The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hello! This is my application for membership in the Walkers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Shevik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Hello! This is my application for membership in the Walkers.

Greetings!

I am Shevik, Ranger, level 55 -- took me three years off and on to get this far. During the last year, I haven't played at all until a week ago, yet I often thought of my friends in the Walkers.

During my year off I reread all the fantasy books of my past. The Chronicles of Narnia made me think of EQ the most, as if Everquest laid on the other side of the Wardrobe in my office, the door if which I have been afraid to open for fear of never being able to return to real life again. Now I find my real life is as exciting and wonderful as EQ, and that it has room for a bit of fantasy, too.

Before beginning this post, I read through all the Charter info a few times. I had read it before but not in awhile, but several things moved me now as I apply.

"1 – The Walkers as a guild prize the quality of a person more than their prowess on the battlefield."

I hope this is still true, 'cause I am not too good at this game anymore, unless enjoyment counts, in which case, I am brilliant!

"2 – Walkers are honest, fair and considerate, both in their dealings with each other and with outsiders..."

Shortly before I left Walkers, I was inconsiderate to several members. I wish I had reminded myself of Whiz's words then, but I was having a hard time. Interestingly, I tried to apologize to a few people and was met with blank stares (the people I thought I had pissed off didn’t know what i talking about). Honesty and fairness I think I have been able to exhibit all along, though my humility may be a bit lacking.

"Walkers Guild is a group of friends who enjoy similar things about their Everquest experience, and who take pleasure from each other's company..."

What genius wrote that? hehehe. Often, applicants to guilds describe what they have to offer, and this is reasonable tact. Being a ranger, of little current experience, the main thing I have to offer is my companionship -- just as that is the chief thing I hope to benefit from by being with all of you.

While away from the game, I found myself lurking here pretty often, and stopping in to say hi a few times. The responses made me feel gushy and warm, and I like those feelings. Of course I want to group with you all, and be uber and all that (well, not too uber), but more than anything I would enjoy the guild chat channel, and telling silly jokes, and having dance contests.

/ooc:

Actual information about me: I mostly play evenings and weekends, as I work 8-5 more or less. Of course, this is not rigid with me as I work out of my home. I don't have any alts I play, though I do have a mule just for the Bazaar. My main hobby outside of EQ is music. I play guitar and bass, and have been playing a band for the last year that made a record and played around Seattle and Bellingham. I am married and we have a cat. My wife has no interest in computer games, though she does enjoy watching me play PS2 sometimes.

I hope to interact and group with more of you in the coming weeks, and look forward to hanging out with all of you more.

fieni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thallas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject:

/cheer

Caniel Faithealer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject:

WOOHOO!

soto01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Good to meet you. This might sound a bit wierd but I am also a fellow musician and have a goofy question for ya. A guy I used to be in a band with back in the day at W.S.U. , I have heard is doing things in the Bellingham area now. His name is Adam Boesel (think I am spelling last name correctly), I know the musical community is fairly small up in Bellingham so I am hoping you might know him and know how I can get back in touch with him? I would love to hear how he is doing. Just taking a shot in the dark here =p

Tibb

If you run into him tell him his old gimpy drummer from Awake (Todd) says hi and I hope all is going well for him.

Aelorean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Bonus points if you bring Fieni back with you Wink

Shevik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: musician in Bham named Adam...

I will ask around. I don't know him but it is a tight group of folks here so Ill make some calls.

Elnrik Talshiar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Hey Shevik Very Happy

(AKA - Brent)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: