The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Question About Plat.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

rayeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Question About Plat.

I am still very new, and I have a question. I have read alot about Rathe Mountians and how the Hill Giants drop good plat. I am now just 33 and should be 34 rather quickly. Is this a place that I should go to start earning Plat? I know at 34 I will get my 1st quading spell, Circle of Force, but I am not sure If I can quad there or if there is a better place for me. I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks agian

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject:

i dont know wizzies that well but my Druid was soloing there at that lvl. but i was taking one at a time not quadding. best place to learn to quad was the dorfs in BB along the shore Twisted Evil (short people got no reason to live)

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Walrus in EW. Roam around invis and you will find where mobs path.

You can attempt the HG solo but not quading yet. Even single might be a chore if you get resisted or adds.

They still drop good plat. You can also try to quad gnolls in South Karana. With the fine steel drops you can make ok plat. Just bind nearby but far enough away. Mem lessor evac in case you need to escape and use gate to get back to the area quickly.

daeelan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Those HG are pretty mean, At 34 my druid could kite them around. Keep in mind that majority of them are going to be RED & YELLOW to you. You are going to get resisted every other spell you cast. (at least i did)

Another tactic i used was to bind myself at the entrance of the HG circle, That way i could gate the F*(& out of there and run to safety. and it saves the run back.

At your lvl you would probally be better off finding a druid to hang out with while hunting HG.

A spot that was actually pretty good for quading at 34 was DSP. There is a mushroom fort near Sanctus Seru zone that have realitivly low HP. Doppen was able to quad there from 34-38 going up a lvl every 30-45 minutes. Keep in mind back then we could still get kei though.

G'luck to you Smile

Viridian Savera'gen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I've been known to die in RM at level 50. This is actually because my ISP lag can be horrendous but it makes a point: If you lag a lot, soloing them's a bad idea. I REALLY suggest you wait until level 45 to try HGs though. Before my Druid could get KEI I dropped like a fly with its wings chopped off there and we were born and bred to kill those things.

The biggest killer there is adds. Skeletons, cyclopses and other HGs will add like mad so if you decide to take the HGs on so soon, be sure to snare pull a giant which is walking on the lower valley (not giant hill) to a safer area.

Good luck!

Atelen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject:

Despite an excellent kiting ability, wizards have a rather large limitation on their soloing; lack of mana. Giants can take a lot of mana to kill, especially in the thirties, and so unless you're good at med kiting (I never was, I'm impatient =P) or you have really, really good mana regen, Hill giants aren't the best source for cash. Also, Rathe Mountains are nearly as camped as Ice Giants in EF, which makes it not worth the time.

Get awesome otter faction slaughtering Ulthorks; not only does it net you good gems, but it's useful later when you go after wyverns (vendor right there).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sindace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject:

Kill miners in CC and sell the velium in baz, I'll buy it np. No way you can do better at that level, plus good exp.

Cirrobin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject:

Kiting for plat in SK was not very profitable, but kiting sarnaks at the fort in LoIO was. They are both a decent source of plat and great practice for kiting.

Pull with good ole firebolt, I was able to pull 2 and sometime 3 sarnaks before needing to run out of the fort and snare them. Then return for the last one, group them together resnare and CoF away.

I recall the average was 1.5 to 2 plat in cash plus items per mob. They also drop runes that you can use to build research Wink

daeelan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject:

WoW i completely forgot about Crystal Caverns. Since the Ldon expansion has been released I don't know how camped it is. But I know that daeelan lived there from 40 - -48 and made about 5k off the geo camp alone.

Besides the velium in there, Crystaline Silks sell for pretty good too. They'll get your tailoring up to abou 140 i think. so they are a hot product in the bazaar.

there are two sections of Crystal Caverns. THe first part (zone in) is a bunch of twists and turns that lead to the bottom of the cave. Mobs you'll encounter are all orcs, miners, herbologist, and a couple other casters. Lewt i remember getting off them is Cloak of ry`gor oracles, herbalist bag (4 sloth 25% weight reduction, small items), velium blocks, chuncks & peices.

The next section of Crystal Caverns is the dwarfs, its a little town in the middle of zone. If you have the faction you can sell & buy there. There is a bank which you can use no matter what your faction is. If you have sneak you can sell there too.

when you get passed the dwarves it leads to another tunnel. There are stalag mites at the bridge (4 in the bridge room). Passed the bridge room you'll come to a series of tunnels after the stairs & pond. There are 3 tunnels. The left most tunnel is full of stalag mites, and notable lewt is a nice 2 hand peircing weapone for SK's. The center tunnel is full of Crystaline spiders. At the end of that tunnel is the Queen spider & her cronies. I would suggest staying away from the queen because she'll kill you. The tunnel on the right has 1 stalag mite guard, then Geonoids. This is the ideal camp to get into. You can make 100-300pp a night fighting geos in a good group, they drop chipped gems that sell between 10pp & 200pp. (chipped diamonds are $$)

The zone out of Crystal caverns is either where you zoned in, which is a pain to get back to, or at the end of the geonoid tunnel. So you know Geonoids will not aggro you untill you've killed about 500 of them.

Hope this helps

Daee

rayeon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Thanks for all the good info. Besides being one of the nicest guilds in Eq, you are the most helpful. I can't wait to meet more of you. I will check out the caverns and see what I can come up with. You all have been a lot of help. I will see you soon

Thanks

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Sadly CC is no longer a great XP zone, its a farming nightmare..... there will be at least one 60+ in there at all times farming velium, unfortunatly there is no better place for velium drops so it is usualy camped heavy on week nights. the trick is to go on fri sat sun while all the big kids are raiding Very Happy
Id say CC is great if you can get a camp. just invis and lev then go to the bottom. pull towards the city then you have a place to run if things go bad. best of luck

Xanaux Goldenclaw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Ray,

Another idea to consider is farming spider silk in EK. I believe you may have that port spell. Sell the silks or swatches in the bazaar. Lots of tradeskillers buy them up.

Jendrick Wenslayer
62nd Heirophant of Tunare

Elyhim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject:

" unfortunatly there is no better place for velium drops "

this statement is wrong.

what's plat anyway? wtf are you people talking about?

Vyria

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Xanaux Goldenclaw wrote:
Ray,

Another idea to consider is farming spider silk in EK. I believe you may have that port spell. Sell the silks or swatches in the bazaar. Lots of tradeskillers buy them up.

Farming silks was my "I'm poor and need a little quick plat" method in the mid levels before I got Ice Comet and started on HHK guards. Instead of EK though, I'd head to Guk and do the heart spiders. Plenty of silk and kinda fast respawn if they aren't camped.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Waste of time for a wizard to bother with hill giants, especially as you'll be up against trackers who can all run faster than you.

Go to the Eastern Wastes and quad kite ulthorks (great quadding guide in the Library at Graffe.com) and collect ulthork tusks. Turn those in over in Cobalt Scar for XP and random gems (including blue diamonds). The value of the BD sank a lot with PoP (where they drop like candy, after years of being super-rare), but they're still worth decent coin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: