The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The new message board: Q&A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Mildane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject:

And what's that half filled orange bar by everybodies name all about? Plus, I noticed only 14 or 15 posts before a thread starts on a new page. I'll check my profile and see if it's a personal preference like ezboards. But if not, is that the limit, or does it change on its own after a certain amount of space is taken?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Mildane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject:

And as far as all the scrolling goes... Everything is black, so it's hard to find the tab to scroll the page up and down. Is there some sort of personal preference I can change that with?

p.s. Thanks Shiloch

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Pedi Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And what's that half filled orange bar by everybodies name all about?

It's your posting experience bar! The more posts you make, the more it fills up. Da na na nah.

Quote:
Second. I've had Legend on ezboard for a good amount of time now, and was thinking about changing the title to something different soon. I'm not going to make another 400 posts just to be able to do that. I'd quit first.

Lies~

Quote:
What's with all the sidescrolling required here? Any way to get around that?

No sidescrolling for me, but then again I have my monitor set to 1064.

Rocsalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: WTB More posts per page :p

/agree Mildane...
WTB More posts per page...

No Peeking
65 Monk

Mildane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I havent been using my computer lately. This one just cant handle 1064.

Pedi Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I have some minor sidescrolling at work with 800x600 resolution, but that's because I don't have the window maximized (I need to quickly click on something in the background to hide IE in case my boss walks in - ALT TAB takes too long and is noisy).

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Mildane wrote:
Hmm. First. What does php stand for again?

What is PHP?
PHP is a recursive acryonym for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Mildane wrote:
Second. I've had Legend on ezboard for a good amount of time now, and was thinking about changing the title to something different soon. I'm not going to make another 400 posts just to be able to do that. I'd quit first. So...Can we change our title if we had Legend status on the previous board. Or, do you have something else in mind?

Actually, we're planning to revamp the title/rank system to make it more interesting. A lot of people's postcounts were scaled back because a lot of their old posts were pruned from ezBoard, and the pruned posts don't get imported here, they are basically gone. We'll work on this, but while we're still in the transition phase, its not super high on the priority list.
Mildane wrote:
So I clicked preview again, and just remembered. Again. What's with all the sidescrolling required here? Any way to get around that?

Hmm, I'm using 1024 x 768 and haven't really changed resolutions to see what it looks like in other resolutoins. My guess is that if you have to sidescroll much at all, its because someone posted an image that is wider than the board's dimensions. If not, its because you're using something way too small, and you need to update your PC. Razz I'll check it out at 800 x 600 and see what its like. I refuse to support a smaller screen area than that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Mildane wrote:
Everything is black, so it's hard to find the tab to scroll the page up and down. Is there some sort of personal preference I can change that with?

As of right now, the number of posts per page is a global setting. I don't think its possible for users to change it. I think its at 15 right now. I May bump it up to 20 or so, but I'm not going to enforce a setting greater than that globally.

I can't imagine you'd want to use a setting greater than that on a slow connection, and if you're using a fast connection, this board loads relatively fast. Its a substiantial speed increase over ezBoard.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Mildane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject:

heheh, theres that dyslexia again. You got the right answer but quoted the wrong question on that last post. That's cool though.

Anyways, was just thinking about the chatroom on the last page. I'm not too sure about how important it would be to have anytime soon, because not that many people used it. But is that something we can eventually get with the php board?

Sindace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject:

post counts pruned back a bit? was closing on 250 (not a post count whore like some *cough Trabayre *cough*) now down to low 90's Rolling Eyes

Mildane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's your posting experience bar! The more posts you make, the more it fills up. Da na na nah

I'll use Shiloch as my first example to show why I have a hard time beleiving this about the orange bar.

Shiloch has a full orange bar with somewhere around 450 registered posts.

Next, Pedi has about 1/4 of an orange bar with somewhere around the same amount of registered posts as Shiloch.

Now I have about a half an orange bar, with something like 600+ posts. Yet Whizbang has a full orange bar with over 1200 posts.

Maybe the orange bar means something else?

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Mildane,

Administrators have auto-full xp bars. Its independent of the number of posts they have.

Only the non-special-rank users will actually follow the system.

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject:

And secondly, why do you continue to complain about something that is definately going to be changed?

/boggle

Mildane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I didnt know it was going to be changed, and I wasnt complaining.

Jaffod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Sindace, are you calling me a postcount whore?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: