The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Video Issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Talvarien

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Video Issue

Ok, experts come hither!

Randomly, but most often after I zone, my entire screen starts flickering, textures start dropping and my UI vanishes. Eventually, all that is left of the zone I'm in is the sky, which surrounds me completely. The only fix is to restart and wait till it happens again.

I do not think my video card is bad, because everything else works fine, whether it be graphics programs (photoshop,etc) or other games, such as Worlds of Warcraft.

I have a Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti500, with drivers up-to-date (I check all the time) and I have the DirectX 9 (c) or whatever is their most recent version as well.

Any suggestions?

Bill/Talv

PH@T L3WTS

Cirrobin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject:

I was having the same symptoms, but mine was triggered by me attempting to toggle in or out of windowed mode.

I had an Nvidia G2 64 mb card.

The system and graphics were fine even when I played Doom II, but EQ was a royal PitA. I unistalled my video drivers, loaded a new AGP driver, reinstalled EQ, none of theses worked...

I bought a new video card, an ATI 9200, the probelm hasn't reoccurred.

I put the old card in a second system I have and it worked like a champ, even in EQ. However, the second system does NOT have OoW.

This isn't necessarily a solution but might spark an idea in someone else.

ElSancho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Try updating your vid drivers first off:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

If that doesnt do it try updating your directX:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2
(you will want DirectX 9b, although it looks like C is out I havent read up on it as of yet so I would stay with 9b for now.

try a few other games, if your problem isnt constant with ALL games during that type of situation then its most likely the game itself, uninstall and reinstall the game if all else fails.

Go to your device manager and remove your video card. Completely remove the device from your PC then restart.

When you restart it will detect the vid card and prompt for drivers .(assuming you have XP) make sure if the nvidia drivers you downloaded were zipped that you unzipped them and made a temp folder for them. point the browser to the new vid drivers you downloaded and placed int he C: drive. PRESTO!

Good luck!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ElSancho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject:

Looks like DX9c is in...If you plan to play WoW you will need to upgrade it eventually inorder to play Wink

Cheers!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: