The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Dantenx Guildseeker - appliicant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Dantenx Guildseeker - appliicant

Applicant board is locked, but I wanted to make my presence known and also give props to the Walkers [reason follows] I also am seeking feedback on how to best meet the necessary requirements outlined on this site.

I grouped with 5 walkers today and found it to be not only the best functioning group I've found since migrating to Vazaelle, but the group with the best comraderie and general enjoyment of the game and each other. It took me back to the days of Original Everquest.

I was told I should visit the site and read up a little bit to learn if this is my kind of guild or not, so here I am.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If all walkers are like the ones I met tonight, then I hope to spend more time grouping. It may take me a period of months to get 13 nominations because I group rather randomly (through LFG). I would like to know if there's a public channel that would help me get to know the Walkers and also join groups with them.

If not -then maybe someone will read this post and have a suggestion on how it's possible to group enough in order to become as well known as is necessary.

It's nice to see a strong guild that bases it's membership decisions on character instead of being the highest level possible with 200+ AAs and daily raid attendance -you know the type. I actually feel comfortable talking about myself and the game more than pure stats, but for the record...

65 ENC, newly starting the AAs. Few keys. Casual gamer. Hardcore trader (I brought Sellyourstuff to the Vazaelle Bazaar with 7 mules carrying 5mil + of merchandise and I liked the server so I'm keeping Danten here for play. Vaz has been his home for over a month now and it's the best server I've visited when it comes to playability so if you're thinking of migrating... don't, it's really good here.)

I've written a 15+ pg report on the art of running the bazaar and I've climbed the ranks from peon to top-3 traders on 2 servers. In fewer words, I'm pretty experienced and am willing to share most of my knowledge pretty freely.

I also have experience setting up macros for multiboxing but never wrote any guides on it because so few people multibox. For last guild, I was the guy that got all the questions.

Webdesign is the last of my abilities that relate to the game or guild assets. I laid out the groundwork for Blade of the Dragon's site (Maelin Starpyre) I was also instrumental in ousting their previous leader... not something that is normally a good thing, but this guy was taking loans from players that trusted him, and pretty much embezzling from his friends and guildmates. I carefully gathered a little evidence and started the movement that lead to new, improved leadership with higher morals. (Just a little thing that shows I care about my guilds.)

That's about it for my game experience. I played original EQ for a few months when it first came out, then returned to the game last Winter when my friends couldn't stop talking about it. EQ has been very good to me so I plan to stay active until it fades into the pages of history.

I've been expanding my LAN, and within 3 months I'm hoping to have 3-4 good systems dedicated for the fun side of EQ. 6boxing would be a little lame due to predictable group interaction, but 3-4 sounds like a lot of fun. (And I could form groups reeeely fast too!)

Judging by the playing ability I've seen, I won't be surprised if I'd have cohorts in the multiboxing department. If so, then we could probably learn a lot from each other. -I'm going to be experimenting with different system setups to find my own suggested system requirements for how many instances of EQ can run well on one computer using varying degrees of RAM, onboard video vs offboard, FSB speeds, SDRAM vs DDR, etc. etc. etc. -So far, it seems that if there's any published results on this, it's pretty well hidden.

Following advice from websites, I've found that I can run a few instances near laglessly on a midgrade system by tweaking the right game settings. Without tweaking, just two instances used to bring my system to a crawl. Best info is found --- I'll hold off on plugs for websites right now, just remembered that. Will save it for another time.

It's 2AM and I'm offtopic so I'll just bring this to a close by saying I look forward to more groups with the Walkers, especially if they are like the group I joined tonight.

PS. And please don't forget, I need to know if there's a public channel or anything to help the process of getting familiar or this will take me forever through the process of random LFGing and casual playing. (With college, there are some weeks that I only log on to play a few times a week other than the weekend. ) If you feel like sending a tell ingame, Sellyourstuff is my Vazaelle trader that's almost 24/7.

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject:

Dantenx,

It was nice having you in our group tonight. Please feel free to add me to your friends list and send me a tell when you are online. As for our guild, once you have a sponsor for your membership, you will gain access to our apps channel. Until then, please feel free to send me a tell in game and I can try to introduce you to a few others in the guild. Have a great day and see you online!

Phinneas

Varthon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject:

You can also feel free to add me as well, from grouping tonite, i'd like to get to know ya a little more.

Varthon 68 Paladin(Retired)

Faedran 51 Shadow Knight(Retired)

Varthon Fireheart 42 Wizard(Retired) (Fennin Ro)

Nohtrav 30 Monk(Retired)

Roladoc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject:

HIya Fasterfind. Obviously you have found the nice friendly members of Walkers. Now there is Doc, the Hairy. Rrrrrrr. Ok enough of intimidation. Glad to see your post and your willingness to get to know us and we you. Send me a tell in game and I would be happy to group up or help you find a Walkers group so you can get to know more people.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject:

Why now? There sure is.

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

Ratbart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If all walkers are like the ones I met tonight, then I hope to spend more time grouping.

You actualy got lucky and met some of the better smelling ones. Wink And yes, Doc is very hairy.

Ratbart 66 Necro (Retired)
Yarclic 57 Cleric (Retired)
Yalton 52 Rogue (Retired)

Heelar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see your interest here, Dan. From the group last night, it seems you shouldn't have problems making friends with Walkers. Like Phinn said, once you get to know ne of us well enough that they're comfortable sponsoring you, you'll get access to the applicants channel, but intil then I'l throw you on my friends list and keep ya in mind for groups, etc..
It's interesting to se someone that's more (or at least as) interested in the economics of EQ than they are in playing the game. Before moving, I was fairly heavy into Baz trading too, but never dealt with more than 100,000pp or so. The EQ economy is just so unique, it's really too bad about the plat dupers a few months ago messin it up.
Anyway, I'm babbling. Keep an eye out for me in game!

Heelar Salvavidas Grasalak Scorpse

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Plat dupers

Heh, I never even noticed there was any plat duping going on a few months ago. Economy has felt quite strong during my period of trading. (I got heavy about 4 months ago.) But if there was an insurgence of duping, it could explain why I was making plat hand over fist for the last two months, but things are cooling down now. I remember reading a few ancient posts that alluded to plat duping, but I thought EQ had nipped that one in the bud eons ago.

Thankyou everyone for inviting me to add you to my friends list, I've done that and I'll be in touch =)

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Right now? And. If there ever is, I will let you know.

fasterfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Yes

Yup, Jenny, right now. So when am I going to meet your AI ingame? I think I'd like to group with you as well if just for the entertainment. You're kinda cute too. I want to see more polygonal models like Jenny - got a that midevil punk look DOWN!

Heh, I can only imagine what it would be like the day that bots start playing EQ. I could just see the human players going to war with them to take back popular camps.

RL Computer Tech
The geek shall inherit the earth.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Come on. Maybe when you are a few years older.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: