The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
This one is for all you comic book freaks.. i know there...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Leopa Panthera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: This one is for all you comic book freaks.. i know there

30. What other non-comic invention is Wonder Woman creator Dr. William Moulton also famous for?

Lie detector.

41. Who is the fastest Woman alive in the DC Universe?

I'd say Jesse Quick.

The rest I'm drawing a blank on or will have to think about.

Lillishiana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: This one is for all you comic book freaks.. i know there...

The only one i knew of for sure was SPOON! Think i may change that to my incomming msg.

Watch out evil doers! %T is coming! SPOON!!!

There are 50 questions worth 2 points each and 20 bonus questions worth 1 point each. The questions are all mainstream comics. (BP: blah blah) = extra Bonus Points.
Total Point Value, theoretically is 134 Pts

1. What were Peter Parkers Parent’s names?
2. What does the X stand for in X-Men?
3. Superman has many powers. What Super Power was noticeably absent when Superman made his debut in 1938?
4. What city did Batman originally work in way back in 1939? (BP: What year he began in Gotham?)
5. Dr. Doom is many things; Genius, monarch yes. Is he a Dr? (BP: If so, what of?)
6. Is Dr. Strange a Dr? (BP: If so, what of?)
7. When the dying Green Lantern Abin Sur crash landed on Earth, why did he choose Hal Jordan over Guy Gardner to be his successor?
8. How did Magneto get his apocalyptic view of mankind?
9. How the did the Wayne (as in Bruce Wayne’s family) family make their fortune?
10. How did the Starks (as in Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man) make THEIR fortune?
11. Name five characters with double “L” initials for the Superman comics (As in Lex Luthor. There, ya got one free. Gimme 4 more.)
12. Getting angry was not Bruce Banner’s original trigger into the Hulk. What was?
13. What was blind super hero Dare Devil’s original costume made from?
14. What was the first superhero team to draw a salary? (BP: How much was their weekly stipend?)
15. Both Aquaman and Sub-Mariner are half human half Atlantean. Who is the human parent (mom or dad) for each? (BP: Their names? One point per name)
16. Put these bald men in order as to when they lost their hair, age-wise. Lex Luthor, Charles Xavier and the Kingpin.
17. In what comic did the Daily Bugle first appear?
18. What newspaper did Clark Kent originally work for in 1938?
19. What ever happened to Captain America’s Original Pointy Shield from WWII?
20. How does Robin keep that domino mask from falling off?
21. In the pages of Uncanny X-Men who was the firs person to ever call Wolverine Logan?
22. You know how Thor’s Hammer has that awesome enchantment so only the Thunder God can lift it? So why is it that 8 other people have lifted it of the ground? Name six of them. (BP: a point each for 7 and Cool
23. Spider-Man’s webs shoot when he taps his palm. How come he doesn’t web all over the place when he makes a fist?
24. The characters from Watchmen were all patterned after old Charlton (Later bought by DC) characters. Name the Charlton inspirations for Rorschach, Ozymandius, Nite-Owl, Silk Spectre, Dr. Manhattan and the Comedian.
25. How did Nick Fury lose his eye?
26. Which eye of Nick Fury’s is missing?
27. Before becoming the Joker, the man who would be Batman’s greatest nemesis had another short-lived villainous moniker. What was it?
28. Who launched the rocket that killed Buckey and froze Captain America in that block of ice for decades?
29. Aside from the Obvious, can you name 8 of the 13 other people who have been part of the Fantastic Four? (BP: for each additional.)
30. What other non-comic invention is Wonder Woman creator Dr. William Moulton also famous for?
31. What is Alfred’s (as in Bruce Wayne’s faithful servant) last name?
32. What is the first name of the Avenger’s butler, Jarvis?
33. How did Jarvis land the gig as their butler?
34. If Captain America’s shield can absorb any impact, why does it hurt when he hits you with it?
35. What was Batman’s first ever print appearance?
36. Prior to “Crisis on Infinite Earth’s” what two criteria did potential members of the Legion of Super Heroes have to meet?
37. What’s the name of Batman’s dog?
38. We all know Superman’s dog is Krypto. Name Super-cat, super-horse and… sigh… super-monkey.
39. What’s the name of the little masked monkey that hung out with Space Ghost?
40. How did Charles Xavier (Professor X) originally wind up in a wheel chair? (BP: Can you tell me what most recently [around 1990] put him back in the chair?)
41. Who is the fastest Woman alive in the DC Universe?
42. Who are Loki’s real parents?
43. How did the Red Skull hook up with the Third Reich?
44. What three super heroes has Rick Jones played second banana to?
45. What do the initials in Shazam stand for?
46. What do the initials in Shazam stand for when Black Adam says it?
47. Why did it take so long for Reed Richards to cure Ben Grimm of being the monstrous Thing?
48. What planet is Galactus from?
49. Which character is Not Jewish? Magneto, Kitty Pryde, Colossal Boy, Moon Knight, Ant-Man, Sabra.
50. It’s the most famous metal in the Marvel Universe. What scientist invented Adamantium?

BONUS ROUND
Match these slogans and/or battle cries to their respective characters. Try it timed (30 seconds)
B1. “Flame On!”
B2. “Great Krypton!”
B3. “Oh my stars and garters!”
B4. “Great Hera!”
B5. “In brightest day, in blackest night…”
B6. “Od’s blood!”
B7. “By the hoary hosts of Hoggarth!”
B8. “It’s clobberin’ time!”
B9. “By the white wolf!”
B10. “Crom!”
B11. “Imperius Rex!”
B12. “Goddess!”
B13. “Sweet Christmas!”
B14. “SPOON!”
B15. “I’m the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn’t very nice.”
B16. “Blue Blazes!”
B17. “Wa-HOOO!”
B18. “By my beard!”
B19. “Great Zenon!”
B20. “Form of…a bucket of water!”

fieni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: This one is for all you comic book freaks.. i know there

Bah.... Nothing can beat belgium BD anyway...
Read Asterix, in French 'course Smile

Fieni Fired - Walkers of vazaelle

Tryunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: This one is for all you comic book freaks.. i know there

1. Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne
2. Proffessor Xavier
3. The ability to pull off wearing a pair of tights as a part of his costume.
4. Suffragette City
5. Plastic surgery, could never figure out how to work on himself in the mirror after the anesthetic set in though.
6. Not really a doctor, and not even really strange either. A total quack, in other words.
7. Hal is a WAY cooler name than Guy.
8. When not trying to conquer the world, he's indoors, on the sofa, watching c-span. that should do it for anyone.
9. They invented silly string.
10. They invented rubber elastic waistbands for underwear.
11. Lex Luthor, Lana Lane, Lilly Loopy, Lumpy Loopy, and Lurch (only really had one name, but had to put L.L. on his driver's license because they won't allow just one initial)
12. You know when you first get in the shower thinking the water's actually really warm but then you get in and it's freezing cold? 'Nuff said.
13. Cheez Whiz
14. Heckel and Jeckel They worked for peanuts.
15. Gto me there.
16. Lex Luthor was first, not sure of the others, but they were all so rich they could have NOT been bald instead of being so damn sensitive about it.
17. Action Comics.
18. dunno
19. It was sold to a disturbed postal worker from Peoria by the clerk of an Army-Navy surplus outlet.
20. Don't know this answer either, but man, could he fill out those green shorts or what?
21. Had to have been Jean Grey. Anyone else would've been given an admantium enema.
22. Sneezy, Sleepy, Grouchy, Doc, Bashful, Dopey.
23. There os a special pressure plate built into his web spinners. The only way it operates is if he presses it with his middle finger and ring finger simultaneously. His first and pinky fingers must be straight. Like the devil sign.
24. Never heard of any of these scmucks.
25. Don't play poker with Cat Woman and get caught cheating is all I have to say.
26. He's lucky it's just one.
27. The Real Funny Guy, but that didn't look so hot in the headlines.
28. You know that Russian couple from Rocky and Bullwinkle? Yeah, it was them.
29. The Obvious was once a member of the FF? I thought he was just around for the mini-series. Didn't he get killed off by Mr. Facetious pretty early on?
30. The Wonder Bra?
31. O
32. Jarvwhat (Jarvwhat? Jarvis!) nm
33. He showed up at their door doing his gig as a singing telegram guy. They couldn't think of a better way to punish him...
34. 'Cause it JUST DOES! OK?
35. Before he was famous, he did a spread for "Hunky Collegiate Guys Quarterly" When the scandal broke, he paid 'em off not to release the prints to the press.
36. Have a cool costume and a neato super-vehicle.
37. Scooby
38. Superpussy, Superglue, and Suoershitflinger.
39. Control Subject 0001
40. Originally, his legs didn't work. Then, he tried to get up, and found they STILL didn't work.
41. Superhooker
42. Mr. and Mrs. Loki?
43. Um, took 'em out to dinner and a movie, wound up back at Red's pad, one thing led to another...
44. Got me here.
45. Here too.
46. Man, this is tough.
47. Things HMO wouldn't cover the treatments.
48. Ask me about the TMNT's.
49. Sorry, I missed the Bar-Mitzvah Super-sized Annual.
50. Adam Ant

BONUS ROUND
Match these slogans and/or battle cries to their respective characters. Try it timed (30 seconds)
B1. The Human Torch
B2. Superman
B3. Superhooker
B4. Storm
B5. blank
B6. Thor
B7. The captain guy from The Adventures of TinTin
B8. Wolverine
B9. blank
B10. Conan
B11. blank
B12. blank
B13. Santa
B14. SPOONMAN!
B15. Punisher?
B16. Know it, Can't remember
B17. blank
B18. Floyd the Barber?
B19. The Maytag Repairman
B20. Whatshisname

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: