The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
just wondering.......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Taylar Woodswalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: just wondering.......

Hi all. I'm not a Walker member.....yet, but was wondering the following:

1. Does anybody use a microphone and the voice commands? If so, how do they like it? Is it worth the trouble?

2. Does anybody use one of the gamepads? If so, which one? And, again, how do they like it?

I currently play with the mouse in my left hand to click the hot keys, etc., right hand on keyboard to operated the direcional keys. I'm just looking to see if I can get everything to work a little smoother.

Thanks for any input.

Tay

Talvarien

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject:

I use the Gravis Gamepad Eliminator Pro. It allows me to map a key to a repeat cycle, which means archery can be auto-attack instead of me pounding the '4' key all night. I also have assist mapped to it as well, so when we're in a camp, I can just use the gamepad until I want to type a message.

tal

PH@T L3WTS

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject:

I think Oldneil used to use a voice command because once in awhile it would say on screen "play winamp". We didn't talk much about it because with me 2 boxing voice command wouldn't work that well cause I would be yelling at one box while really being on the other box. You might ask Oldneil or Paven when you see them on - Paven might know something about it.

I personally use the mouse or hotkeyed assist to target the mob and the hotkeys or ALT-# to cast. I have looked at the game pad just for the purpose of hotkeying certain things like NUKE or HEAL. I think that is all I do anyway - but I am also a chatter box while playing (except when the baby is in my arms then its typing with one hand and that gets slow).
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: wondering

Interesting thing to wonder. I've wondered about voice commands as well.

I wanna see some voice macros come out!

It is my dream that I will one day play without ever having to glance at the keyboard or allow my right hand to leave the mouse. Might look into gamepads later this year. If I do, I'll probably post something about it, somewhere, sometime....

Any other gamepad users out there? I wanna hear you brag about how godly it is. Make me buy one too. Tell me your stories.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: