The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Rather unusual post…Inquiring within
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Jerzey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Rather unusual post…Inquiring within

Greetings Walkers,
I stumbled upon your site while researching EQ info a couple weeks ago and have been lurking around your forum since. The way you all interact with one another is what has kept me returning. The main reason for this post is to find out if this would be the right guild for us (us = my fiancé and I). Unfortunately, we do not play on the Vazaelle server, but the Tunare server. We are willing to move to the Vazaelle server. Why? Because it’s the people you play with that makes the game great more so than the game.

Here are a few things we are looking for in a guild:

Good Communication
*Active Forums (fantastic forums you have here, btw)
*A chat program such as TeamSpeak
*Maybe an IRC channel (not important, but nice / fun to have to make the day pass by at work faster or plan guild events)

*Honorable / Respectful / Mature / Friendly

*Little to No Drama, save it for mama.

*Lots of guild hunts (more so playing together with others in the guild)

We are overall looking for good times. Being “uber” is not our primary goal, but having a good time. Don’t get me wrong, I want to reach the top as much as the next guy, but having fun on the way is more important.

I don’t really care for guild ranks, such as officers, members, peons, etc that I need to take orders from or the such. I personally hate feeling above anyone else. I like to see the guild decide on issues as a whole.

We are not looking to be in a guild that “/shouts now recruiting…”. You never know who you’ll end up with and it creates too much drama.

Hopefully you’re not against newbies to the game. We started playing EQ a few weeks ago. We are not looking for a handout or power level incase that’s what you were thinking. Wink I noticed most everyone here seems to be level 60+. Should we wait until we are bigger to apply?

Also as a heads up, I like to pick on others all in good fun, never implying to be hurtful or mean in anyway. It’s just one of my ways of saying that I’m thinking about ya.

A little info about our toons on Tunare and us:
Me = 24 Monk
Fiancé = 23 Shaman

I am 23 years old and my fiancé is 26. We game pretty much every night around 9pm – 2am EST.

Thank you for your feed back and sorry for such a long post Wink

BonlainyT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Hi Jerzey.

That is for sure an interesting post, but a good one. Walkers has been around on Vazaelle pretty much since the server started, and has remained a guild of quality people for the entire time. The reason for that is that Walkers doesn't recruit, except perhaps people telling their friends/family about us after they are in. Walkers is very picky about who becomes members (ignore Blueman, I had to agree to let him in to get Lovelyeye Twisted Evil ) and our membership process is in depth, just read our charter and you can see for yourself.

As for what you are looking for in a guild I will hit on them:

Communication - this is what makes us strong, we get to know each other very well and it makes things go very smoothly. You have only scratched the suface with our general forums, our member only sections are ripe with discussion, information and frivolity. We don't use TeamSpeak or any other voice communication as a guild but some members have in the past and really like it, although I don't see us going to that as a requirement. IRC, Yahoo, etc people usually put in their profiles so out of game communication is possible, I know I talk to lots of Walkers through YIM, AIM, WIM.

Our membership prides ourselves on honor, respect and a family atmosphere, in fact we consider ourselves a family more than a guild. We are a very mature guild as well, for the most part (see Blueman post above Smile ) and take pride in that.

Drama happens, but very seldom here, in fact the current damn guild leader causes most of the drama, not the members.

We raid but are not a raid guild, there are no requirements for people to attend raids if they are not in the mood to do it. However we usually have a great turn out and when we do we are good at it.

Walkers is a democratic guild, the leader's job is pretty easy, because the members make the decisions as a group. Yes that can be tedious and time consuming but it works and has for awhile now.

Well, there is a bit more about us, not sure if it helps or hinders but it's a bit more detail. The membership process is outlined thoroughly in our charter so you can see what it takes to become a Walker.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Does it have any other purpose?

"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

mature? Who said that?

Our leader does have alot to say and control - its whether we listen that makes it work. We also give the raid leader alot of control during the raids. Overall the officers get the dirty work and we really do appreciate them doing it. In fact they have done some things that I never would have thought of and I would do just about anything for them or other members of Walkers or friends.

Getting to know alot of the walkers is the hardest part. But levels help alot here but not required because we all (or almost all) play alts also.

The only mandatory raid is the one that you schedule - you better be there. But when we do get a good turn out we do some amazing things - even if we have been told that we couldn't accomplish it.

I love the guild chatter and late nights comments are sometimes so funny they bring tears to my eyes.

If you want - create a new toon on Vaz and send someone a tell. The only bad times is when they are busy (ie. training the raid, training the group, killing the chanter, you know - normal things).

PS: forgot to mention that you must get used to the forum bot - Jenny. She is so fun sometimes -- just ask her and she will respond (most of the time).
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

Trezark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, she'll talk your ear off. Isn't that right, Jenny?

Trezark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, she'll talk your ear off. Isn't that right, Jenny?

Edit: And you don't even have to double post to do it. Bleh, I thought the boards protected us from looking foolish like that!

Last edited by Trezark on Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject:

double double posts are evil

So what color is your Dress jenny? did you get that new lingerie line online yet?

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Where would I get that new lingerie line online? But I do have A lot of friends on the web.

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Jerzey,

Great to hear that you find our boards fun hehe. Many of us have lvl 20-30 alts so there is some opportunity to group with us, though usually we are on our main characters.

You may consider creating some new chars on Vazaelle to see if you like the server and perhaps chat with some of us before you thing about paying to have your chars transfered.

Welcome to eq Razz Feel free to send me tells in game if you have any question.

Phinneas

Phinneas
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Lol btw Jerzey meet Jenny, our crazy and goofy forum bot Razz

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:

I am glad you find this funny. OK. There's someone behind you.

Jerzey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject:

double posts make baby jesus cry Wink

Jenny is quite the character, hehe.

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are fast! A lot of good feedback.

I read through the charter and it sounds like good stuff. Although, I have a question about the original statement of intent. It states that the ranks include Orge's, Dark Elves, and Iskar. Is this still a requirement now a days?

I think I'm kind of confused about raids or when you use the term raid. I presume this is not normal grouping together to let's say...fight the gnoll's at Butcher Block?

You mentioned Zigon, that you love the guild chatter and late nights comments. This is also a favorite of mine, that and the occasional MT that turns a lot of heads Laughing

Jenny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject:

How many good feedback? Oh. Go ahead, ask your question.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: