The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Question for other Wizzes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

rayeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Question for other Wizzes.

I am a lvl 30 wiz and I just got bonds of force. Where is the best place to start kiteing (not sure on spelling. lol.). I would like to start getting plat to buy Equip and spells while still getting good XP. If you could help me out that would be great. I hope to see you on also. If you would like look me up.

Thanks Very Much

Adam Question

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject:

If you are after Plat and Exp then try the Gnolls in South Karana. I thought 34 was the first effective area nuke but its been awhile. If you are after only XP then walruses in EW are better exp.

Make friends with a Druid or Ranger. Get SoW from them. You can also learn to Duo kite with a druid, where both of you run together with both doing area spells. This is how I spent alot of my 30s and 40s. Had a real good friend that left for DAOC but is now back as another toon. Haven't had much time to hang out with him on his new toon though.

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, at level 34, you get Circle of Force (research only spell), which is your first quadding spell that you can really use effectively with Bonds of Force. Ulthorks in the Eastern Wastes are a traditional target at that point, but I agree with SK gnolls, too, as they move more slowly and hit less hard, and are thus great targets to learn on, even if you aren't collecting ulthork tusks.

Vyria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Definately start out with Gnolls till you know what you're doing. Ulthorks can be rough and a walrus add can really ruin you're day since I believe they're sowed (though that doesn't make much sense).

Do you have your T-flux staff yet? It's an invaluable tool for kiting. I'm still busy with holiday stuff but once I'm back online float me a tell and I'll try to help you get it if you don't already.

rayeon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks

I am at work now. Don't tell my boss. lol. I am not sure which area effect spell i have. I will post back tomarrow with the correct name. I have read that Kiteing is the best way to level a Wiz and I would like to learn. I have only grouped thus far and have had a good time, but I used bonds of force last night to slow a red mob in the overthere and I killed it with out it getting close, but i was using a DD spell. That gave me a taste for it. I am greatful for your help and no I don't have the staff yet. I would love to hook up with more Walkers in anyway I can, so yes I would really be thankful for any and all help. Hope to see you all soon.

Thanks

Adam

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject:

Please do not use alkabor line of spell for area quading. It has a bigger area then the pillar or circle of force type spells but it sucks on mana usage.

The majority of the time on quading be prepared to resnare. Goto www.graffe.com and read the guides. I bet that there are posts in the forums discussing which mobs in which zones are best also. If you have ever seen someone quad make sure you watch the wizards because it is different than the druid quad.

Wizard quad is grouping at full speed, snare (/pray for no resists), then Nuke with area before the snare wears off. I think the wizard area snare is 1.5 min - 2 min (not that long when being chased by 4+ mobs). Be prepared to root park any adds.

Druid quading is Pull with Snare, get 4 mobs snared, then quad.

If you also haven't looked into it go read up on the jboots quest. See if you can find friends to help on the Ancient Cyclops. I think the South Ro version is easier than the OOT version.
Caylik (Cleric)
Jonan Dabarbarian (Shaman)

<Walkers>
Vazaelle

Atelen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject:

Before you do anything else, check out the quadding guides at Graffe's, especially the one by Bicuris in the Library (not sure on spelling).

Item's you'll want to look into:

Staff of the Temperate Flux - Invaluable as both a tagging device (to quickly aggro mobs) and as a range finder to know when to stop and let loose your AE. Given through a quest in the Temple of Solusek Ro.

Journeyman's Boots - Pain in the rear to camp, but well worth the effort. Constant SoW (33% sow, but hey) means no more spending money on SoW potions.

NOTE - Some form of speed enhancement in absolutely neccessary to quad, unless you're doing beetles in North Karana

There are two ways to start off a quad: One is to pull using snare and the other is to pull using Flux Staff or very low level spell. Snare pulling is safer, but takes longer to gather adds and more confusing remembering snare times. Most wizards pull using Flux staff, round up and then snare. If one resists, snare it, re-round up, and snare again. I've found the trickiest bit is rounding mobs, depending on the space you have, possible adds, and your speed/mob speed. Don't get too close, or mobs will warp onto you, but keep your circles small and tighten the bunch as fast as possible.

This is where Flux Staff helps a lot, because you need to run off far enough to cast an AE spell before the mobs catch up. Rinse/repeat until mobs are dead. Good rule of thumb is to re-snare at about 40% health, just in case. Always cast snare until all mobs have it refreshed; no resists. If mobs seperate, round them once or twice and continue.

At 34, Ulthorks are a great target due to the tusk turn in in Cobalt Scar, which can net you cash gems, but gnolls in SK or giants in GD work as well. What I always do at a new quad site is to tag a single or maybe two, snare, kite, and gauge how much mana you have, resist rates, terrain, and wanderer paths. Ulthorks are nice because you have a long stretch of shore with no wanderers to kite on, and mobs stay fairly far apart so adds are rare.

Walrii, by the way, are not sow'd (or were not when I hunted there). They also have better resists and are lower level than Ulthorks, so are good to start on, and then as you go you can throw in an ulthork or two with walrii, then progress to full Ulthork quads. The other benefit of Ulthorks is that you get close vendors for when you quad Wyverns in you early fifties.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Gworr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject:

My alt Wizzy is level 37 now.

I created this wizzy only for Quading and have been doing such since level 24 starting LOIO doing Goblins.

I did Gnolls in SK, Walrus's and Ulthorks in EW and The Overthere. I was doing a little of everything.

I mainly did Gnolls till 32 then stopped, and between EW and OT after 32 I ended up just doing OT, why?

1. None stop pulls, there is ALWAYS something to add to the quad.

2. I am evil so the City next door can be a benefit.

3. Being Evil I can take adventage of the Sarnak Bezerker Braid Quest which yeilds now at my level to 2% exp per 4 braids.

I did not like EW that much because everytime I went to EW there were other kiters and it made it very difficult to find pulls, even where there weren't any other kiters I still found if difficult sometimes.

If you decide to start in OT, here are some tips.

1. Until 34 do not touch the Sarnak Knight, Spiked Succulants and Stonegazer Cocatrice.

2. Look for Sarnak Berserkers, Thorned Succulants and Stoneleer Cocatrice until you are level 34, once level 34 do what ever you want.

3. Do Not mess with Tigers, Tigeresses and Rhinos, they run at level 9 sow speed and are just not worth it.

4. I Usually med at the cliff (HS zone), no wanderers there, and pull there as well where I do my quad. I usually pull from the pond right outside from Skyfire zone.

5. All the mobs have a low agro range except the Sarnaks, The Succulants are always indifferent.

6. If you are a good race and it gets dark outside becareful of the dragoons.

Good Luck and hope this helps you.

brelenie1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject:

1 thing I would like to add......

Snaring yerself = not good

k thanks

Brelenie

Mildane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm with Brelenie on this one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

rayeon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks

This is good info as I am grouping now in OT. I just hit 31 last night and had my 1st run in with the goon's. I was killed twice by them before I realized what was killing me. I then leveled back up to 31 (LOL). I will be out of town this weekend but back online on monday night so if you would like look me up I would not mind to see some real quading in action to learn to do it well. Thanks for all the info.

Have a good day

Adam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: