The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
PC issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Daneloire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Out of curiosity, what sort of video card do you have, and secondarily, what chipset is your motherboard using?

-Dane

Sabrar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Sound card = Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Video card = Nvidia GForce 5200 (128mb)
Processor = Intel Pentium 3 (1ghz)

I wonder if the Registry is corrupted? Of course, I'd hate to pay $70 for Norton's System Works only to find out that there's nothing wrong there.

view my gear

tenri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I have Norton's System Works on all 3 PC's in my house and have had all but 1 case of troubl since i installed them

I know why wast my money LOL it has worked good so far Very Happy

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject:

If the registry were 'corrupted' so-to-speak, you would know. Windows would go apeshit.

It may, however, be full of junk. I thought I remember you formatting fairly recently though, so I can't imagine that yours would be that bad unless you go install-crazy.

I'm still curious about what motherboard chipset you have. Crack open the case and give us a make/model on the motherboard!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sabrar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with the registry, and nothing wrong with my RAM (ran a memory diagnostic I downloaded from MS). However, now with the sound card enabled again, the graphics continue to freak out in game until I end up with a blue screen error.

So it's time to uninstall and reinstall EQ. If that doesn't work, I'll be reloading the OS.

To answer your earlier question, Shane...

System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: VT82C692BX
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~1000 Mhz

view my gear

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I knew it!

FUCKING VIA STRIKES AGAIN!

Believe it or not, several systems that I have at work have VIA chipsets. From trying different things on them, I can pretty much give you my word that they are guaranteed pieces of crap. You can, with a bit of tinkering, get them to run some DirectX apps with a reasonable level of success, but eventually it will fail to do something you want.

If you want my advice, the VIA motherboard chipset has to go. It doesn't jive well with any DirectX app, let alone EverQuest. Is that a Celeron processor? If so, I can throw you links for a couple replacements for under $100.00. Probably even under $70.00. If it is not, it might be closer to $100, or a little over.

If you really don't want to make that replacement, all I can tell you is that it will always give you problems of some sort, especially now that EQ requires DX9. You can try stepping up through some of the VIA driver sets, that might help.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sabrar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject:

The processor is Intel, Shane, Pentium 3 (1GHz). But if the motherboard is where you think the problem is (since I have no fucking clue at this point), then I'm willing to entertain the idea of replacing it. But let me add, with the exception of NVidia's 56.62 driver, I have had NO real problems with the hardware of my computer until now. All my previous issues were always software or virus related.

P.S. What driver sets are you referring to? On VIA's website, I don't even see drivers for my model, let alone anything that isn't integrated (all peripherals are not integrated, and the integrated componets are disabled).

view my gear

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Bah, the message board ate my post.

Let me get back to you on this tomorrow. I've got a couple of ideas for the time being, at least. Very Happy

tenri

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Shiloch is right on the money on this comment (FUCKING VIA STRIKES AGAIN)
i was having some strang problumes when i did a update on VIA drivers and ended up reverting back to the one that came with the mother board go figure Confused

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sabrar

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if anyone has missed me the past couple of weeks, but after exhausting every avenue of troubleshooting I could think of, I'll be reloading the OS. That should clear everything up (if it doesn't, then at least I'll know I have a hardware problem).

view my gear

Sabrar

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

Ok, so I reloaded the OS, and I reinstalled EQ. I was able to get into the game after all that, but the graphics are going nuts once I get in. The graphics start flickering on and off in places, THEN, I start getting trailers when I type or move the mouse. I'll see the mouse arrows all across the screen wherever I drag it, and everything else like type and switching hot key pages just sits and doesn't clear so it all lays over the top of anything done before it, like it's a refresh problem.

Maybe it's my custom UIs? I'll try not using them, but could use some suggestions until I speak with SOE tech support again.

view my gear

Sabrar

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Graphics issue was resolved when I uninstalled my video card and reinstalled it with the old drivers. But NOW I have this annoying reverberation effect, like a synthesizer, going on with my sound. WTF?

At least I can just turn the sound down until I figure it out, but I can't help get this feeling of deja vous like I've dealt with this problem before. Anyone else who's experienced this and who has a solution?

view my gear

Sabrar

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Shane,

Everything is fixed and working properly now. The sound issue was resolved when I deleted some of the key EQ files (EQGame, EQGRX_8, EQMain, etc.) and had them re-downloaded by the patcher.

Also, while my chipset is by VIA, I forgot to mention that my motherboard manufacturer is ABIT, and my motherboard model is a VH6-II. ABIT makes quality boards, although their tech support is for shit.

Btw, I redeemed my EQ coupon through Kingston last night and ordered more RAM. By Thursday night, I'll be running 1GHz of RAM! RAWR!

view my gear

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I love Abit, I just hate VIA chipsets.

I think the only reason Abit built with VIA chipsets is because the early 370-pin Intel chipsets wouldn't support 4x16 RAM chips, which means you couldn't get any more than 256 MB in one SDRAM slot. The VIA chipset supported that, so they can hold 512 MB chips. Outside of the Abit boards I've used with VIA chipsets, they've made me very happy. I even have pics and supernerd watercooling systems I used on the BP6 (http://www.bp6.com). Talk about fun stuff! Only a true nerd would build a dual celeron system with an Igloo for a cooling system! Mr. Green

warlax007

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject:

VIA Suck ass end of story! The sad thing is that all there really was for AMD was VIA untill Nforce 2 came out. Nforce 2 rocks!

Warlax

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: