The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
What should low-level shamans be doing in groups?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

TheNerple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject:

Clearly you should be healing the ranger that fancies himself a tank, and slowing time Razz

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject:

My shammy is only 31 and has only been in a few groups. Mostly I 2 box him but when in a group I regen Main tank to help the cleric, slow the mob, and Buff/haste the melee. But the majority of the time it is SLOW everything.

I keep bear form and regen on me at ALL times. I have a hotkey setup that is /stand, /eat HP, /pause, /sit. I constantly do this to regain mana and then sit with Regen when no mob is agro on me. The problem I have had is sitting after a slow sometimes gets me the agro I didn't want.

I also still melee though I know those days will come to an end. My primary weapon is a spear with wisdom on it but I want to get a soulstripper (the one that procs 75 lifetap) because a friend of mine has one and that lifetap really helps.

I watched alot of the higher shamans go with HP gear so my shaman is HP/Stamina rich. I think I am around 1k hp unbuffed at 31 but my wis is only around 165. I don't have all of the focus items but have the extended DoT (burning afflication) and buff haste from GeBS.

Since you are root parking you are using your skill you learned as a wizard. I know because I haven't seen any other shamans park mobs unless they have their wolf pet.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Forgot to add in -

LDoN is fun at the lower levels except for the true newbs that I run into. The lower levels also gives me a chance to melee mobs and try out different classes.

Ask anyone how different it is to play Wizard vs. cleric vs. warrior vs. bard vs. etc.....
But my pally can out agro the warrior at will (love the stuns) and sometimes out agro the SK (without trying - not sure if there is a HATE pally added to some mobs). But my warrior can out damage my Pally on most mobs - not counting undead proccing because I just got that spell and haven't tried it out.

The zones are also fun in that if you mess up and you are with a good group it is unlikely you will die - except when someone opens a chest or hits a barrel. The trap there are KILLER - 2k dmg at level 29 from a trap is crazy.

Wamz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm not one of the greatest... But so far sounds like your doing a good job whiz.

Buffs, slows, debuffs, and the rest is up to you Smile

I would normally make sure i have buffs on myself so i can time the buffs on others, then slow mobs.. debuff.. send pet.

Or

same as above but, use your self melee buff and go in for lil action if your bored or nuke, But always save mana for back up heals. Before you go in meleeing make sure you have them mana and try not to get aggro.

If you slow to soon before 95 or 90% with debuffs , pet and you going to melee or nuke you will get aggro.

And if you get aggro... well atleast you can take more of a beating then a ranger would Laughing

Last edited by Wamz on Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Caniel Faithealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Hasting the clerics so we can use our summoned battle hammers. /nod Twisted Evil

papyscott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject:

haste AND dex please for Hamma time Smile

Papy

Actually haste adds next to nada, plus this only makes sense for clerics 56+. Oh and forget it all cause our dps sucks Laughing

Rocsalt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject:

One, any shaman whom doesn't/can't rootpark adds is worthless. SLOW is huge aggro, use it to pull mobs away and root.
Two, any shaman whom doesn't constantly canni is dumb.
Three, at level mid-30's your best at doing just what you're doing : SLOW, canni, buff, canni, heal, canni, canni, canni, repeat.
Other than that, all you need to do is learn ways to make it most efficient... push the envelope and see how much you can do before aggro is misplaced and stop. Don't underestimate the use of dmg dot's. If the mob doesn't die on average within 45 secpmds after you have slown then it's worth adding some in there if you can spare the mana and still be good enough for emergency mana use.

No Peeking
65 Monk

Caniel Faithealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Heya Papy -- I was mocking the hammah Razz

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I refuse to bow to Walker shaman tradition and use the word "slown," btw. Evil or Very Mad

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=slown

fieni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject:

just follow Kael's tradition if you are bored as a SHM: pull a train, run around, wash, rince and start again!
Or you can try another famous Kael occupation: helping a wizard quading.... Exclamation

Sindace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject:

/rsay (( %t )) has been slowed. Enough said Whiz~

Rocsalt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject:

I just do '/rs %t SLOW'

:p KISS method for me Surprised

No Peeking
65 Monk

Jaffod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject:

it is slowification Whiz

and when it lands, then the mob has been slowified

(similar with criplification, malorification etc)

you also Buffify and Hastify, except on rangers - they are too busy practicing deadification to waste mana on Wink

On a serious note - learn the canni dance - it is like the safety dance except you can wear a hat

my canni dance hotkey is

/stand
/cast 8 (canni is gem Cool
/pause xx
/sit

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject:

How much do you pause for?

Caniel Faithealer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject:

You want to time it so that on the 6th second of a "tick" you are sitting so that the sitting check for meditation catches you in the sitting position. It's hard to count on the pause for the right time to do the canni-dance - Canni - sit -- as soon as you see the tick complete - stand, rinse repeat.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: