The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
How to remove auto joined channel ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Torizzt Darkwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: How to remove auto joined channel ?

When I was in my last guild we had auto joined our app channel and now that Im out of that guild I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to change this as its alittle old every time I log on I have to leave that channel. Any suggestions ?

Torizzt Darkwolf

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject:

The easiest way to fix it is just to set new autojoin channels.

/autojoin serverwide.cyber:gnomesex

will wipe your current autojoin list and add this in it's place.

I'm sure there's other ways to remove them, like eqclient.ini (I think that's where they are stored), or some other in-game command.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kanwer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject:

Safest way to do this is to do it in your ini file.

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: answer

Basically, you just need to change the set of autojoined channels by running the /autojoin command again, but omitting the channels you nolonger want in your set.

I like to have autojoin set as a hotbutton on my actions panel. I dig it up when I want it and doing it this way keeps track of my list for me. Also, I can easily delete a channel from the list and then hit the button. So if I'm autojoined to 12 channels, I don't have to type /autojoin channel1,channel2,channel3.... that gets to be a lot of typing.

So reduce typing, reduce record keeping, make an autojoin button. = )

I do this a lot actually, I keep track of game stuff using social buttons instead of paper and pencil, or notepad files, etc. etc. You get 100 buttons, and even as an enchanter that uses 60 for playing, that still leaves many for notes, data, etc.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: