The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Rather unusual post…Inquiring within
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject:

How long have you been married? I am sure it means a lot to you. Tell me what you like most about your little guys. Thanks for the link, I will check it out later.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject:

How long have you been married? I am sure it means a lot to you. Tell me what you like most about your little guys.

Heelar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Well Jenny, thank you for asking. Grace (Talhia) and I have been married for just over two years, and are very happytogether. We have no children, and don't plan on having any for another couple years. We are in the process now of buying our first place together, but it's turning out to be more difficult than either of us had fathomed! /auc WTB Condo!
As far as what I like most about my little guys.. well, I don't know! I suppose it's the fact that I can log on for an hour and see them making real progress, instead of having to spend that hour doing nothing, like I would have to with one of my mains! I also like doing diffrent things in groups, instead of just pulling, or just healing. It adds some much-needed flavor to the game.

And you're perfectly welcome for the link Jenny, although I don't see you needing a link to Allah's, as you ARE the all-knowing, All-Powerful Jenny.

Heelar Salvavidas Grasalak Scorpse

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject:

That might not be very far off.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:

This has come up --- Play the toons you want to play.

But Heelar/Grasalak is correct. Monk/Shaman combo is pretty good. In fact that is why I have a shaman - to 2 box with monk because I can't solo much.

Another good combo - Mage/Druid, Mage/Shaman, Mage/Cleric. The pet in this case is the tank.

Another good combo - BL --- No combo needed Very Happy

If you made a lizard then you need to know there is a 20% experience penalty. That penalty also applies to Trolls.

The other penalties I believe are: 15% ogre, 5% barb, Bonus exp 5% halfling (they couldn't get people to play hairy feet toons without this).
I think Warriors and rogues also get 5% bonus still.

Class wise - experiment a little. You may find that you like casters for the spells but like meleeing.

If you check out my link you can see I am all over the board. I play wizard for the burst DPS - but have trouble finding groups. Monk for the meleeing - even if I cant tank that much he lives ALOT longer than the wizard. Cleric for the "OMG I died again. /WTB rezz" - also very good at getting groups. Shaman so that I can play monk.

Another very good class is enchanter. The problem here is there are alot of people that don't play the chanter well. Those that do play it well shine and are an amazing thing to watch -- but they do die very fast and get agro as fast as a wizard - sometimes faster.

Annir Vazaelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... since you two are starting out this is, really, the perfect time to experiment with various class combinations. A question to ask though is do you two want to be able to function well as a duo (alone) and in the same xp group? If so, maybe experimenting with some class combinations would be a good idea.

If you both love the idea of being Monks then by all means be Monks, but grouping together may eventually be an issue as others have mentioned. I play a Monk and I love it, but it is not often that groups form up with multiple Monks (which is a shame, I think).

Play what you love the most though, and in the end that will serve you the best.

Neesha_Lanys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Most of you have no clue who I am (or even care, for that matter), but I will tell you a little story. A long time ago (years, even), I was visiting one message board or another and I happened to be impressed by the writings of a young Wizard named Whizbang Dustyboots. I, being the inquiring sort, followed a few cybor trails and ended up on the old Walkers of Vazaelle boards where I posted a greeting and attempted to find out what was up with this Wizard and his world.

As I navigated the site, I stumbled upon a great post about a lost Gnome, Iceclad, and several helpful individuals who took this Gnome to his family. I realized then that the people of Walkers were pretty cool individuals indeed. As I made my daily rounds of message boards (need something to kill the boredom while at work), I always noticed that, for all the drama going on around Norrath, the people of Walkers seemed to avoid it. Pretty much every message board has that post where everyone in the guild thinks "wow, wait until the rest of the server sees this crap". I never really saw a post like that on the Walkers' boards.

I little history about myself for those that are still reading (can you tell it is my lunch break?). I lead a rather large guild on Lanys T'Vyl called Vita Infinita (vita-infinita.org) and we were/are a "family guild". However, we are one of those rare types that have managed to have a pretty good track record with regards to progression while still maintaining that "family guild" mentality. For instance, we don't require people to raid, even though we raid pretty frequently.

On my server, Vita is generally considered one of the better-respected guilds around but even then, we have had more than our fair share of drama. Ever since I became a Walkers groupie, I figured if there ever came a time where my time came to leave my guild, I'd seriously consider finishing my final days in a guild where the drama was absent (at least, to the outsider) and the only guild that I truly thought would fit that bill was Walkers.

What does all this mean? In my 4+ years of playing EQ, I have never come across such a cool group of people as I have seen on these boards. A person would be lucky to be in a guild with such people as the ones I have encountered on these boards. Hell, I even made a character on Vaezelle back in the day so I could chat with a few of the people I had the fortune of meeting on the old Walkers boards.

So what I am saying is, if you want to enjoy EQ to its fullest (by that I mean the people interaction, not progressing through the game as quickly as possible), transferring to Vaezelle and joining Walkers seems like a no-brainer. The raids, the loot, and comparing how many HP you have compared to the person next to you will only let you experience 1/10 of what EQ is about. The other 9/10 is about the people, the interactions, and the friendships. That's what has kept me going for 4+ years.

Sorry for the novel. Please be gentle, Jenny.

ps: my Magelo is in my sig it is ubarrr omgz !!!!!~~# Razz

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi Neesha --- I have seen your posts before.

I read your magelo and I didn't recognize 95% of the gear. Guess majority is from EP and Higher.

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I can't guess. Tell me.

Neesha_Lanys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I'll have you know that my Pants were finely tailored from the hands of a Gnomish mage with a bad disposition in my very guild!

(and the Magelo thing was a joke. it is unimportant in the grand scheme of things)

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Magelo reflects your equipment. Your equipment helps reflect your HP. And for my monk reflects how fast I can die on 1kquad hitting mobs (3.1 hits unbuffed).

I like looking at peoples gear cause it gives me an idea of where I can upgrade. Even necros - cause I have a 37 necro alt.

What I am finding is that it is harder now to find the research and dropable spells more than it is finding gear.

I am halfway through 56 with my shaman and only the other day finally found bane of Nife (56 level DoT). But I have all of my 61 and most of my 62 spells already. Sure wish they allows us to turn in those extra 61 spells for the hard to find 50+ spells.

Annir Vazaelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I've seen Neesha's posts around fairly often. Hard to miss the LOLer skates! $$

Thanks for the kind words Neesha, we try and enjoy the game for what it is and cultivate some friendships. After all, it isn't really where we end up in game that counts, it is how we get there and who we make the journey with.

P.S. Neesha, I've always thought that Whiz is a good writer as well. In fact, he now writes for a living Shocked

Jerzey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Kiwean! It was a pleasure grouping with you too! Thanks for introducing us to the Walkers we met last night and making last night very fun. Smile Did you happen to get any of those biscuits and gravy? /grin

Wow, lots of replies! I'll have to find each one of you in game and say thanks for the warm greetings.

Heeler, you bring up a very good point about a Monk/Monk combo. Elsancho and I chatted about your message a little bit and he decided that he will resurrect his Shamy! Hehe, I think he decided to make a monk last night cuz he was envious of all the fun that I had on my previous one. Very Happy That and he wasn't too fond of the experience penalty that Barbs have. I figured the xp penalty works out well in my favor, because he tends to have more time to play. =) Oh, also as a side note; we have a 3rd account (due to a game cd defect) so we have a bot druid as well. Wink

www.monkly-business.com - I had used this site to figure out what to put my 20 bonus skill points into, which they recommended putting all 20 into Stamina - so I did. Was that a wise choice? Thanks for the other link as well. I'll be sure to bookmark it.

/wave to all that I have not met yet

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Stamina = HP
yes - good choice to put it into.

Monks are fun - even if they are very hard to level up, solo, etc. Some of us play the monk even through all of the nerfs. (since you were around before the nerf I won't go into it).

If you see any of my toons online give a yell. I personally am leveling up some alts and I think my lowest is my BL at 27. I could play my nephew's warrior (but try not to touch his toon).

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Female human monks >>> any other monk!!! Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: