The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Interesting idea.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

soto01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject:

On the same lines as Miuu, when I twobox my sk/shammy I always slow the mob on incoming with the mob at 100 percent health and I only use clinging darkness to pull, I could easily generate a ton more aggroe on the pull if I wanted to. It is only once in a blue moon that Soto actually pulls aggro from Wry doing this and then for never more than a second. If I was twoboxing a warrior/shammy in HoH or Tactics I think soto would end up dead 3/4 of the time =x. I have yet to ever group with a warrior that I could slow on incoming with, to me this is a HUGE disparity in the aggroe department. WTB a fix for our warriors happyness and our slowers safety =p.

Tibb

warlax007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject:

I have a 54 warrior and try tanking in PoN or PoD with a shaman. As soon as a shaman slows warror loses arrgo and I have yo hope that taunt would get it back. If shaman does not slow right away then we are talking about a fast way to lose HPs. I don't have any uber weapons and won't get any unless I switch to him as my main and join a raiding guild and hope that I would win a roll against a bunch of other tanks.

I'm not about to go back to KC and waste my time when PoN and PoD give better exp. Why should I have to give that up as warrior with mid range gear and no high end raiding gear? The high end warrior with a BoW and max haste and Str will do a damn fine job but 95% of warriors out there don't have that and never will.

IMHO the warrior needs an AA skill that would build arrgo better then that stupid taught button THAT IS BROKE. Untill they fix the warrior's arrgo my 54 warrior will not see much action if at any at all.

Warlax

Elnrik Talshiar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject:

I see this as a problem with fundamental way warriors work. I've got a little warrior, and haven't reached a significant level with him, so perhaps I'm a bit ignorant on the class, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm thinking SKs and Paladins are now out-damaging warriors. Plus they have spells specifically designed to gain massive amounts of aggro fast, which makes taunt pale in comparison. Furthermore, warriors have to build aggro instead of instantly having it. They can't just cast a spell and have 600+ aggro on a mob. Warriors currently just can't keep up with that.

I'm thinking that if the basic damage output of a warrior were increased, as well as to include a warrior-only version of taunt which actually builds aggro instead of putting him at the top of the list, warriors would be better able to hold aggro without changing in major ways how warriors are played.

As far as the taunt goes, perhaps have it operate similar to the SK bite line of spells. (I think that is what it is called... sorry for my lack of SK knowledge.) Each taunt = a certian amount of aggro. Maybe make it level based, like: (Level * 5)/(3.1415 * R-squared + Avagadro's number) + the atomic weight of helium on a windy day = Taunt Aggro.

Like I said, I'm not a warrior expert, but I don't think extreme measures really need to be take to make the class viable again. I could be really wrong though.

(AKA - Brent)

Ahhmaye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject:

Until (if ever) warrior taunt is fixed, you can find some helpful tips at the following link to assist <random warrior tank> grab and hold aggro...personally I think EVERYONE should read this.

http://www.eqwalkers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4327

Ahhmaye
Monk

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject:

Twisted Evil lol ok so found this on SOE boards lol to dam funny

Quote:
KniteStorm1
Station Member
Posts: 117 posted 11-15-2003 04:41 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/humor on
SOE: they want warriors fixed? hmm...what can we do

*Warriors log on and find they can use the spell book, complete with two spells--Change Class Paladin and Change Class Shadow Knight*

SOE: that should take care of the problems. Now, about those pointy hats for wizards...

/humor off

Knite

*ok, so I had one too many cups of coffee

was on this post about stuff people found on test... possible warrior spells?
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum4/HTML/052994.html

Nerina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject:

Hmm...

From EQvault:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lepidus: Warriors are a group that has been very vocal about problems with their class. Are there any plans to give special attention to the needs of this class or any other?

Alan VanCouvering: We will be hosting a chat to discuss the changes we have in mind on November 24th. We will be doing something more than a just simple balancing pass. It's more of a melee combat system change. The goal is to make melee combat more interesting over all, to introduce a little more skill into the way a melee character is played, and to achieve the balance that we are always looking for.
Nerina Desse
46 Warrior

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: