The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Multi account/OS/Router problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

fieni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Multi account/OS/Router problem

Can you enable syslog/debug msg on the router if any? SOunds like it doesn't like some of the packet exchange.
Any console port on thr router where U can plug a terminal to see if any error msg is diaplay?

Fieni Fired - Walkers of vazaelle

Thallas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Multi account/OS/Router problem

I'm sure most of you have heard me ranting about my latest problem. TnT can't play together...
I'll throw in some detail and see if ANYONE has ideas.

I recently got a badass PC 2.4gig 1gig ram 128meg vid etc.
This new box is running XP pro.
I have 2 other PC with EQ loaded, both run win98.
I could go into hardware details but let me just say they are both far above min requirements, and I don't think that is the issue.
When I got the new PC I also changed from a hub where each PC had a MAC account with the ISP to a 4 port linksys router.
The router has one IP assignted from the ISP and the individual PC each get an IP assigned from the router.

For the first month or so everything worked fine, no prob, thrilled.
Last week I started having the problem listed below.

I can log on to Thallas account and play all day no prob.
I can log on to Teeka account and play all day no prob.
On any of the 3 machines.

IF if log both Thal and Teek on, we can stand around for hours no prob.
As soon as we start to move, cast a spell, autofollow, port or ANYTHING, we both go LD right away AND my other computers (outside eq) lose their internet connect for a minute or so untill I get out of eq, then everything returns to normal.

Outside EQ I can have all 4 PC working, downloading, whatever, no prob.

I seem to be getting a consistant 500k connect when I test even if I run the test on all PC at the same time.

I know this has to be a router/firewall/ICS issue.
XP likes to take control and act as it's own firewall, the router also wants to be in control and act as a firewall.
I also have a server running 2k interprise that COULD act as ICS and firewall.

What really troubles me is the fact that this configuration had been running smoothly for a month or 2 then just stopped dead.

Of course EQ(SoE) doesnt support routers.
My ISP(Adelphia) doesnt support routers.
Linksys(router) doesn't support games.

I know there are others out there running XP, and I know there are others using routers for ICS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Magelo Profile

Thallas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi account/OS/Router problem

No Fieni, not that I know of, but I think the router may just be faulty, Imma exchange it since it is new and WAS working properly

Magelo Profile

Elyhim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi account/OS/Router problem

goodihopeitworksfor ya thallas )

hmmm space key is dying.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: