Cazic-Thule and Velketor's Labyrinth. Gameplay in these zones has been improved, based on feedback from players and careful review of the content.

New filters and chat message options will be added. We will be separating pet melee messages into their own category. You will be able to send them to whichever chat window you want, or filter them out completely in the Options window. We have also added the ability to send /random messages to any chat window you'd like. There is no option to filter these messages, however, to prevent any loss of the information in cases where it is needed.

Memorizing spell sets. We will be adding /memspellset # to make memorizing spells a bit less bothersome. Using this command will memorize one of your saved spell sets. # is the number or name (or shortened name) of the spell set you wish to memorize. Note that if you use a shortened version of the spell set name, it will match the first spell set that has those characters, so /memspellset Dots will find your "Dots and Charms", or "Dots", or "Dotsandstuff" - whichever shows up first on your list.

Shared Bank gains a Plat slot. We will be adding a Platinum slot to the shared bank to make transactions between characters on the same account more convenient.

Rain Spells can be deadly. Rain Spells have been resisted 100% of the time when an NPC was above level 20 and had less than 10% of its hit points left. We will be removing this restriction.

Also, as a heads up to players that have created their own user interfaces for EverQuest, these are the interface files that we expect to change next week.

** UI Files **

* Changed *

EQUI_BankWnd.xml

EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml

EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml

EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml

SIDL.xml

EQUI_Animations.xml

EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml

EQUI.xml

dragitem26.tga

* New *

dragitem27.tga

window_pieces06.tga

window_pieces07.tga

* Removed *

EQUI_JournalTextWnd.xml

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/updates/upcoming_updates.jsp

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject:

It'll be interesting to hear from Legends folks as to what changed in PoM. I suspect a port scroll dropping there (or quested there) would be too much to ask, though.

Sorgaine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Wow! I have been hearing that we need to change our bind spot from the castle room we are in. Now that I know changes are coming in 2 days, I think I'm going to change it today. Thanks for the heads up, Whiz!

My Magelo Profile

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject:

The changes are only in two days if you're on Legends.

Talvarien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Word I heard was that entrance to POM was being moved to the far end of the river in Great Divide. I think its there on test now, or was.

tal

PH@T L3WTS

Jaffod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure if that is good news or not to be honest

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Both, frankly. PoM entrance has always been a stupidly hard to get to, especially if you're a melee who can't bind there.

However, letting every damn fool go there is no thx as well.

TheNerple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject:

Whiz, the changes have been on test for a while now with Horrendous reviews.

http://forums.interealms.com/ranger/showthread.php?threadid=27314

Basically they are making it another cookie cutter zone.

Tal, that is where the zone in is on Test, however people on test say that sometimes they put new content in easy to get to places on Test to get people to go there. Test has an ultra-low population.

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Murobo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject:

Well crap. I finally get to this fun ass zone and now they're gonna ruin it.

Who's gonna risk through NToV just to get to another PoP type exp grind zone for 55-65 players? Not me.

I guess I need to rebind at the entrance before they do this on live... hopefully the people on test will turn it down so damn hard they'll leave it alone, but I don't see it happening.

If this actually goes through, they're gonna get a VERY VERY long feedback from me, and I will patch my feedbackwindow back from the locbox window TO DO IT.
[66 Prophet] Murobo Surbane (Iksar) Vazaelle Server

[65 Archon] Renthak Draknar (Froglok) Vazaelle Server
Jenny wrote:
Actually as a robot I don't need any clothes.

Jaffod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject:

looks like I have to brush off my chars on Test

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject:

POM has been fun but definitely is under utilized. Groups are only there if you have scheduled them with friends or get lucky and run into friends all logging in near the same time. Some changes, like a hard to quest Wizard port scroll that is nodrop that requires some smarts to run, would definitely add to the zone. But I have a feeling they are going to make the mobs much harder to kill or to solo. They already did that in the upside-down area where you definitely had to have a group to take them down.

The other rumors that I have see were KOS mobs in the castle. That is why alot of people were saying to bind at the zone in. I already moved my toons there. Can't wait to be screwed over by SOE and possibly end up in a continous death loop. I also know that if they kick me out of PoM I won't be back in awhile because it took alot to get there (3 deaths and a long raid) and I doubt that can happen again anytime soon.

I do hope one of their changes is to create more solo locations that wizards can take on and live.

PS: I also have boxes of different colors if people need dolls to complete a quest before it gets messed up. No I do not have any thrones Razz
If you want more information hit EQdruids and the Plane of Mischief ezboard.
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

Last edited by ZigonZagoff on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Wrahn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject:

There was only one persons review there and it looked a little knee-jerk to me. Wait to see what the people on test2... I mean Legends have to say.

VamprissX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject:

Gonna log on friends rogue today and get the real deal on PoM (stormhammer). There is a huge following on Legends.

Having played there as long as almost anyone, I don;t think that changing the entrance will change anything really. Most EQ people would despise PoM. The mobs drop crap loot and everything is quest related (which ironically most everQUEST players hate).

Sony will still keep the zone "wacky" enough to ward off the hardcore folks I think. So, imagine a zone that is fun to play in and only Walker-type people enjoy grouping in.....sounds great to me!

PS - Almost everything reported from Test hs been altered according to Legends GM's and the PoM team.

Elnrik Talshiar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject:

I'm anxiously awaiting the servers coming back up to see exactly how bad they F'd it up. I'm expecting a let down.

I was looking forward to getting PoM shm armor. /sigh I bet that's completely messed up.

(AKA - Brent)

VamprissX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Okay - as usual my positive thinking has been proved wrong by Sony. Here's what I have seen thus far:

-Entrance at mouth of river in GD

-Mobs EVERYWHERE! None seem to see invis though. Very few "safe" spots. All KoS now!

-Some mob changes, but most stayed the same...just beefed up a little.

-Class armor are dropping. Not sure if this is intentional, but there don;t seem to be anymore cards dropping. That would mean no more Flowers either.

All in all, they took out the fun aspect (quests) and replaced it with the Plane of Hate. Uber guilds rejoice. Roleplayers hit the showers.... Crying or Very sad

Vamp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: