The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
drop to desktop or froze problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

fieni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: drop to desktop or froze problem

Here is something I found which make a hell of a difference for thos having trouble like EQ droping to desktop or PC frozing, problem mainly due to the grafic interaction of EQ.

I did the following two change, and I am back in the game:
1) In eqclinet.init, find the following two line and change them to FALSE:

UseLuclinVahShirMale=FASLE
UseLuclinVahShirFemale=FALSE

Note: The are NOT with the others UseLuclinxxx variable, but few line after

2) If you are using a geforce, go on additinal props and turn OFF antialiasing

That made a hell of diff for me, hope that may help you.

Fieni Fired - Walkers of vazaelle

Alermik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

Fieni, what do Vah Shir look like with their models turned off? IIRC, you actually can't turn off the Vah Shir models in-game if you have SoL installed.

fieni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

They looks like human

And BTW, that worked, but I got froze twice after... Giving up and waiting for next patch

Jullious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

So you are saying that your fixes in the first post didn't fix? (I have this issue also. My client freezes, sometimes for minutes at a time. Sometimes I give up and hit CTRL-ALT-DEL so I can reboot. Usually, just as the game window flashes back up before VIs code shuts it down I see the freeze break. But by then it is too late. I managed to unfreeze the game but VI shuts it down and I'm into the reboot sequence. VI is such an arse for their NO WINDOWS FER JOO attitude.

fieni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

the fix *improve* that bug, but don't fix it completly. I was able to play for a while yesterday wo/ froze, but when I tried again, I froze twice.
It is just a pain as you can't do nada, specially can even think to solo...

fieni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

And BTW, these froze may corrupt your eqclient.ini and character file...
So think about backup.

VI programers should definitively be hired by microsoft, they meet the same level of quality...

Jullious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: drop to desktop or froze problem

I came up with a solution to my client software freezing. I run it in EQWindows and when it does freeze I ALT - TAB about of the game (fastest way for me to get the mouse out of the game) and open a dos window (fastest, cheapest, least memory and resource using program I've got) which unfreezes the game. Kill the dos window and ALT - TAB back into the game. Haven't dropped in weeks now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: