The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
HEPL !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jaelin Irsei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject:

Blackcastle you say you have 2 512mb sticks. One of them might be going bad. I've had this before. Remove 1 and run EQ if you still crash switch it with the other. If you still crash after that then I would suggest a reformat and re-install (didn't see where you tried that).

Hmmmmmm Just thought of something else; have you scanned your drives for bad sectors? Specifically the drive where your swap files are stored? Could be Windows is trying to write to the swap file and hitting a bad sector. Just a guess. I always store my swapfile on a separate partition.

55 Wizard
Member of Sacred Circle of Life
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never incur the wrath of a wizard. It could get messy. Dang, Snared myself again.

BlackCastle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject:

I posted I have reformatted my hard drive 3 times. (Number 6, new drive and reformat). I am interested in the memory swapping and down-grading to 512 megs theory, I will give it a shot when i get home tonight! I opted not to go with a separate partition this time for the swap file. Which reminds me, I think you can increase the size of the swap file right?...Im going to give that a shot as well, thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming!

Thanks,
BC

BlackCastle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject:

My problem could be solved! I havent crashed 1 time in 3 days! Guess what, I did the memory swap, it crashed with 1 stick in the first slot, so I switched to the second stick in the 2nd slot, and so far no crashes. I am hesitant to put the memory stick back in to see if it was the stick or slot, because I like not crashing, heh. I just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion, I assumed that since the memory was 3 months old that it would not be the culprite, thats what I get for assuming! Thanks for your suggestions.

Ahhhhh, now I can relax.
BC

Jaelin Irsei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Glad you finally got it working.

55 Wizard
Member of Sacred Circle of Life
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never incur the wrath of a wizard. It could get messy. Dang, Snared myself again.

BlackCastle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject:

In my search to find the problem I think I identified a bad router on the Cox Communications network. So, they are investigating a router on the west coast. After they get the router fixed, I should be smoooooooth sailing!

Peace.

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: datarate

look for the datarate file in EQ directory and try reducing the number. This has been known to reduce and elliminate many lag problems. It will make you zone slower because you're exchanging less data per second with the EQ servers, but it will also make your system less likely to hyperventilate when it encounters variance in throughput.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: raid lag

SOmeone said they lag during raids.

One of the #1 causes or raid lag, which is hard to believe, but can be proven in the bazaar, is the names.

type /shownames 1

and you'll only display first names, no surnames or guildtags.
Doing this VASTLY reduces videolag.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: