The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Darwin Awards!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Gryfndor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

France would be totally responsible for the Vietnam quagmire if you would like to read your history. France occupied and basically raped the people of vietnam treating them as less then human. Thus creating the will to break the yoke of oppression and once again getting they're ass kicked. We stepped in when it was apparent that Ho chi min had enlisted the communists to help him throw the French out. Dien Bien Fu probably spelled wrong is a classic example of French arrogance.They're last ass kicking in Vietnam.

As for us being the aggresors in Iraq. Hmm I think a leader who has killed hundreds of thousands of his own people and can legitemitly be compared to the likes of Stalin and Hitler is the aggressor. What history has shown us is that if we sit on our hands and let these guys go long enough we can end up with scenarios like World War II. Hitler was a known threat but no one wanted to get involved until it was much to late.

In this day and age with technology what it is a single terrorist strike could take out Paris or New York. Would that be the proper time to do something about it ? or does now make more sense ?

Edited by: Gryfndor at: 3/26/03 7:23:19 am

Farzy 51 rogue
Nasgul 29 Shadownight

Jarsace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Time for me to step on some toes.

Please make a new section called Iraq, or American agression, or french running shoes, or whatever you like. Also plz take all this to above mentioned section. I appreciate everyones opinion, but would like to keep this section for what it was intended, YOUR Darwin moments in EQ. Thanks for your time and flame me later =)

RudeeD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Ya know.....lets just remember one thing.
Its your race thats causing problems...YOURS!..THE HUMAN RACE!
French, Iraqi, American, Black, White, Brown, Yellow....
How many violent crimes took place in your own home town today??? Lets remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but lets also remember the time and the place for all this crap too. We have a channel to discuss things like this live, and better yet, if you want to spout more political things, start a thread about it.

/rerail

My shining moment in EQ....Aside from the fact that Ive never once decided to reprogram my auto attack button, resulting in several Deaths over the years, must be the time I thought I had finished the Shield of Bane warding quest, and didnt realize that I had lost the final page of the write up that explained that when I did the last turn in a level 55 Kitty was gonna pop and Own me before I could blink....and this was after I told everyone but Whizbang that they could leave because I was done. Only a hugely quick guild mobilization saved me form redoing hours and hours of camping that shield.

Tawnnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

/em steps up on soapbox

once when gheran and i were in like mid 30's we came to OT one day and were looking around.. we were near that gorge that goes to HS and i said Gheran get away from the edge dammit your gonna fall off.. he said naw hun im far enough away .. soo what did this mage go and do i wanted to see how far down it was so i got near edge and all i did was hit the page down butt to look down ..But low and behold there i went plunging to the bottom of the gorge for 100k damage splat... To this day he still does not let me live down tawnnie's suicide attempt Razz

/em steps off of soapbox

~Tawnnie Stormwalker~
Lvl 62 Archmage

Silkenmist
Lvl 51 Druid

Jullious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

I've thought of one.
I needed to enchant a bunch of vials for a friend.
I needed sapphires, lots and lots of sapphires and they are not cheap.
The caster bank in SH is close to the vendor who sells sapphires so I do the math and load up with coin.
Oh look, I'm quite encumbered. I know, I'll slap my STR buff on myself and if that isn't enough I'll do illusion earth elemental.
Hey, why is this banker beating on me? I need some room to maneuver. I'll just run outside.
Hey, why is everyone casting on me?
Even the freaking illusionist vendor doesn't know about illusions?
Uh, Caniel, you are in the nexus. Can you come rez me?

Dornex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Playing my bard Dyrty... slightly drunk. Trying to get to get to TS. Decide that bacuse I have Invis and EB item, It'll be much faster and safe enough to go through the grey at level 31. Wrong. Snake see's me, stuns me, Kills me.

Cr #1: Solo, "Oh yeah Snakes can see invis", so I invis, and Selo's..and Run across a trap of 4 Undead skeletons. They See me, stun me, Kill me.

Cr #2: Damn, well ok ill skirt the wall..no traps up there right? Run,run run....Gee that blue bar in the top left is low...Oh yeah, EB item is on body. Sit mem EB song, Sing...become visible. Rock See's me, stuns me, Kills me.

Cr #3: Goes well, find body, click to loot, Become Visible. Xi Vir Vas (or whatever..the Worm guys) sees me, kills me.

Cr #4: Get to body...repeat Cr# 2 kinda...ran over skeleton. See's me kills me.

<DELEVEL>

Cr #5: Get body, (yay), running back to ML ZL....get to ML ZL....remember I'm trying to get to TS, turn around....oh dear I seem to have Picked up a snake somewhere. Snake see's me, kills me.

Cr #6: Forget to invis in ML heading to The Grey....Get hopper aggro, get Shinak (baby bug guys) aggro, Stonegrabber aggro, get stunned, get killed.

Cr#7: Get body, get halfway to TS, Run.....cross country (I know..I konw, thats how this mess started in the first place, but you asked for stupid) Get Skeleton aggro, get stunned, die. And I have NO idea where my body is, and because I've decorated the countyside with corpses...locate corpse wont work.

Cr#8: Get to the ML/Grey ZL, get ready to Log on Dornex to make this easier, remember golden rule of "NEVER play your main while drinking". Think better of it and log.

<Day 2>

Cr#9 Get Nori's help to get body. Get Nori (and me) killed looking for body.....twice.

Cr's #10+: Get bodies, get Nori Rezed Via Dornex, Eat deaths on Dyrty. Cry. Never going back to the gray While Drinking....

Dornex

Aunix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Okay Little bitty Aunix warrior in oasis, killing orcs, dieing, Run! Someone in my group says run into the water, they will not chase you, So I run into the water, not noticing im being chased by a caster...... hmmmmmm, so I die, 3hrs later Dacajun logs on after I have spent that long swimming into deepwater golbos and summons my corpse. Lesson of the day, never run into water just die on land.
Aunix 50 warrior

Edited by: Aunix at: 3/26/03 11:07:53 pm

Gheran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

I'd have to say my most embarrasing was when I was level 29 soloing hill giants in NK. I got hit a few times while trying to get snare to land on the giant so I get a good lead on him, target myself and heal, run some more turn, cast snare on myself. While grumbling over the stupidest thing I could have done I decide to root the giant till i can get unsnared, and yep, you guessed it, rooted myself. I spent the next 30 seconds saying just kill me already mr.giant heheh

Gheran Stormwalker
Mbigum Doorstop
Freawyn Sycopuller
Whosyer Daddee

My Homepage with magelo links

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kaeleel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Yes the Nexus Scions really do hit for 2k. Nuff said :lol

Jullious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Oh Dorn, I think you win.

Spirit of the Night

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

I decided to play a trick on Riverdane by bringing in about 100k copper to our BoT group so I could split it during a pull and he would suddenly be extremely bogged down, thus hopefully getting him almost killed. Well, as we all know, BoT is a stupidly crowded zone, and I sorta nicked someone while zoning in, causing me to drop.

I took 20k.

Skeetus ^ ^ - Teh great Iksar Enchantar

Yunk01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

Haha Skeet, classic! :lol

Yunk || Steelfyst
Hers & His
Walkers of Vazaelle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Mildane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Darwin Awards!

I just cleared out my system of everything, reinstalled windows. Looked every possilbe place for my various everquest disks. I found all the expansions, but no original =/

Doh!

Mildane

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: