The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
LAG on a raid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Katarin Andolini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: LAG on a raid

Hehe, I dunno, being a bard with ae songs (think particle effects x 900000003202 people, although I guess everyone else sees this too) I basically have no choice but to turn off particles (and turn down clipping), only turning it back on again occasionally when I harmony.

If you ever could do it, I think Luclin sealed our fate on molasses fps anyway. :\

~Kat

Elyhim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: LAG on a raid

serversidefilterhelps with packetlossi believe,
clip planeis not justthe distance that you can see, but all the dynamics in those areas, like if you are blind, put clip plane out, it will be a little brighter. particle density is the spell layer i think. with it off you cannot see yecnas epic, with it on you can.
i have had serious issues with lag, in Ky i was on at 2600 sometimes 2300, lkag was bad, but with clip plane down, names off spell effects off, 3d sky off, filter on, it was playable. alos for casters face the wall and use hotbuttons if lag is to bad.

yammish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: LAG on a raid

Since the new UI I've been doing something that has helped me in areas where I sometimes get a lot of lag.

If you're fine in most areas but find you get a lot of lag in certain areas; when you enter the area where you encounter the lag, try changing your refresh rate (within EQ, not desktop). Mine is usually 85 hertz. I'll drop it to 60 hertz, accept, then raise it back up to 85 and presto lag gone and I'm a happy camper. This may be specific only to my computer/video card but it works great for me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: