The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Another reformatting question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Kanwer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject:

WOOT! It finally works! Now to load my antivirus and then my network and get Windows Update done so I can load EQ. I'll let you know if I run into any problems during this.

A HUGE thanks goes out to Shiloch and Daneloire for all your help! I am pretty computer savvy, but this one threw me for a loop.

Kanwer Howlingwolf-Storm Warden-Retired

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Mystyx Dreamz-51st Season Shadow Knight-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm glad you're up and running!

-Shane

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

tenri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Woot the walkers computer gods have done there thing again to help us computer impaired peeps

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kanwer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I found out I had a bad XP Pro disc and had to go get another one and redo the install. It went without a hitch and I have it up and running. I do have a couple questions for the computer gods out there...

* I don't have an A drive now. If I put a disc in, I get a message asking if I want to reformat the disc. It won't read anything. I went into my BIOS and it shows the drive there, but it's not an option in the boot up options.

* How do I get rid of the bubble that pops up on my taskbar whenever something is active, such as the one that says "Your wireless connection is good?" I've removed it before on mine and Neff's puter, but don't remember how.

Thanks guys! Very Happy Very Happy

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kanwer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject:

/BUMP!

Anyone able to help on my last two questions?

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm uncertain on the floppy drive. Try proceeding with the format on one of the disks and see if it will read afterwards.

I guess it is possible that the drive has finally gone bad, to which end you might try to replace it. A floppy drive isn't really an expensive part, but you'll probably have to order it from someplace and pay shipping. Sad

I'd ask yourself if it is really that big of an issue. I rarely use my floppy drive anymore, and you said yourself that you have the thumbdrive. If it isn't that big of an issue for you anymore, just unplug the cables from the drive inside the computer to keep it from ruining any of your good disks and forget about it.

As far as the wireless connection bubble, I'm not certain on that either. I don't use any wireless equipment where I work and I don't use it at home, I only have a small amount of experience repairing it and a bit of training on it. My guess is that the option to display the connection must be checked in your network properties, probably attached to your wireless adapter someplace.

Start > Control Planel > Network and Internet Connections

Network Connections

There will probably be a listing for Wireless LAN, or Local Area Network, or something similar. Right-click on it, select Properties.

For wired adapters, there's a checkbox in the bottom of the first tab that says "Show icon in notification area when connected" which will display the nifty blinky lights and a connection bubble. This is disabled by default for wired adapters, but may be different for wireless adapters.

Might need to get someone else to chime in on that!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kanwer

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing about my A drive. My thumb drive is a whole lot more usable IMHO.
As for the bubble help, I've tried everything and am learning to live with it. It pops up whenever I boot up and also whenever something new happens in my task bar. It happens on all of the 500+ computers at school that run WinXP Pro, so it must not be removeable.

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Kanwer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject:

/sigh....
I'm getting a blue screen now saying that I have a fatal error. It says ***STOP 0x0000003E, then lists a BsUDFRDR.SYS file error. Do I need to reformat again? Maybe I got a virus? Any of you techies have any ideas?

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

Kanwer

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, it looks like I got it. Seems it's related to my CD burning software.

Sensei Boytoi-Retired

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> Computer and Technical Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: