The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Welcome to level 49!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 3:00 pm    Post subject: Welcome to level 49!

Lots of people wanted to see me hit 49 on Friday night. Alas, it was not to be. LDs, full groups, and finally people all going to bed meant that I soldiered on alone. Zedia helping me get the fourth Coldain Insignia Ring (and then doing the turn-in for the fifth one at the same time) took me right to the edge. Wandering around the Great Divide, on the ledge Leopa showed me and that I used to blast through 44, a blue to 48 frost giant scout wandered by ...

Welcome to level 49!

And, yes, I used my level 16 Lightning Bolt spell as a finisher to keep from having to use Conflagration's full mana and, well, because bolt spells are cool.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Abinsuran Zapalott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to level 49!

49! A pivotal point in a wizard's life.

You're a real man-gnome now.

Edited by: Abinsuran Zapalott at: 9/25/01 1:28:19 pm

Faddo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to level 49!

Hay did you get a new rez spell at 49 Whiz? Cause i think at 32 i get my SOW spell so maybe we can help each other out.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to level 49!

Yes, Faddo.

First, hit /d for donation.

Ackkk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to level 49!

CONGRATULATIONS!! WOOT!! YIPPEE!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!! WTG WHIZBANG!! YOU ROCK!! WOOO HOOO! YAAAY! GOOOO WHIZBANG!!! *does a cartwheel and a backflip and lands in the splits*

just in case i missed it!

Azil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:00 pm    Post subject: Yay!

Grats Whiz!

Alphonse Kozureokami

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:00 am    Post subject: /cry!

Heh. Isn't it frightening to look at this and realize "Hey, I've barely gone up three levels in two and a half months!"

It's a far cry from the days in LoIO when we'd be doing two or three levels a week, even into our late 20's!

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: /cry!

Level 51 is incredibly evil, and if you don't pay attention, you'll never leave it. I'm now on a one blue a day minimum which will get me through each level in a month. It's not hard, and it's better than looking around after six weeks and saying "hey, I've got one yellow in this level. What the hell happened?"

I REALLY don't understand the logic behind hell levels, but that's a rant for another time.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Alphonse Kozureokami

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:00 pm    Post subject: Hell levels

Quote:
I REALLY don't understand the logic behind hell levels, but that's a rant for another time.

My theories:

1) It prevents hardcore players (to a degree) from becoming incredibly uber in a ridiculously short amount of time. I've never played AC or UO, but I've read stories on the SWG site of players macroing their way to maxed-out characters in just over a week, which tends to cheapen the experience for others. (On the other hand, the SWG boards are also filled with ex-EQ players who quit the game outright because they just couldn't face another hell level. So it seems to be a "six of one, half dozen of the other" proposition, at best.)

2) It bunches players up into "level clusters", theoretically making it easier to find people to group with around your level. (Important, because of #3.)

3) It funnels primarily solo-players like myself into dungeons (and therefore groups, since soloing in most dungeons is akin to train-assisted suicide) in search of the XP bonuses needed to bust out of hell sooner.

Essentially, it's one more REALLY cheap way of forcing you to play the game the way VI expects it to be played...I guess so you're prepared for the post-50 game, when it's their way or the highway.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Screenshots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: