The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
SOE backflagging help on the way?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: SOE backflagging help on the way?

Let's hope so.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?p=523680

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject:

Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Cirrobin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject:

Did someone at SoE suddenly develop a brain? The rewards to be gained in Gates and now OoW suprpass those from EP, and on the high end encounters, even Time.

So why would anyone want to bother with a PoP tier 1, 2 or 3 mob these days? I know I don't.

I think the folks at SoE might finally get it, the Everquest community is sick of PoP progression and all it entails.

Also, I think they see the decline in EQ subscriptions and are making plans to make advancement easier (if not flat out possible) for those that remain in the game.

Just my 2cp.

Geadiin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Without reading the article yet, I'm not sure what's going on. I sort of have mixed feelings about this...

On one hand, I'll be glad to finally have access to some of the zones I've been restricted from. On the other hand, after all the work we've spent to get this far, will feel like it's been in vain. I am just one flag away from Sol Ro tower and EP, and I wouldn't mind earning it. Especially if that means having fewer people entering the zones.

OOW has had alot of nice rewards lately, but I'm so tired of having too many people in the zones arguing over camps, camp stealing, or whatever goes on when you have too many people all after the same thing.

Does anyone remember plane of valor when they loosened the restrictions to enter the zone? I do, because I was not able to get in until they opened the level restriction. Boy, I can remember the people who had been in the zone with flags already and how bad they complained that now any Tom, Dick, and Harry could get in to the zone. I was Harry Wink And I could fully understand why they didn't like the sudden influx of clueless people (like myself) flooding the zone.

All of my EQ career, I've been on the trailing edge of progression and it kind of stinks. I know I'll never be uber, and that's ok. But I wouldn't mind being able to gain access to zones before they're given out like election campaign pamphlets. I'd like to have some nice gear before it's so common that everyone has it and has moved on to stuff 3 levels better.

As challenging as the POP flags have been, it gave me something to look forward to. It gave me a reason to want to raid every week. It gave me a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. I love doing quests and it was another quest to me.

Sorry for rambling on...

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject:

"Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult" -- HAL.

Geadiin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject:

After skimming over the article, it sounds like it still involves quests or something. That's not so bad. It would be nicer than requiring raids that not everyone can get.

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I like the old system, but I know it was a serious pain to those who couldn't raid often, I personally enjoyed most PoP raids, even Carprin. From the little snippet I read I am wondering if they just allow keys to certain zones but the killing progression still has to be done? I guess it's just wait and see.

Jenny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Who or what is the little snippet I read I am wondering if they just allow keys to certain zones but the killing progression still has to be done?

Grubbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject:

My one and only problem with this *NOT* happening ... I have already put out WAY to muhc money for expansions that I cannot use. I have gone back and tried to find ANYTHING that told me I would have to spend more time playing the game, then work to be able to get the full content of the new zones. PoP was a complete waste of money to me. Gates even bigger. OoW? Don't know, spent alittle time there, didn't really care to be one-hit-killed by green/light blue mobs. LDoN is almost non-existant anymore. LoY was an excellent expansion for me. Hated Luclin. Everything before it, love the old world content.

Maybe I have been playing too long ... add questt-flags for PoP progression? Cool. Bring'em on! I highly doubt they will be easy.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1092597

Grubbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Re-read my post:

1) Don't want it to be easy either ( was thinking of easy ebing less than a 4 hour marathon to accomplish the task)

2) I REALLY would like to see some of the progression quests.

3) I didn't want t sound like I did, long day, new bunkbeds, bad day from eye-opening /sigh

Either way, I hope something gets done. Would be really nice to get some use out of the PoP and GoD expanions.

Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Just three?

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject:

Reread the posts on the forums. There is mention that a boss mob or other mobs in the zone will drop and item. That item is then used to Back flag others via a quest. Item will be tradeable.

I will try to find the posts on the sony sites that mentioned that.
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

Grubbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:

I have read that, it does sound promising for quite a few people I have conversed with. If it is droppable, then it will likely be sold in the bazaar by the people who farm it. Which will pretty much offset the whole idea of doing it. Still though, it is an acceptable alternative to 60-80 people to get to most of the content in the higher end zones

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject:

DADDY JUST WANTS TO SEE THE TOWER OF SOLUSEK RO!

And, um, pee on one of his rugs.

Heelar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Whle I afree this is a good idea, having the peices be droppable would be just stupid. Then you'd have the uber end-game people farming these mobs just for their shards or stones or whatever, not only stopping individuals from getting them, but halting entire guilds from killing these things.. I can't imagine how much a free-ride to PoE would go for on Player Auctions, hundreds of dollars no doubt.

Heelar Salvavidas Grasalak Scorpse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: