The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Final WoW classes/races revealed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Spirit of the Night

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Final WoW classes/races revealed

From this month's CGW:

Quote:
Computer Gaming World has the latest exclusive interview with the Blizzard development team. After sending two editors to Blizzard for two days to do nothing but play, they have returned with a wealth of goodies.

So far here is what we know: There will be two fractions, Horde and Alliance. The Horde side of the equation has two races joining the team, the Trolls and the Forsaken. The Burning Legion remains an overall threat to both fractions. The alliance will be joined by the Gnomes, apparently fresh out of hiding.

New classes to bring us to a total of nine. Five existing, druid, shaman, mage, warrior, and warlock will see the addition of three more, Rogue, Priest, and Paladin. Finally hero classes will be available to the more dedicated gamers that achieve higher levels (currently set at 40th.)

The rogue class is designed to be able to deal large amounts of damage through the use of deception, poison and devestating attack moves. Poison can either be used to enhance direct damage or as a lingering effect that does damage over time.

The priest class is less like a conventional cleric class and more like a spellcaster with influeance over an opponent's thinking. They are descibed in the article as the best healer and buffer in the game. Some of their skills inclue being able to dominate or charm an opponent, confusion and fumble. Interesting, priests can walk the world of holy magic or shadow magic.

Finally Paladins are described. They are different from Warriors in that they can't deal the damage that a warrior can, but they are experts in the fields of defense. Add to that the abilities to embue weapons, heal and generate aura type effects, they will be a sure fit for most alliance parties.

Finally the hero classes. The hero classes look to be similiar to our article on legendary heroes. They are just being placed in the game builds now. Currently a player needs to be a 40th level character class to qualify for a hero class. Unlike our article, it appears that right now you will have to fit both the racial and professional profile to take on a hero class.

More info here

Word on the streets is closed beta signups within a month too Surprised

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject:

HOLY SHIT.

I was always going to play this game, but EVERYTHING in this article sounds badass.

Yunk01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Fractions? Math is no fun! Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm always amused at people who can't remember the word "factions." :p

TheNerple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject:

The word fraction really isn't misused, just used in an uncommon way.

The Ling Slayer - The Licker
Appotus Dominus - Vazaelle

Mildane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject:

As long as I can be a ranger/hunter, I think I wont have a problem with this game. But even if not, I can just be a mage type, they've always been fun in Warcraft.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Quillamaya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject:

I have my eye on night elf hunter, charming an animal of your choice and it actually stays with you seems awesome
But you never know with me, I will probably try them all twice before I pick one=)

Whizbang Dustyboots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject:

There is no definition of the word "fraction" that can be used the way that site is using it. They meant "faction" and just didn't know it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fraction

Yunk01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Laughing I figured as much... especially after I saw "devestating" and "influeance" in there. Please tell me this wasn't in a real publication. Evil or Very Mad I'm so anal about spelling. My apologies.

/hijack off

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

VamprissX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject:

Warlock......sounds so "male". Hope they have a Witch version. /grin evilly. Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: