The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
/guildremove Dantenx
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Bon change that dang sig man it is driving me nuts lol oh sorry to change the subject..

Marieann Soulrider Sorceress of Walkers

Lovelyeye Smith Lord Protector of Walkers

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~

Garlok

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Varthon wrote:
Just out of curiousity, if it is not a big deal, why are your posts longer then the freaking constitution?

Laughing

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, if it is not a big deal, why are your posts longer then the freaking constitution?

maybe he likes to write and there are people (like me) that read alot of the long posts too. Its also a way of getting to know a little about people reading their posts.

btw Varthon - change of subject again - did you make a magelo?
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

Varthon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject:

aye I did have a magelo, must have accidentily deleted the link when I took that ugly sig off Smile I'll get it back in there.

Varthon 68 Paladin(Retired)

Faedran 51 Shadow Knight(Retired)

Varthon Fireheart 42 Wizard(Retired) (Fennin Ro)

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

Varthon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Ok, that's better. As far as long posts, I guess I just like people to get to the point and not feel a need to submit a college essay to do it Smile

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Smile That might not be very far off.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Aoineko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Still an applicant so I really can't say how long my tag will take if it does go through. *is all hopeful-like* Anyways, I didn't get into the chat channel for weeks either and when I did I never got any groups from that. Chat channel may be good for some but I'm too little for it to do me any good. Confused Yes, I had the advantage of knowing someone in the guild but if he's hardly ever online at the same time or can't be bothered with tells at the time, it doesn't do much good. Sending random tells may or may not have helped; I will probably never know as I do not know who has voted for me (on the assumption that I got more than the 3 to get into the channel). All I'm saying is that I understand what you're going thru and those who know me can guarantee that patience isn't one of my virtues. Twisted Evil I've just been convinced (or conned, depends on how you look at it. Wink ) that this is a worthwhile family-like guild whose app process makes you giddy all over when it is done.

But I digress.... what I really wanted to comment on is what Varth has pointed out. It was so long I almost closed my browser. Razz

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Constitution

I am a writer (I've written over 300 pages of philosophy, 30 some odd poems for competition, and hudreds of pages of autobiographical stuff. I hope to eventually publish some of this. As of yet, the only thing I've copyrigted was a poem about a friend I had.)

http://www.fasterfind.com/greetings/fork/

Careful with that link, it's a tearjerker.

And I also write long posts because I know that if I were to say something without it being long and exhaustive, someone, somewhere, sometime, would take it the long way. So it's kinda like putting the explanations that would follow the original post, into the original post.

>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Walkers isn't a "typical" guild, we pride ourselves on the quality of people we have, and that's the reason this membership process has been in place as long as it has. And Walkers has NEVER recruited, at least not in the nearly 2 years I have been a member. So our process is never closed, it's always the same, for everyone.

When any guild reaches the point that they have the memberbase that they want and supply exceeds demand in the player department, active recruitment stops and to get in, you need to be a friend because nobody's out there in /ooc saying, "Join us." - At that point, they aren't recruiting. By that definition, the Walkers aren't recruiting. - but that wasn't the point I brought up at all.

I brought up that it might be a good idea to let other people know that. So to stay on topic, I'll just say it again. It might be a good idea to say somewhere, that the Walkers aren't recruiting - if you want in, you get in by having a friend, not by saying, "Hi, my name is bob, I'm an enchanter of the 65th level and have 120 AA points." - Strangerbob doesn't join Walkers - he should be good friends with a Walker for a long time first. Several Walkers have said that on this thread already. It's how things go.

But if Strangerbob doesn't know this stuff, he's going to approach it totally from the wrong angle and then be confused and frustrated and, stuff like that.

I did compare the process of joining a guild to a typical guild, but I didn't say that the Walkers were a typical guild, or that the process is closed, or that it's different for different people. That's going away from the specific statements I made and responding to stuff that is similiar, but is hitting the thumb instead of the nail.

Perhaps it could be different or more open, but I'll let other people debate about that because this is a long thread and anything that could have possibly been said or thought, on either side of the issue, has been covered at least twice. I'm grateful for all of the responses I've gotten because I've learned a lot and I've gained an understanding of where I am and what I need to do to persue this and how things work. I've learned lots of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise known. It's been good.

I've never been a fan of beatting dead horses though -and this thread has become one. Anything that anyone can think or say, has been said twice. I think it's a masterpiece and further work is unnecessary. At this point, any more brushstrokes would detract, rather than add to it's beauty.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

BlueMan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject:

There is no need to post anywhere that Walkers IS NOT recruiting. We have NOBODY out in ANY zone in /ooc recruiting anyone. In my 5 years on EQ I have never seen any /ooc for recruitment to walkers. Thats not saying there NEVER has been. Everyguild has to start out someway. And it may have just been a few good friends that made it like alot of the older guilds started.

As far as making a post to clear up the fact that WALKERS is NOT actively recruiting, ummm. NO. That is why this link is the very first thread you see in the General forum with a "STICKY" on it right there for ppl to read.

http://www.eqwalkers.com/viewtopic.php?t=6154

In that thread there are things like

"To become a member of Walkers, you'll need a minimum of 13 supporters. Three of these will have to know you well enough to nominate you for membership, and an additional 10 will have to be able to vouch for your nomination. [Updated to reflect changes in the membership policy as of 9/29/2004.] This is the largest drawback to our membership policy - you need as many Walkers friends as you can get."

As well as

"If you haven't done so already, I strongly suggest reading through our Charter forum which is open for everyone to read. Our guild charter and policies are posted there, in full. Read through this - you shouldn't come into membership having a question about what you're allowed to do. If you do have a question, ask it. Post it to our General forum, contact an officer in-game, or send me an e-mail: rnj13@usa.net. Please do not be afraid to communicate with us, whatever your needs are. "

In that is the link to the charter.

There is simply no need to post that we arent recruiting. And I see no way that ppl can mis understand this simply because there is NOT anyone in any zone saying /ooc WALKERS IS NOW RECRUITING, COME CHECK OUT OUR MB AND MAKE A POST

No there are other guilds that will give ppl a tag while in their app process. IMHO this is wrong. You get the tag, they decide that you arent said guild material, now there is bad blood. It kinda like getting fired or kicked out of the family.

If you can read this Thank a Teacher, If you can read this in English Thank a VET.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1048129

Varthon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject:

Blue...love the sig man, it's like giving me kind of a megadeth meets maiden feeling Very Happy sweeeeet

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

BlueMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

haha, I wanted to put in 2 small horns but love wont let me. Twisted Evil

If you can read this Thank a Teacher, If you can read this in English Thank a VET.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1048129

Varthon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject:

lol, oh come on, im sure you could convince her to let ya Razz

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject:

I am glad you find this funny. Yeah that's right. What makes you so certain? I could but let's get back to that later.

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: actually...

Actually, it's very easily misunderstood. Here's why:

When I read the stickies, I got the idea that it would be possible to get to know the Walkers quite easily. If the requirements are the way they are, then it must be easy to meet Walkers and get to know them well enough.

And I expected that there would be a channel or something to make ti easy, some sort of resource where I could group with and meet people on a daily basis. I don't think the existence of the app channel or the requirements for getting on it were addressed, nor was it addressed that the Walkers aren't "recruiting".

As you and several other people have stated - nobody's been doing the /OOC thing for years.... But that's not the point.

The point is:
1. It is good to clearly know if a guild is "recruiting".
2. If it's good to know something, it's good to tell people so they know.

The stickies do explain a bit, but there's more to know that should be known.... I think the wild popularity of this thread proved that point beyond question. This is further reinforced by the many questions that have been asked and have been answered, (But don't have answers anywhere else.) - I think some progress has been made that should be used.

A lot of good stuff to know is in this thread, but I don't think this thread is the right place for it. Maybe it should be in one of those stickies.

I think this thread needs to be locked, and then anything that is good to know - harvest it and put it with everything else goes that is good to know. After that, this post should probably be deleted because it has served it's positive purpose and lived a long life.

I know that I've presented myself in a pushy and even impolite fashion though this, but I did that with purpose. (Hope you can forgive me for that.) If I been timid, the post would have been shallow instead of deep and it wouldn't have been as directed. People gave long, thorough answers and they poured their hearts out here. A lot of thought and effort went into this and I think it's something that you can be proud of.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Last edited by fasterfind on Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Are we in the same category?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: