The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kaycha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Update

What do you guys think about the new update stuff, I think personally the thing where we see on map where members of group are is a great addition. But I admit I thought the part where we can't combine anymore any ingredients or items that has been up to sale in bazaar is really stupid. Hehe and the corpse summoner won't be fooled anymore by shrouds, which will get more exp though. Decent patch but could be better I guess.

Can't wait to see Nektulos revamped and all this whole new Directx9.0c conversion. Smile

Tindirt
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject:

*** AAS ***

- Added the 8-year veteran reward Throne of Heroes, a gate ability that transports veterans to throne room in the guild lobby.

Should be the 10 yr reward considering most won't get it til that time Twisted Evil

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Hehe Tind Razz

Some of the changes look good, others so-so (like the renaming of the paladin aa from Pious Supplication to Improved Hand of Piety... I suppose that is so that people who don't read the descriptions of the AA's understand that it is the continuation to the Hand of Piety line ... *shrugs*

Quote:
- Made changes to the taunt formula at high levels. A level 60 character taunting an even con or higher level NPC will now use the character's taunt skill to determine success rate, similar to what occurs below level 60. The chance to taunt is roughly the same. In addition, the reduction in your chance to taunt creatures higher level than yourself now occurs at a slower rate and the minimum chance to taunt an NPC is higher. Also, you will now gain a bonus to your chance to taunt NPCs that are lower level than yourself. To go along with the change to use a character's taunt skill after level 60, paladins and shadowknights have had their taunt caps increased to match warriors and ranger's skill cap has been increased to 200.

So I am unclear on how the chance to taunt is roughly the same, yet it would seem that our chance to taunt creatures at a higher level than ourselves doesn't decrease as quickly as it used to (assuming that the larger the level difference the lower the chance to taunt). Perhaps they mean that your chance of actually executing a taunt attempt remains the same and then the chance that that attempt actually works goes up? Not sure ... their wording needs clarification.

Quote:
- Taunts that fail because of distance will no longer cause you to have to wait the cool down period before attempting to taunt again.

About time.

Quote:
- Ranged combat should behave much more consistently now.

Interested to see how this plays out with ranged stun agro being as it was FUBAR for quite some time. It may not affect it at all.

Let me know if any of you notice some changes!

Phinneas

Gildawen
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
- Made changes to the taunt formula at high levels. A level 60 character taunting an even con or higher level NPC will now use the character's taunt skill to determine success rate, similar to what occurs below level 60. The chance to taunt is roughly the same. In addition, the reduction in your chance to taunt creatures higher level than yourself now occurs at a slower rate and the minimum chance to taunt an NPC is higher. Also, you will now gain a bonus to your chance to taunt NPCs that are lower level than yourself. To go along with the change to use a character's taunt skill after level 60, paladins and shadowknights have had their taunt caps increased to match warriors and ranger's skill cap has been increased to 200.

Basically, there will be no difference in taunt success rate for plate tanks on even con mobs. It will succeed more often than before for both lower and higher con mobs. Ranger taunt success rate is now lower than before. Let's see if anyone notices Twisted Evil

Quote:
- Ranged combat should behave much more consistently now.

On this one, they removed the collision check for arrows, and maybe for thrown stuff, too. You now only need line-of-sight when you shoot, and the arrow will have a chance to hit. Before, besides needing LOS, arrows would poof if they hit people or pets in the way, or if the mob was too close to a wall.

I've heard that there was a change to the channel skill that makes it much more likely to get interrupted if you're hit. That might be a bad change for pallies and casters that solo. And for rangers that try to tank mobs they shouldn't Laughing

Tindirt
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

*** Maps ***

- Cartographers have been very busy. Numerous map fixes made. (Now when zoning into Nek you have a 50/50 chance of knowing where you are).

- The map window now has an option to display your group mates.
Very nice, but shouldn't some LAA be refunded.

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Aye a refund of Find path to PC would be a good thing /nods

Tindirt
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

- We've reverted the fix to channeling made with the last patch. After much discussion, our general feeling is that channeling has been broken for long enough that players have come to rely on that broken behavior as expected gameplay. For the time being, we've reverted back to that broken behavior and will address spell interrupts in general at a later date.

So they fix something only to break it again because its been broken so long that people didn't wouldn't know what to do when it was fixed. Rolling Eyes
Isn't that kind of like a doctor saying you have tonsilitis & we removed them but...you've had them all your life so we put them back because you might miss them Embarassed

Also just read on Alla's that not only are there new hot zones but they've added new npc's there that can call for help /shudder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: