The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Good WoW vs EQ2 comparison article

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Good WoW vs EQ2 comparison article

http://www.gamergod.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=101

Quote:
If you play a lot and love to socialize, EQ2 will give you a game where players are looking to group and a game that gives you plenty to do for a very, very long time as progress. It is slow enough to keep you doing new things to improve yourself, but fast enough to keep you excited your playing.

If you play when you can and have limited time to be in-game or enjoy being able to log in and just go, without worrying if you get a group or not, then World of Warcraft is a great game for you. You still have friends and guilds, but you are not dependant on them to get the 'big stuff' done. Well, at least not all of it.

In short, both games will be huge successes. Both companies have really outdone themselves and, for the first time in years, both games will release without to many issues. Both are definitely fun to be in and be a part of. You just have to ask yourself a couple questions in deciding which one is for you.

I do think both of these will be big successes. I suspect WoW will be the successor to CoH for one part of the community and EQ2 will succeed EQ1 for many of the rest.

I intend to check both of them out (hey, there's an inn named "Whizbang!"), but given that I don't get home most Friday nights until after 9 (at least during election season), I suspect a slow and group-intensive EQ2 might not work for me in the long run. (Hell, I keep wishing I could pay for a day of CoH play when I had time, since I haven't even had time to play WoW in almost two weeks now ...)

Kanwer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject:

The inn is called Whizbang's Dreamland. Very Happy

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Heelar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Easy, quick and dirty comparison.
EQ2 is made by SoE. SoE is an evil company that doesn't care about it's customers and had never managed/created/procuced a PC game before EQ.
WoW is made by Blizzard which is an amazing company with a long tradition of the most polished, fun and bug-free games.

I'm playing the EQ2 beta and actually enjoying it some, but I'll never subscribe to another SoE product.

Heelar Salvavidas Grasalak Scorpse

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kanwer wrote:
The inn is called Whizbang's Dreamland. Very Happy

I've never seen a screenshot, so I don't knoooooow!

Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

And called Whizbang's Dreamland is [quoteKanwer]The inn.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: