The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Introducing myself

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Introducing myself

Hello to everyone in Walkers - and trollers of Message Boards.

I figured since some of you have seen me (even if you didn't know who I was) I would introduce myself so you at least have a chance to get to know something behind the toon(s). Just so everyone knows I do become a little long winded when I write up things - other times I just use quick responses and use the MB like IM (instant messaging). So if you see me chattering away in the Walkers applicants channel - you at least have an idea of who I am.

Very recently I had a major life changing thing happen and a major in game thing happen.

The RL thing was we had our first baby. My wife is doing fine and is adjusting to 4 hours of sleep. I am doing ok and adjusting to 5+ hours of sleep. She gets to nap during the day while I nap during game play Very Happy This change has drastically reduced my EQ time and has had a definite impact on how I can play. I have switched to having to schedule my play time around when my wife can care for the baby but also have to account for quick AFK. So I have recently switched to fewer hours and playing my toon that has FD or my other alts that are lower level that I don't mind as much if I get them killed.

The IN Game activity that happened was the disbanding of RoK (Resurgence of Kin). This was a hard thing to quite a few of us but we know that the membership and peoples activity is cyclic. It just so happened that this time we couldn't get enough people to pick up the slack of those that left or had RL issues. We also didn't have the commitment that we had last time this happened. I definitely will miss the friendships and the guild chatter that I had become used to over the time.

With these changes I am trying to determine if I want to join another guild even if I don't have the time commitment that I used to be able to give to a guild. I know a few of the people in Walkers and have been trying to get to know more people and to come along on some of the raids.

I have been in a few guilds. Started out in my 30s in Shifting Sands and we merged into Regression. That is the old days when Eeepers was around and I started to learn raiding. After awhile the leadership was passed on to Divide and sometime after that I was asked to be an Officer. At that time I had no idea what an officer's job was. I mainly sat around (you know wizards are ALWAYS medding) telling people what to do and where to go (** sometimes in a nice way **). As Regression folded we had a majority decide to continue on in the tradition as Resurgence of Kin. I was still an officer in RoK and provided my 2cents every chance I got. At times I know it wasn't worth even that but you can't ever get a gnome to shut up. With my alts I am in a guild of RL friends call "Friends in Life". We recenlty had 2 decide to quit the game all together so our numbers are just borderline for SOE guild requirements.

My toons:
My main forever was Zigon Zagoff - Gnome Wizard. Currently he is level 63. My Alt is Caylik - a High Elf Cleric currently level 61. My other alt is a lizard monk named Cillit, currently level 51. (It's Saalron's and Divide's fault that I made a monk - Saalron's that I became a lizard and embraced the lifestyle of a lizard). And before we get into an argument about Saalron - I learned alot from him but I also didn't always agree with his methods of dealing with people. BUT I still liked him as a person behind the toon.

My faction is as follows:
Zigon +Coldain, -CoV, -giants (wizards kill everything don't they?)
Caylik +Coldain, +CoV, -giants (used as the rezzer for the hub when doing NToV) +POG - Will not fight in PoG but I do rezz during raids/Tunare killing - Just as long as I dont take a faction hit.
Cillit +Coldain, +CoV, -giants (might go neg coldain once I get a summon shuriken bracer off those darn giants)

During quite a bit of time I would 2 box. It is harder to two box the cleric and wizard for exp but easier during raids. But at this time since I might have to AFK quickly I have not 2 boxed much recently except when playing with my RL friends that understand the need to be able to drop the game with little or no notice. I also have a few other alts - I have 2 accounts, 3 mules and no empty slots open for other classes. The majority of my alts I have in the "Friends in Life" guild.

That is about all I have to say now. If you see me spamming WKAPPS at least you know who the 3 main toons I play are. Hopefully I will have time to raid with Walkers and get to know the people behind the toons. If anyone see me on and wants help with something just give me a hollar.

One other thing of note - I hate doing EXP because the majority of my exp days have been solo quadding (Zigon). I prefer groups and only the cleric seems to be the one that gets groups. But I also use the cleric to 2 box with monk at times for exp but I solo alot more with monk for exp and the new methods of the melee class. Its different playing the caster where you go heavy for 2 minutes and then med for 15 minutes. (Any quadder knows what I am talking about). I spend most of my time putzing around the zones helping out where I can.

Time for me to get back to the software installs - my restore just finished. Hope to see some of you and get to know you.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing myself

ZigonZagoff wrote:
And before we get into an argument about Saalron - I learned alot from him but I also didn't always agree with his methods of dealing with people. BUT I still liked him as a person behind the toon.

I decided long ago not to argue with Regression/ROK folks about Saalron, just to decide that both parties have a right to their opinions based on their personal experiences (those with second-hand experiences can stfu, thx) and leave it at that.

Good to see you back on, gnome. Not many of us old gnome wizards left still banging around.

Murdakin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Hiya Zigon! Glad to see you app here man! Gnome population +1 MUAHAHAHAHA

I value Zigons opinion VERY greatly he has a level head and has ALWAYS been there to talk to me or anyone for that matter. He is one of the best people I know inside EQ.

Zahasha
Guild Leader

Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot to list Abbok! I think Abbok was perhaps the 4th or 5th friend friend Zahasha made on this server! He took such good care of her in Crushbone!! That could be where she first got her"thing" for Pallies!! LOL
Good to see you posting here Zigon!!!

Hugs
Zahashah

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Abbok is only 28 - not even twink that much. When we met he was my main in the high teens and then in unrest to the mid 20s. I only take him out once in awhile when I want a little tank and a challenge because playing the pally is harder for me than the casters or the monk.

You will probably also remember my reputation of training the zone in of unrest. I still remember dieing because I used LoH to save someone else. My best train was when I got trained by someone pulling the second floor when I was pulling part of the first floor. Had the majority of the house running out the back door and to the zone line. People in that zone soon learned that when I shouted TRAIN I wasn't kidding around. (Loved some of those days) Very Happy - fond memories.

Whiz - that is a great way to think of the game and LIFE in general. Only one incident should never govern how anyone thinks of another. Otherwise you wouldn't like some of the things that I have done - we can talk in game if you want some of the dirt on "bad" things I have done.

Murd - thank you for the compliment. Its not like people could ever get me to just shutup - I think that is why I was asked to be an officer in Regression days.

To Everyone:
If you get tells from me in a raid giving advice and you don't want the advice then please tell me to STFU. I will try not to take over raids or hits but there are times people do have to b**** slap me around to get me to be quiet - but then put me in a group that doesn't mind a mouthy gnome.

Pzorpa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject:

/salute

VERY glad to see you apply to Walkers Z! =)

btw, he lubbs to pull on the Vindi hit..haha...go go Whiz FD !
/splat

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Nothing beats a WIZARD PULL - there is no "hold it a minute we aren't ready" cause the mobs are coming over no matter what Very Happy

Roladoc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Hiya Ziggy, I have missed you and the tomes of knowledge that I learned from you by watching and listening. Hang in there with the little one it will get better on the sleep side, but nuts when they start to locomate. Being a grandpa with a live in one year old, I baby sit for after a full day of work. I can attest. Would not change a minute of it though.

Simply Taken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ROFL... it was common knowledge among the officers of RoK that if someone you did not recognize was in the officer channel, the first guess you should make is = Zigon alt? Chances were very good that you would guess right on the first try.

Glad to see you making it back into the game a little. Give the wife and that adorable little baby a hug from me. See you around!

Paven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Gnome

Ziggy -- fatherhood is sweet isn't it?

Nice to see you again.

Whiz - another oldschool gnome wiz is still around, but it's like trying to shove a glass of orange juice down someone who has been drinking screwdrivers the night before's throat. Oldneil says hiya.

Paven Paintedblade | Oldneil Tinkercircuit | Bleck Endacker

stoneclaww

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject:

/wave Paven

Quote:
never come to a battle of wits with no ammunition

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: