The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
/guildremove Dantenx
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Jenny

Quote:
Are we in the same category?

Jenny, I think you may be right. Our styles can get strong reactions and we know it. Being blunt or daring enough to say something unpopular or confrontational can almost be beautiful sometimes. However, it can be an aquired taste.

Let's go at it, Jenny... I'm gonna flame you about that dress!
<(Flame moved to PM to protect the innocent and pure as Danten and Jenny go at it.)>

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject:

You must be very attractive.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Gronosette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Im not one for long posts so ill try to say alot in a short time. (but im sure my post will be picked to pieces and not taken to heart also)

fasterfind wrote:
The concept of weeding people 'out' is lost when people can't even get 'in'. I think this feels more like a secret society than a family. Families are open and they don't hide anything.

It takes over a month to get on an applicant channel where I can even talk to someone? - That shows a problem that nobody can deny. It's simply not good and there's no logical reason behind that.

Sorgaine wrote:
Our process of needing a sponsor and supporters is to weed out folks that wouldn't fit right into the Walkers. Walkers is a positive, family guild that likes to raid also.

I say, the best way without getting into the sending random tells thing is to do a /who lfg walker and invite walkers to join the groups your in. thats what i did when i was apping. There are other ways of getting in touch with the walkers but that requires a little trust from at least one walker. hearing its taken a month for you to get into the app channel makes me wonder why no one has stepped up to sponsor you. Ill bet its because no one in the Walkers that have met you feel they know you well enough to say "hey i know this guy and i want him to be in the guild". all i can say is....
fasterfind wrote:
That speaks volumes about character.

I agree the analigy of letting someone into your house isnt quite right here, its more like letting someone LIVE in your house, if you let someone move in and find out you dont like them very much then you have probleems that start making it so that the poeple that live there and have lived there for a long time want to move out, eventualy no one wants to live there and the house falls appart and rots.

I log in knowing that the people in the guild channel are my friends and family, it would suck realy bad to log in wondering if i could trust the people im talking to in guild chat or if they were gona rob me of loot or if they were just gona be a jerk in general. our application process has made it so that we dont have those kind of people in the guild.

Bonlainy wrote:
Walkers isn't a "typical" guild, we pride ourselves on the quality of people we have, and that's the reason this membership process has been in place as long as it has. And Walkers has NEVER recruited, at least not in the nearly 2 years I have been a member. So our process is never closed, it's always the same, for everyone.

fasterfind wrote:
When any guild reaches the point that they have the memberbase that they want and supply exceeds demand in the player department, active recruitment stops and to get in, you need to be a friend because nobody's out there in /ooc saying, "Join us." - At that point, they aren't recruiting. By that definition, the Walkers aren't recruiting.

..... Exactly Right, you need to be a Friend. I cant say i know much about peoples real lives, but i do know a little about some people. that doesnt stop me from knowing them in game and how they act and treat others or calling them friend.

fasterfind wrote:
The stickies do explain a bit, but there's more to know that should be known.... I think the wild popularity of this thread proved that point beyond question. This is further reinforced by the many questions that have been asked and have been answered, (But don't have answers anywhere else.) - I think some progress has been made that should be used.

The only posts here i have seen are yours, Walkers, and Aoineko who is an applicant and who has just found a Walker that will be looking for her. you may wana go back and read her post again, cause it speaks volumes about character.

fasterfind wrote:

The point is:
1. It is good to clearly know if a guild is "recruiting".
2. If it's good to know something, it's good to tell people so they know.

The only time to give out information is if someone asks. Did you? If so where is the issue?

fasterfind wrote:
When I read the stickies, I got the idea that it would be possible to get to know the Walkers quite easily. If the requirements are the way they are, then it must be easy to meet Walkers and get to know them well enough.

Jenny wrote:
Are we in the same category?

The answer is simple. We are the friends Category and it takes time and patience to join it. no great thing comes easy.

I would like to touch on a few other things. but as has been pointed out beating a dead horse doesnt get you anywhere, thanks for your interest in the guild and im sorry you have found that you dont fit with the walkers. but after reading all these posts i feel that may be for the best.

PS. well said walkers.

PPS.
Varthon wrote:
Just out of curiousity, if it is not a big deal, why are your posts longer then the freaking constitution?

ROFLMAO!!

PPPS. dammit now i went and made a long post. gona ruin my 1 line posting rep.

Some Days your the Bird
Some Days your the Statue

Varthon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject:

lol

Varthon 68 Paladin(Retired)

Faedran 51 Shadow Knight(Retired)

Varthon Fireheart 42 Wizard(Retired) (Fennin Ro)

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:

OMG Grono you have gained all new respect from me that Quote is a wonderful thing . That was one long post but done so beautifully. Very Happy

Marieann Soulrider Sorceress of Walkers

Lovelyeye Smith Lord Protector of Walkers

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was too.

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

aye jenny is was

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Are they exactly the same?

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject:

NO they are different but all are nice post

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Are you serious? different but all are nice post are different but all are nice post .

Lovelyeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject:

yes different but nice like you dress .. I like your dress by the way

Elyhim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject:

By sending tells and asking questions in game you may get name recognition that will find you recieving tells when Walkers are scanning through lfg's

fasterfind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: wow

Could this have become the topic with the most posts? LOL - I kinda feel like an ass for it all, I was a real antagonist.

In an unrelated story I've become recognized by some as the KEI guy - even had a few requests from people I didn't know (while I was /roleplaying) so, word of my deeds must be spreading. You KNOW I'm an enchanter, and I cannot hide! - Find the zone where I'm hiding and KEI is free. Find Waldo and I'll /cheer for you.

RL Computer Tech

Brakiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject:

Nice post, Grono! If Walkers were recruiting, we'd post it. Since we are not, I see no reason to say, "We are not accepting applicants at this time", which we have done so, once or twice in the past. Due to that, I see no reason for us to post, "We are/are not accepting applications at this time" since we have NO application forum to begin with =p

fasterfind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Board 2 month anniversary

Coming up this Sunday, see you ingame.

Revisited this to see the latest posts. Suprised to see people still hot about the post, but maybe they didn't read it in it's entirity so they don't know it's over, I know I wouldn't read the whole thing.

RL Computer Tech

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: