The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Plat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Plat

Wow, the market died this last week. IGE is overstocked on all servers, but as a 24/7 merchant, I haven't seen too much of a shift showing everybody leaving the game or anyone buying a lot of stuff because there's a new exploit that's popular. So I'm thinking someone found an exploit that they aren't sharing with the general populace. Eventually, EQ will nerf'm and I think the economy will recover. Until then expect it to be cheap for a few weeks or so.

IGE never stocks up more than a few million plat per server, so when the ploit gets nerfed, prices should return fairly quickly unless the exploiter(s) make a big stockpile.

I think exploitation is happening because other market things that I watch aren't showing red flags, but suddenly ALL servers are overstocked. Usually, every server has moderately different rates. Right now, the economy should be strong because to get every rune for OOW expansion, ya gotta drop about a million plat and anyone with big plat is probably going to take that route. So there's great potential for the farmers and regular players to whore their time on the market. Not to mention lots of new items.

NE way, lemme hear your speclations, those are mine. Do you think the EQ economy is crashing, and will it recover?

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Magestica

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject:

Isn't IGE one of those places that people go to buy Plat? Isn't that an exploit itself?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Elyhim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject:

Why would i ever buy something in my fantasy world..

Capitalist! You've ruined your own lands, You'll not ruin mine!

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: LOL

Yes, I think it is a bit of an exploit to buy plat from other players. But it's kinda natural, stuff stays in the game. Equipment + plat. If players didn't feel compelled to sell it, then they'd give it to their friends (which I suppose really is the richer thing to do - Imagine if all the friends that ever left the game busted out handmedowns. That would be so appreciated.)

And if everybody that ever left the game, sold out, that would totally suck. So I'm not against anyone that doesn't support that. I think fine yin-yang balance is what's needed most. Keep everybody happy and enjoying the game and having the best experience they can.

Responding to the other post, Yes, IGE is the place where people buy and sell things Everquest. Now I feel bad because I broke a rule - shouldn't have mentioned a website like that by name. My slip up. I check the prices there about once a week since it's an economic indicator. I also watch to see how many accounts are being auctioned - Im' happy to see that numbers haven't jumped much in that category - that means people aren't leaving the game in a mass exodus - Everquest LIVES!!

I watch a lot of different indicators. LIke lately, big items such as BoC, AoN, etc are all about 1/3 less in price. I think that's because people are buying runes, and a few are heading out to EQ2, but I think the majority of players are here to stay in EQ1 since there hasn't been any stock market crash kind of prices in the bazaar.

RL Computer Tech

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: capitalism

Capitalist! You've ruined your own lands, You'll not ruin mine!

I liked that statement! =)

I could just see other countries saying that to us some day when the sun and system that is our economy, begins to collapse in on itself, into a vacuum of a black hole because it was too overinflated and we were living beyond our needs and were too greedy to slow down and just be good to each other.

I think most people are great to each other, but corporate entities can be pretty brutal and it's sad to see damage or enhanced poverty at a cost of profit.

I think capitalism is a good system, but it needs better regulation to prevent it from becoming monopolism.

RL Computer Tech

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: confessions

I once bought something in a fantasy world. I think the motivation goes like this, "Hey, it's my entertainment X hours out of the day, and item Z only costs me Y hours of work... so matha matha math.... hmmm, oh what the hell, I'll buy it."

I think it's kinda funny myself. Even though I'm guilty of having done it. That was my motivation anyway. I spend hobby money sparingly. For those guys that spend EVERYTHING on everquest, I would gladly offer them councelling.

RL Computer Tech

fasterfind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: items

I think it's the time thing. When 1 hour of work saves 10 hours of game downtime where it's the meaningless point and click kind of stuff like camping an ultra rare item that never drops. it's easy to justify it by thinking, "that's 9 more hours that I get to play the game in a fun way instead of a work way."

RL Computer Tech

Garlok

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject:

The exploit is people are leaving to WoW and/or EQ2 for now and nobody wants to buy the plat.

Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Who told you that?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: