The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Interesting idea.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

AtomickLbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Interesting idea.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?s=23e875025feb33f0e3511447ea88674c&threadid=4109

Aelorean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I agree. Warriors just need one really good aggro obtaining skill...why is that so hard for SOE to provide?

That, and some cool special effects would be nice (ie, kinda like spell effects, but melee related...like a huge sword slash in slow motion or something ..hehe). They just need more perks.

stoneclaww

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Well, something does need to be done for Warriors. They have my support, screw SOE. They shouldn't nerf the hybrids, but Warriors have been pretty much castrated over the years. However, Murdakin's castration has nothing to do with SOE... /wave Simply Twisted Evil

Quote:
never come to a battle of wits with no ammunition

Islena

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject:

There is a nice summation in this thread that does a good job of outlining **positive** fixes, rather than "Swing that nerf bat". I would be very happy to see warriors get any number of the items listed and hope this can be fixed in a positive manner.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?s=cc624ed7552aeea3a65bee5a3584d9c3&forumid=15&threadid=4174

Here is the summary:

Agro:
- Agro. Fix it, warrior agro is redundant. The most popular ideas regarding fixing agro were:
1) Furor's Taunt/DoT idea: starts at level 20, scales in power. Level 65: 350hate/tick, 150 damage/tick. Duration: 2 minutes. Reuse: 24 seconds. Can be used at range, but he mentioned the range to which it works is limited. Multiple taunt/dots can stack on one mob (raid encounter utility).
2) Innate EB proc. 700 hate instantly, usable at range, re-use time of about 20-30 seconds.

Having both ideas implemented also suggested.

HP edge:
- The HP gap between knights and warriors has become WAY too narrow, especially since Plane of Time Knightmization, paladin buffs, and LDoN augs. Most popular fixes:
1) Innate 5-10% Natural Durability for warriors.
2) Stamina post-255 should work as it did prior to 255, giving warriors 7hp/tick as it should be (since 51-60 was 6hp/tick).

Implementation of both also suggested

Damage Mitigation:
- See above in terms of HP gap. See the log parse for Rallos Zek if you are unconvinced. Most popular suggestions:
1) Innate 10% mitigation boost for warriors. That means 10% off DI AND DB. Suggestion to limit this fix to just DI also made
2) Remove /disc defensive altogether, 20-25% Innate mitigation boost (off both DI and DB).

General Fixes (this area affects ALL pure melees, not just warriors):
- While casters/hybrids received massive benefits between levels 61-65, pure melees received nothing at all. Aside from that, pure melees have been suffering at the hands of game designers since SoL. Suggestions:
1) Skill caps increase: 5-10 points/level all around (offensive, weapon skills, defensive skills) for pure melees only.
2) Stat caps increase (since casters can get up to 355 wiz/int, smilar increases proposed to melee-based stats; Str/Dex/Agi/Sta)
3) Unlinking the timers between discs. Especially between offensive and defensive based disciplines.

Some are a little strange, and some are right up the warrior alley in a very positive manner.

Good luck, Warriors Smile
Mostly Retired

Sorgaine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
However, Murdakin's castration has nothing to do with SOE... /wave Simply

LMAO Stone!!

My Magelo Profile

ZigonZagoff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject:

http://pub147.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm1.showMessage?topicID=42323.topic

Other communities are backing melee balance.
I will say that when they nerfed monks it made for a very hard time as a low level monk because I used to be able to take on a blue solo and after they nerfed it I had a hard time. But now I use a cleric with the monk for better effect (i.e. heals)

Anyway - read up on it if you are interested. Others that don't play a melee do think they need help. I personally think that wizards still need help at the low and mid levels but we won't derail the thread Very Happy

Aelorean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm not so keen on nerfing knights in any way, but I am interested in working on warriors quite a bit. I like the idea of giving them aggro skills or AA abilities that gain hate or aggro via ANY method.

I also agree that Monks got the screw a while back. Granted, they were overpowered before that screw, but it was too much. SOE is like that though, they always go too far....

TheNerple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I don't get the point of this at all, Absor was correct in saying the classes were balanced.

Warriors are and always were the premiere tank class in Everquest and always possessed the ability to hold aggro. I read all 36 pages of that thread earlier today, and the odd part is the most common complaint is warriors wanting to be upgraded so they are the first choice of tanks for exp groups. Which I fond odd because that is just returning EQ to the Holy Triumverate that existed pre-PoP and will effectively shutout Knight classes without nerfing them.

Nor is the problem Knights overpowered, they're not, its the copmmon occurance of EQ players to simplify everything so it is as easy as it can be. Take Exp groups, Knights (and for that matter monks and rangers) do fine in them because groups insist on doing single pulls which nullifies the need for a strong tank. If groups were to try to challenge themselves to the point you had to worry about mana you'd fine warriors being looked at before knights, not as equals. There is no way

The point them bring up alot if Arch Overseers on Bristlebane using non-warriors on Time mobs, and claiming its a clear example of unbalance. Yet they don't mention that Arch Overseers has triviliazed the encounter first defeating it back in July, and they openly admit using warriors is their norm and the best choice. And they forget to mention that at some point the dps of a mob is so great, that the strength fo your healing and runing is more important than the strength of your tank.

Warriors and pure melee arent unbalanced (Rogues and monks are still the top 2 melee dps classes), they are the victims of a poor public image,a dn that's not SOE's fault, its the fault fo the player base and the tendency of people to follow trends.

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Murdakin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I don't care how much DPS I do.

I don't care if a pally or SK can tank.

What I do care about is I can't hold agro. The fact that a hybrid <nothing against you hybrids, you do awesome work> can pull agro from my by yawning means there's something wrong with my ability to do my job. What is my job you say? Hold agro so everyone else can do damage, thats IT.

Murd

AtomickLbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject:

/Agree Murd. I don't want uber hp's or gear or special abilities. I just want taunt to work. And not just taunt for me but for all classes that use it. Make it a more ffective tool and i would be happy. Not whining just saying the one thing I would like to see SOE fix.

soto01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject:

I always thought warrior taunt should be a clicky non damage AE stun. Make it so there is no dd component and wouldn't break mezzes but would ensure solid snap aggroe and keep it on the same refresh timer that the taunt button renews at now. Hell they could even tie it to an aa warriors could buy into to make the stun part generate more aggroe. Sounds a bit like diablo I know, but would sure fix the problem in a reasonable manner imo.

Tibb

Miuu Miuu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject:

I agree with what warriors want to do. I can see the difference in aggro grabbing that I do easily with a pally/SK or warrior as tank. I can be in a BoT group and SK/Pally tank and cast my slow at 98% and not grab aggro. Do it with a warrior, I have to wait til 88% or less and sometimes I still grab aggro. That is a clear sign that something is wrong. No offense to warriors, but it's your job to stand there and get hit. You do that extremely well, but the aggro generation is just horrible and the 'fixes' for it are not very effective. Makes me a bit nervous to have to delay slows for any reason (slower mob = less damage taken = less mana needed for heals = more damage from party = quicker dead mob). Just my view on this. Something needs to be done and I hope that the stand down will get some action taken.

Mildane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?s=b7ee83cb557bbcb31d19ebeba9d1a69d&forumid=15&threadid=4249

In the bottom of the picture of that page theres a warrior named creaky =P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Daneloire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Man, I love pre-Luclin ogre models. They look like this guy I work with.

-Dane

IddinLunasglory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I would agree that warriors have not received as much in the way of "upgrades" with any successive new expansion. Where SK's and Pallies have been given new spells ect. I do strongly believe that Taunt for warriors should be much more reliable than it is at this point. SOE has always tried to (IMO) Force the group dynamic, by not giving warrior an “instant 700 point taunt” they have made a place for Knights as they do have that ability. A warrior and knight make a formidable team (see post on agro building). It is the Job of the knight to build that agro for the warrior, SOE now just needs to give the warrior the ability to hold it effectively. If taunt were beyond all doubt 100% an aggro hold thought where would be tha challenge in the game? If the warrior was never going to lose aggro then once he had it the shaman could throw 100 dots and the wizard could burn a bar of mana neither ever learning to controll thier aggro. I think the "stand down" is a great idea so long as they do not interfear with others in the game Twisted Evil
GL Warriors!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: