The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
ummm, Shiloch?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Lorieannaie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: ummm, Shiloch?

What happened to my Legend status that I had on EZBoard since all our post-count was suppose to have moved over with us to the new message board. I'm just wondering that's all. Cool

Pedi Dustyboots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject:

EZboard and phpbb don't work the same way. While EZboard keeps a permanent tally of your overall post count, phpbb is only counting what got transfered over. We don't get credit for older posts, such as the ones that drop off the 20 pages, or deleted posts from EZboard.

Most of us have to start over. Don't feel so bad! I made legend status twice already (first was on Leopa) and now I have to go for a third time, ugh.

Herbert Dypp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject:

bah. i was approaching 1000posts on the last board and now I'm less than 500.

Pedi, does that mean that once our posts here drop off the 20pages then our post counts will decrease?

Jaffod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject:

OMG nooooooooooooooooooooo

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Yea, Pedi hit that right on the mark.

Also, if you would have read the Q&A thread, I've answered this question four times already.

I really hoped people wouldn't be so concerned about their post count, I think its a silly concept.

What we want to avoid is people posting stupid things just to add to their post count. I've promised that the rank system will be updated so that moving through it will be more fun again, and I'll keep my word on that. I've assigned the task to Whizbang, but if he doesn't get to it, rest assured I will. I'm still trying to get everyone's accounts working properly, then I'll be on to other things. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Mildane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I dont think anyone really cares about their postcount. It's just being able to change your name, make things more fun and interesting. People are all about options.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject:

My first and foremost concern right now is functionality. There's still a good number of people who can't log in to read or post. Those conerns come above my concerns about your post count, or your rank/title. I've been touching on them where I can, but the problems here are on a hierarchal priority list. Evil or Very Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Walkers of Vazaelle Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: